Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2007, 21:33   #1

Handicap friendly seats for Innova?

Hi

I am planning to buy an innova, but my father has difficulty sitting due to the height. Is it possible to reduce the height of innova seats. I am looking at front pasenger seat. Company says, they will not do it.
I currently own a santro and he is very comfortable with the santro height. So I am hoping i can bring down the height of innova seat to the same height as santro's seat.

Also does anyone in india make modifications to seating so its more handicap friendly, like turing the seat so its easier to get in and out.

thanks
blasé
Old 21st March 2007, 14:34   #2
BHPian

Is the height of the seat a problem of the height of the car. I think one solution can be to install a platform which runs along the body (have seen in some tata Safaris and Scorpios. So it will be like making a small step for gettin inside and outside. you can get one which is custom made to suit the comfort level of your father. You can check if it helps by testing it using a wooden platform kept on the floor to get into the car.
Old 23rd March 2007, 05:09   #3

Thanks rishi, but platform option does not help.

I found few foreign companies do manufature these kind of seats
Braun Mobility Seat

But i have absolutly no idea how to import it here, I tried mailing these guys, but did not receive any reply.

Last option is to change the railing and premanently reduce the seat height as one of my friend suggested.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks