Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 10:23   #136
BHPian

Congrats on the accomplished mission, the seats look really nice
Old 19th February 2010, 10:36   #137
Senior - BHPian

Looks neat with no wrinkles. Will visit this guy this weekend & post you the updates. Thanks.
Old 19th February 2010, 10:38   #138
BHPian

Thanks Ganesh and Sathish.

OT - @Sathish - Is your number still the same? The one that ends with 24.
Old 12th March 2010, 00:44   #139

@ all - Thanks a ton load for the information about seats and the various types available.

I am trying to get something done for my Bolero and this is what I gather from the thread. ( Please suggest/ advise as necessary)

1. Im from chennai - so leather, art leather is quite a no no, as the weather in chennai is not going to make me enjoy the drive all together.

So the other option leads me towards Fabric/ Perforated fabric ?

The places to get it done :-
1. Stanleys - Too expensive
2. Haiton - Does only art leather and leather

and so option no 3 :-

3. Jeewajee - Anna Nagar ( who apparently uses autoform)

Phone number of Jeewajee is : 044-4265-1156 and Im to connect to someone called Mohammed and the job itself takes about 4 odd hours.

the question i have is : Do i go for Fabric? Or Part leather/ Part PU ? or any other suggestion ?

will greatly appreciate to hear back. Thanks

D
Old 15th March 2010, 13:53   #140

Well, took the plunge and spoke to Mr. Mohammad at Jeewaajee - Annanagar. Mentioning my reference point to team-bhp changed his tone of voice.

On sat - picked up the autoform seat covers for the bolero . These are not the skin fit ones, but the slip on types. Worked out to 5.5 k including all the labour ( not much involved) . Looks pretty decent, feels alright - overall, pretty satisfied.

Again, thanks to all for pointing in the right direction.

Cheers all
D
Old 15th March 2010, 14:35   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang312 View Post
Well, took the plunge and spoke to Mr. Mohammad at Jeewaajee - Annanagar. Mentioning my reference point to team-bhp changed his tone of voice.

On sat - picked up the autoform seat covers for the bolero . These are not the skin fit ones, but the slip on types. Worked out to 5.5 k including all the labour ( not much involved) . Looks pretty decent, feels alright - overall, pretty satisfied.

Again, thanks to all for pointing in the right direction.

Cheers all
D
Mustang, Can you please post some pics. My friend is planning to get autoform for this bolero so this might help him.
Old 15th March 2010, 14:51   #142
Senior - BHPian

What is this autoform material? Is this different from regular seat covers? Does this give a ART leather finish? Yes, pls post some pics, it will help. Thanks.

@Mission - Looks like Jeewajee has a shop setup in GP road too; I got one of their manager's reference & got to speak over the phone; I was supposed to visit them last weekend, which I promptly couldn't ; I'll talk to them in the forth coming days, get to know about the material quality, factory & provide you more updates.
Old 16th March 2010, 16:50   #143
BHPian

@M_S: what was the total cost involved. Nice covers and very well done. Hope it does not sweat at the back?

@Aargee: I hope you mean the woods road, it has been there for a long time, they have just shifted shop recently.
There is a brand called 'Dolphin' which looks super cool. My brother has put them in his car and says it sweats a lot at the back. He's in banglore btw.
Old 16th March 2010, 17:00   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
@M_S: what was the total cost involved. Nice covers and very well done. Hope it does not sweat at the back?
The total cost was 12K. It does sweat a little at the back but not too much to bother me. I am planning to have a bead layer at the back sometime soon.
Old 16th March 2010, 18:57   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
@Aargee: I hope you mean the woods road, it has been there for a long time, they have just shifted shop recently.
There is a brand called 'Dolphin' which looks super cool. My brother has put them in his car and says it sweats a lot at the back. He's in banglore btw.
Oh!!! Is it? Actually a reference helped me speaking to them over the phone. Anyway, before I visit them, I'll get the address double checked. What's cool with Dolphin? I mean, the material quality or the variety of colors? Do Jeewajee stock up this Dolphin brand or is it available in Bangalore?

Thanks for the tip on sweat, I'll keep that in mind
Old 16th March 2010, 20:59   #146
Senior - BHPian

How's the perforated leather in our conditions, guys?
Old 16th March 2010, 21:51   #147
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have asked the same question in yet another thread but have not had a response.

Has anyone tried fixing art leather seats over the genuine OE leather seats that come with the vehicle? Any suggestions/feedback ??
Old 17th March 2010, 06:46   #148
Senior - BHPian

Im looking for new seat covers for my swift.
I want something for 3.5k .
First do you get anything at all for that price ?
Then I dont want it to sweat at the back .

And one doubt. Im installing an amplifier at the back panel of my back seat, will that hinder the fitting of a seat cover .
Old 17th March 2010, 08:09   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Guys, I have asked the same question in yet another thread but have not had a response.

Has anyone tried fixing art leather seats over the genuine OE leather seats that come with the vehicle? Any suggestions/feedback ??
Gosh!!! why would someone want to fit ART leather over genuine leather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Im looking for new seat covers for my swift.
I want something for 3.5k .
First do you get anything at all for that price ?
Go to Carnation, they've some real price ranges; last time (about a month back) I remember the prices for seat covers were ranging from Rs 2000 to Rs 5500

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Then I dont want it to sweat at the back .
From what I've heard, even the ART ones tend to sweat in the back; you can overcome them using beads.

Last edited by aargee : 17th March 2010 at 08:12.
Old 17th March 2010, 09:23   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Gosh!!! why would someone want to fit ART leather over genuine leather?

Go to Carnation, they've some real price ranges; last time (about a month back) I remember the prices for seat covers were ranging from Rs 2000 to Rs 5500

From what I've heard, even the ART ones tend to sweat in the back; you can overcome them using beads.
Thanks a lot. My friend has a art leather seat in his city new type and it costed his 4500. This doesn't sweat at all , only thing is its above my budget of 3500.
Can you please tell me where carnation is ? and the number if possible ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks