Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2007, 23:03   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
cartik-art leather is just good to look at, it heats up very badly and you tend to sweat a lot too. so i would suggest go for genuine leather.if not leather go in for fabric.
bottle-16v100bhp's offer is a good one,cause the amount you plan to spend on seat covers is 15000 k, if you could get racing seats for lesser than that, would be a better buy.
Thanks, any idea where in Chennai / blr I could find some good fabric covers..not ready to try leather as yet..

checked a few shops at GP Road, but most of their stuff looked quite cheezy..tried checking with Hyundai if they can supply me a second pair of stock seat covers (the ones that cover the foam), but I guess they dont do that :( Coundnt find any to beat them..
Old 19th July 2007, 23:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

there were a few fabric shops next to woodlands theatre on the way to gp road , did you have a look there ?
Old 15th October 2007, 10:53   #33

Can I get stanley - Chennai contact numbers or address or any Website add?
Old 15th October 2007, 17:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

:: Welcome to Stanley Boutique ::
you can get dealer address and other info there. but since you are in bangalore i suggest you get it there since it will be cheaper there (head office)
Old 26th August 2008, 16:13   #35
BHPian

Reviving an old thread, I am looking to put art leather seat covers for my Fiesta as i'm fed up with the existing fabric covers. They get dirtier with every touch and is a pain to maintain.

I dont want to go to GP road and fix in some random shop as they might mess things up. I'm looking for custom tight-fit covers for seats only and looking at a budget of around 5-6K.

Can anyone recommend some good shops in Chennai where I can get a good range of colours/combos to choose from and most importantly get some neat work done?

Stanley is out of question as I feel it's too expensive for me.
Old 26th August 2008, 17:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

Jeewajee & Sons in Anna Nagar. rr_zen had his done for 6k (i think) for his esteem. try PMing him for more details.
Old 26th August 2008, 20:21   #37
BHPian

Praveen, dont art leather seats make you sweat ? I had similar ones in my Esteem and used to have a tough time all the time.
Old 26th August 2008, 23:01   #38
BHPian

A big 'NO' to Art Leather in Chennai. Go with Fabric.

I have Original leather in body touching area & art leather in non-touching area. Enenthough it sweats like HELL!!!(Even after 2 A/C always ON).
Old 26th August 2008, 23:18   #39
BHPian

i got mine(autokame) art leather seat covers from the 2nd(nxt to bank) jeewajree in GP road for abt 5500 a year back .altough it looks good but very difficult to maintain especially during summer...
Old 28th August 2008, 12:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Praveen, dont art leather seats make you sweat ? I had similar ones in my Esteem and used to have a tough time all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
A big 'NO' to Art Leather in Chennai. Go with Fabric.

I have Original leather in body touching area & art leather in non-touching area. Enenthough it sweats like HELL!!!(Even after 2 A/C always ON).
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasw_anth View Post
i got mine(autokame) art leather seat covers from the 2nd(nxt to bank) jeewajree in GP road for abt 5500 a year back .altough it looks good but very difficult to maintain especially during summer...
OMG!!! Are art leather seats that bad?? I have travelled in my friends Fiesta(top end sxi) and it had factory fitted leather seats. I'm not sure if it's art or original leather, but i'm guessing it's art leather and it felt qutie comfortable.

I wanted to switch to art leather mainly because my current fabric seats are very difficult to maintain, and it's in beige colour . Pure leather or pure/art leather combos are way over my budget.
Old 28th August 2008, 12:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Go ahead with art leather, it is not that bad at all. In fact I am planning to switch back to AL. The fabric gets dirty very soon.
Old 28th August 2008, 12:57   #42
BHPian

Go for a perforated AL. I think G Sport has that, it has minute holes which helps in cutting the heat and you don't sweat. Slightly expensive than the normal AL. I think Adamjee near Royapetah clock tower has that.

I am planing get one of them too for my Swift.
Old 29th August 2008, 00:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi All

I have been driving a swift VDI for about 4 months now and off late im having terrible back pain (lower back) when i drive for more than an hour or so in the car. I tried various permutations and combinations of the seating posture and even tried some lower back support cushions available readymade, but none of these solved my problem. I was driving an ford ikon before and never have i had this problem before and i find it very irritating. Someone suggested me, adding extra cushion inside the seat would help, however i want to consult with you people before doing something about this. Im staying in chennai and any help or direction that you can offer me in this regards would be highly appreciated. Thanks for you assistance in advance.

Regards
Bala
Old 29th August 2008, 08:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Jeewajee & Sons in Anna Nagar. rr_zen had his done for 6k (i think) for his esteem. try PMing him for more details.
I paid 7K (inclusive of fitment charges) for the art leather seats at Jeewajee & Sons. The material was from AUTOFORM and is supposed to be a good one. I have been happy the way the job was carried out on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Go ahead with art leather, it is not that bad at all. In fact I am planning to switch back to AL. The fabric gets dirty very soon.
Very true. I was running my car with the fabric seats for less than a month and was shocked at the accumulation of dirt on them (despite running with AC on, all the time).
Old 29th August 2008, 11:27   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
im having terrible back pain (lower back) when i drive for more than an hour or so in the car. I tried various permutations and combinations of the seating posture and even tried some lower back support cushions available readymade, but none of these solved my problem.
The Ford Ikon has a superb drivers seat, it literally hugs you. The Swift's front seats are nowhere as supportive. Since your problem is severe:

1. You could get a custom seat fabrication done. Any upholstery shop should be able to set this up for you. Just ensure that they have the experience to design the right support. Note : I am not talking about seat covers but re-doing up your entire front seat (foam, padding et all).

2. Change the front seats altogether. Several after-market options available.

Option no.1 will be cheaper and serve the purpose, as long you find the right seat guy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks