Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2023, 22:23   #91
BHPian

Re: Car Air Fresheners that BHPians recommend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I am using activated charcoal and it's very useful. It absorbs all smell and leaves the car with a neutral smell feel which exactly we want.
Purchased this from Amazon though looks expensive.
https://www.amazon.in/stores/DrCHARC...5?ref_=ast_bln
How long does it actually last? The product description says more than a year; however, some of the reviews says that it is much less.

Does it lose strength gradually and needs to be re-activated by putting it in the sunlight for some time?
Old 6th April 2023, 05:44   #92
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I use an activated charcoal cabin air filter in the Cooper. The gypsy doesn’t have an AC hence no cabin filter. The Thar, I use a standard mahindra cabin filter.

In all my cars I use those Godrej Aer sachets with a citrus-y fragrance. It works well. I also scatter a few crystals of Camphor inside the car on the floor and under the seats etc, to keep away small bugs and such. This also works well.

These things keep my car interior smelling nice.

I am very sensitive to bad odours. So is my wife. We can’t stand cars which smell stale or otherwise have bad odours. Some of the taxis I’ve used from the airport are absolutely horrid, make us want to throw up. So we sit and suffer but with the windows open and like my dog, we stick our noses out of the window if we are condemned to using such a smelly taxi.

Plus I do not allow anyone to eat when in my car. If at all any eating needs to be done out of hunger or other emergency then I pull over. And am very careful not to allow food debris to fall inside the car. If there are any food packets they are properly bagged, sealed and binned at the very first opportunity.

I don’t abide with consuming food and drink (other than water) inside my cars when on the move.

And I will not wish to take ideally more than one other person in any of my cars - basically all are ideally handled as two seaters. But in the Thar, I can manage 3 persons when required - driver plus 2 passengers.

I dislike overloading the vehicle.

Then, I absolutely will NOT allow these valets and other such characters to ever drive my vehicles. Not even the garage mechanics unless I am present personally and only if I trust the said mechanic.

Basically as far as my cars are concerned I can be said to be suffering from a rabid form of OCD.
But then, hey, I don’t care. They are MY cars. Bought and paid for with MY money. Loved and cared for and gently maintained with MY elbow grease and effort and time.

So I really couldn’t be bothered about what anyone else thinks! I act and do stuff to please myself and myself alone, in the matter of any of my cars.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 6th April 2023 at 05:46.
shankar.balan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 10:29   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Then, I absolutely will NOT allow these valets and other such characters to ever drive my vehicles. Not even the garage mechanics unless I am present personally and only if I trust the said mechanic.

Basically as far as my cars are concerned I can be said to be suffering from a rabid form of OCD.
But then, hey, I don’t care. They are MY cars. Bought and paid for with MY money. Loved and cared for and gently maintained with MY elbow grease and effort and time.

So I really couldn’t be bothered about what anyone else thinks! I act and do stuff to please myself and myself alone, in the matter of any of my cars.
I have this kind of disorder too and sometime people think of me like I am arrogant or what his deal with his car as it is just a car. I loathe the coming days as summer vacations set in and cranky children will be playing in the society and they have this crappy habbit of sticking their rears on the side of the car and stand/watch ongoing tournaments etc. Burns me up inside but for the sake of being part of society I grin and bear. I wonder how you deal with such things.

Mods sorry for going off-topic.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 11:30   #94
BHPian

Came across ads of Curatedforcars car perfumes on Instagram. Ordered their Pebble product with Tobacco Vanilla scent 10 ml bottle. Got it delivered via bluedart in 4 days. They can improve on delivery timelines for sure. The pack also comes with a complimentary second block scent which will last for max 30 days (I got coffee). The entire pack costs INR 3500 after a 10 percent discount. The pebble looks very classy, upmarket & is very durable. One has to swivel the top to increase or decrease the scent. The 10 ml bottle should easily last for 6 months. The Tobacco Vanilla scent is fantastic. It's mild but at the same time very refreshing. The 10 ml refills will cost anywhere between 500 - 900 depending on the scent. I think I am going to stick with this brand for a long time.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Air Fresheners that BHPians recommend-img_20230406_110537.jpg  

Car Air Fresheners that BHPians recommend-img_20230406_110459.jpg  

Car Air Fresheners that BHPians recommend-img_20230406_110107.jpg  

Torque123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 14:47   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_roy View Post
How long does it actually last? The product description says more than a year; however, some of the reviews says that it is much less.

Does it lose strength gradually and needs to be re-activated by putting it in the sunlight for some time?
I have used more than a year. Yes, over the period I feel the strength is gradually reducing, 4-5 times tried to re-activated by putting it in sunlight.

Last month I bought another one.
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 15:52   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilgrim1424 View Post
Does anyone know the new car smell that a typical skoda carries?

...owned a Rapid, from the first lot in 2012, for more than 7 years. It had a distinctive fragrance that kind of remained even the day I sold the car!
Your favorite movie is the German psycho thriller Perfume, right?

Don't know any car fragrances but an American personal perfume named New Car by Demeter has a distinctive new car smell.
https://demeterfragrance.com/new-car.html

Don't know it is available in India, but other Demeter products are available online.
Old 6th April 2023, 17:37   #97
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I Burns me up inside but for the sake of being part of society I grin and bear. I wonder how you deal with such things.

Mods sorry for going off-topic.
By the Grace of God I don't presently live in a ‘Society’ and haven’t for many years.
But I definitely empathise with you.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 21:10   #98
PSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedme View Post
Over many years of using Deoderants, Anti Tobacco, Ambipur, Areon (Wish) and sometimes a wiff of XS by Pacco Rabbane. I have zeroed in on camfor put in a perforatted cotton cloth bag ( 4 to 6 small pieces) has a profound impact.
I did the same thing. Used AmbiPure for many years , finally read about ill-effects of chemicals and switched to Camphor. I use CamPure Camphor Cones for last 3 years. It feels very fresh every time I get in, 1 cone lasts for a month.
Old 6th December 2023, 12:31   #99
BHPian

I was really tired of trying all the chemicals available in the market in the name of air fresheners. I decided to try something on my own. I got a pack of activated charcoal from an aquarium. Costs Rs. 50 for 500 gms. I put them in a jute bag and placed it inside my car. Took quite a few days to work. But now it has removed all the unpleasant odor in my car. It doesn't add any fragrance but neutralizes all the bad odor. Once every 2 months I recharge it by placing the charcoal under the sun. Rs. 50 for a year with no chemicals seems a worthy alternative to me.
jna4cob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 12:55   #100
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

After I bought the Harrier a few months ago, a friend gave me a camphor pouch air freshener called Karpure (from the makers of Cycle agarbathis), I liked it and now use it regularly. The fragrance isn’t overpowering, but everyone may not like the smell of camphor.

Link

Also available on Amazon.

***I have NO affiliation with the makers of this product or any commercial interest in this

Last edited by NPV : 3rd February 2024 at 12:59.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 13:35   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
After I bought the Harrier a few months ago, a friend gave me a camphor pouch air freshener called Karpure (from the makers of Cycle agarbathis), I liked it and now use it regularly. The fragrance isn’t overpowering, but everyone may not like the smell of camphor.

Link

Also available on Amazon.

***I have NO affiliation with the makers of this product or any commercial interest in this

Carpure seems to be popular these days. I get that smell from many a cars on the road. First I experienced it on my friend’s ride in July. Then got one for dad’s car and he liked it. Then got it for myself and I am happy as well.
Old 10th February 2024, 23:33   #102
BHPian

Purchased Mann Car Air Purifier for my car from Amazon. Product has excellent build quality. German made. Very premium looks. Must try in a world of chemical car air fresheners. Has activated carbon which removes bad odor and the filter lasts up to a year.
Old 11th February 2024, 00:50   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

Carpure seems to be popular these days. I get that smell from many a cars on the road. First I experienced it on my friend’s ride in July. Then got one for dad’s car and he liked it. Then got it for myself and I am happy as well.
It has pure camphor which is a flammable material. Isn't it risky to keep in vehicles?
Old 11th February 2024, 04:00   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
It has pure camphor which is a flammable material. Isn't it risky to keep in vehicles?
With an auto-ignition temperature of 466 degrees Celsius, I don’t think it is any more dangerous than other materials in the vehicles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks