Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2007, 03:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Decide on a budget, and a target. Do you want a highway torque happy car? Do you want a dragstrip special? A quick street car? Accordingly, let us know, and come up with a budget. Where you live will also play a role, so tell us that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Wide alloys & thicker tyres... uprated plugs & wires.
Alloys and tyres depending on what power output you're aiming for. Plugs and wires useless unless you're changing compression or going forced induction.
Old 14th April 2007, 03:18   #17
BHPian

So after the useful discussion and comments by viper,moralfibre and others on different threads I have to say that chetan is right...My Mistake... Cant edit the posts now... NGK iridiums are a lil overrated (Dammmit!!!)
Old 14th April 2007, 03:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
I couldnt understand why you used the words "stock cars" . Where should one use the Iridium tipped spark plugs then...may be on su-30 engines (no pun intended)

I agree that spark plugs can't increase the potential power that an engine can generate...... but a more efficient spark will provide more efficient combustion and associated performance and economy benefits....
A poor spark from a worn out or low grade spark plug (OEMs arent the best in quality...In India they have to make things cheaper maan...may be things are different in US of A) will reduce efficiency. An Iridium plug will produce a more efficient spark . Due to the properties of Iridium, the spark plugs centre electrode can be made with a much smaller diameter than with platinum, Gold or gold palladium and copper/nickel types without sacrificing service life.... The spark plugs potential difference is more concentrated at the tiny Iridium tip and hence less 'spark jump' voltage is required - this can be as much as 5,000 volts less than with OEM plug types. Ignition is improved and less strain is placed on the ignition system. Benefits of improved ignition/combustion include better fuel economy, increased power/acceleration and especially better throttle response.

now coming to wires....
Good set of plug wires are just as important to ignition performance as the spark plugs.... The wires carry high voltage from the ignition coil to the spark plugs... Each wire has a conductive core surrounded by a layer of insulation...The type of insulation used in a plug wire is important. Premium wire sets typically use silicone or EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) insulation which offers higher temperature resistance than Hypalon or other materials (which I think is needed when one likes to push their STOCK cars to their limit). Some premium wire sets also have a protective outer covering of EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate). EVA provides thermal protection to over 400 degrees and has a tensile strength 200 percent higher than silicone.

Relax maan... No one posts here to mislead
You are talking about a stock Indian zen right..?
I give up. I just surrender against the mighty plug and wire power...
If anyone else wants to contribute plz go ahead, I cannot explain further.

Last edited by chetanhanda : 14th April 2007 at 03:20.
Old 14th April 2007, 03:22   #19
BHPian

Already posted my apologies..
Old 14th April 2007, 03:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
Already posted my apologies..
cool ...no problems ..

Last edited by chetanhanda : 14th April 2007 at 03:30.
Old 14th April 2007, 03:29   #21
BHPian

Its alrite... I got to know where NOT to spend money
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
I just surrender against the mighty plug and wire power...
This was really funny though...
Old 14th April 2007, 03:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

hey from an ambersaria to an ambersaria(my pind is close to your city waisa also have a house in roopnagar so next time i am in amritsar we could meet)
i have a list of things for your and mine car which i got from the only performance shop in punjab and chandigarh which is in mohali by the name HPS
he told me to get
1 a k&n filter universal 4500
2 cold air in take 1500
3 Servo (its like a fan thing help in air circulation) donna know the price i forgot hope abhishek has it
4 spark plug 800 per piece
5 a freeflow 9k
in all he said i have to spend 25k to make my ride go faster and said i would be have around 25 bhp more

i need suggestion from people so i can go through it (i want to go faster)

i don't want to go to dehli because if something goes wrong i would have a local person to blame and catch hold of
i want help about the prices are they ok or should i bargain
and should i go for universal filter or a performance i don't mind the cost

Last edited by manikjeet : 14th April 2007 at 03:32.
Old 14th April 2007, 03:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
hey from an ambersaria to an ambersaria(my pind is close to your city waisa also have a house in roopnagar so next time i am in amritsar we could meet)
i have a list of things for your and mine car which i got from the only performance shop in punjab and chandigarh which is in mohali by the name HPS
he told me to get
2 cold air in take 1500
3 Servo (its like a fan thing help in air circulation) donna know the price i forgot hope abhishek has it
5 a freeflow 9k
in all he said i have to spend 25k to make my ride go faster and said i would be have around 25 bhp more

i don't want to go to dehli because if something goes wrong i would have a local person to blame and catch hold of
hey, suggestion for you.. try this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...5-bhp-faq.html
I hope we have covered your questions in that post.. hope it helps..
Old 14th April 2007, 03:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
he told me to get
2 cold air in take 1500
5 a freeflow 9k

chuck the 4th point out man . i am scared now to even write the name of the evil...money-grabbing N*K ( term courtesy viper ....loved it). Throw some light on the cold air intake 1500 (sounds intersting)

Quote:
hey from an ambersaria to an ambersaria(my pind is close to your city waisa also have a house in roopnagar
by roopnagar you mean Ropad right. My native place is close to Nangal
Old 14th April 2007, 03:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

by roopnagar you mean Ropad right. My native place is close to Nangal[/quote]
yae its the new name of ropad but we have place in amritsar which is called roopnagar to
but i will ask my dad one more time in the morning to be sure last time i remember it was called roopnagar
Old 14th April 2007, 18:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he told me to get
2 cold air in take 1500
5 a freeflow 9k

Well Manik,

I will give a very good advice now regarding modifications.

1 a k&n filter universal 4500 = Yes
2 cold air in take 1500 = Yes
4 spark plug 800 per piece = Waste of money specially on a a stock car. Told ya earlier too.
5. freeflow = yes

Don't get flywheel and stuff or any turbo he is trying to sell ya. Also it wont gain 25BHP until and unless you have good headers.

And guys the shop name is HyperPerformance Motor Sports. Yeah Yeah now manik and I had to wear a shield coz lot of you are gonna flame stuff but he is the only one doing it here and Manik dont want to go to Delhi and get it done coz if something happens his DAD will just KILL him...

P.S. I am not getting any modification done. My list of Modifications include
1. Ractive Air Filter
2. Tri-Phase
Old 15th April 2007, 00:57   #27

hey v1p3r...i am from vancouver.i am not into serious upgrading of my car but i just want lil bit of extra punch or power to get ahead of other ZENs (lol)in particular. one more thing i wanted help with is "are the spark plugs and wire sets different for diffrnt engines"......i mean i'm worried that i may buy wrong stuff that won;t fit a zen."

Quote:
he told me to get
2 cold air in take 1500
5 a freeflow 9k

sure man i ll be in amritsar in may and june.just keep me posted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks