Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2020, 17:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Xiaomi's Mi Tyre Inflator

A few colleagues onboard ordered it online from Amazon UAE. It was for 128 AED (approx 2600 INR) and was delivered in a couple of days. The product quality is very good and the size is handy as well. The digital display also helps a lot and there is a LED flash light as well. They tried inflating a couple of Volleyballs and Footballs and it was working well. I have ordered one through the crowd funding page and the deliveries are going to start after 10th August.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th July 2020 at 19:15. Reason: Minor typo
adi.mariner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 17:38   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Apart from the wireless feature due to the built in battery, I find nothing impressive about this inflator really.

The downside that I see is the sheer time it takes to inflate a flat tire. Regular electric pumps with digital gauge and auto cut off do this mostly in under 3 minutes for sedan/MPVs.

They may be noisy but 13 minutes to inflate is too much of a wait for me.
Old 26th July 2020, 18:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

I've ordered this product without much study. Seeing the compactness and it's ease of use, I just went by the brand name. I see much more utility than just inflating flats.

* Inflate tyres of cycles too with ease, i've 3 of them.
* Inflate football, basket ball, kids' toys.

* With the compressor readings at most bunks being inaccurate, one can use it to top up tyre pressure - that much lesser point of contact in these covid times and avoid visiting bunks or tyre shops for top ups. With two cars, the frequency would be more for me. Presently to top up, to take out the tyre inflator from the boot and keep everything packed it back in place itself would take ten minutes, especially squeezing those cables back is cumbersome. Topping up job is indeed time consuming.

* With tpms in place, it's most unlikely we get caught unawares with a flat. So I wouldn't mind the extra 6-7 minutes this device may take.

And for inter-state and long trips, I would anyways keep a back up inflator. Shall update how good the device is once I start using it. Expected delivery is by second week of August.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 26th July 2020 at 18:50.
Old 26th July 2020, 19:06   #19
BHPian

Attaching a couple of photos of the Mi inflator with the attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Xiaomi's Mi Tyre Inflator-img_20200726_172154.jpg  

Xiaomi's Mi Tyre Inflator-img_20200726_172400.jpg  

adi.mariner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 20:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Is Xiaomi launching their older model in India, because the new one (available overseas), looks like this. My tires are on nitrogen, but this does look like a handy device to carry around (as long as it retains charge for weeks and months)
Attached Images

Last edited by Sebring : 26th July 2020 at 20:16.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 20:20   #21
BHPian

Since it has power bank like battery setup, I see that it comes with its own risks if placed inside car and parked outside under sun.

Last edited by Thilak29 : 26th July 2020 at 20:21.
Thilak29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 09:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Xiaomi makes some pretty neat products. Received mine yesterday, and it's very impressive. The fat 'iPod like' compressor restored my tyres to its correct psi setting in no time
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 20:06   #23
BHPian

Hi all I recently purchased Mi Portable Electric Air Compressor from Xiaomi website Mi.com.

The MRP was 3499 while I got it at 2299 Rs.
I found it to be quite light weight and easy to use.
Its very portable and uses USB charging so no more 12v port required.
In summary its quite excellent to inflate Car, motorcycle, cycle, football, basket ball etc.

I have made a small video, hope you will find it useful.
Here is the link to the video
StallionAmit is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 20:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

I got mine too. I have always trusted the Xiaomi ecosystem for their products.
I am quite impressed with this, alongwith my new 70Mai Battery operated jumpstarter

https://www.amazon.in/70mai-Starter-...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 02:05   #25
BHPian

I bought mine for one purpose only and that is to inflate my bike tyres in case of puncture or low pressure. For cars it's usefulness is limited as you get far cheaper cigarette lighter powered pumps that full air much faster than this little battery powered pump.

But on my bike there is no cigarette lighter and while you can install an after market lighter most are of poor quality and in our heavy rains they usually die a premature death anyways. So this is just perfect for bikes.

For cars I would honestly look elsewhere.
bf1983 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 03:30   #26
BHPian

I picked up one here in NZ for much more, but then again because its NZ I am not surprised at how much more I paid for it here. But in terms of price range available here, this one was the cheapest.

The main reason I picked it up, for my MTB and my WR250R when I hit trails and if I happen to have a flat tyre that needs to be fixed along the way.

So far I am extremely happy with the product, brilliant for cycle tyres no doubt and about all right for motorcycle tyres. I manage to get about 3 flat to full on my motorcycle and about 5 flat to full on the cycle. Have not tried it on the car as yet.

Pros:
Size & weight
battery operated
digital guage in psi & bar
charge time
does not heat up like other wired ones I have used
Pretty quiet for an air compressor
fits into the tail pack on my motorcycle or hydration pack for the cycle

Cons:
no weather resistance, so would not pull it out to use on a rainy day
limited range, but then again for a battery operated one its flipping brilliant

Recommendation: for the price, worth having as an emergency means to an end in the travel pack or car kit
intoxicangel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 12:31   #27
BHPian

I have been using the MI inflator for more than 2 months now. Chose this over many other options because it has a battery and does not need a cigarette lighter power source. This is important for me since I can carry it on my motorcycle on long trips and also it is very compact. Also, we have 2 parking and one is used only to park 2 wheelers so again power source is an issue.

It is well made and the most important benefit of this one is that fact that it can run on battery and is extremely compact.
It does its job well. I have used it on cycle, Activa, motorcycle and car.
Fills up cycle/ Activa tyre real quick. Takes some time for motorcycle tyre but would fill it up from 0 to 36 in around 7-8 mins.
I have not tried, but I believe it will not be able to fill a car type from 0 pressure. May be one will have to let it cool in between. Still it should be enough to make your flat tyre reach about 25 psi after fixing a puncture and you can drive to the next puncture shop.

The only issue I face that the filling tube is quite small and if the valve is sitting on the upper end of the tyre, in case of a 2 wheeler you can rotate the tyre to bring the valve below, but in case of a car, you just have to hold the inflator in your hand until the job is done.
Apart from that, another con is that it is not very powerful, but that is understandable since it is quite compact. I am ok with that as long as it does its job.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 15:11   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Xiaomi makes some pretty neat products. Received mine yesterday, and it's very impressive. The fat 'iPod like' compressor restored my tyres to its correct psi setting in no time
Does it still work well? You still.use it for your bike (cycle)?
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 19:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Yes it does work, but I'm mostly using it in my car, (and for the bike). For the cycle I have purchased a JoeBlow. It's just an effortless air pump
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Does it still work well? You still.use it for your bike (cycle)?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 13:54   #30
BHPian

I am considering to give MI portable compressor a try. I will be using this mainly for my bicycle trips in and out of town.

Considering it’s sheer form factor and battery powered functionality, I am sold on this. Internet is full of mixed reviews. May be a long term review from a Bhpian will help, thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks