Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2009, 12:13   #121

Hi, I am planning to go for Stanley art leather for my Safari EX interiors, any idea how much it will cost me?

Thanks!
Old 25th December 2009, 21:59   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

I thought Stanley did real leather, not artificial.
Old 16th February 2010, 22:19   #123
BHPian

I am planning to put Red/ Beige combination for my i10 blushing Red.

I normally get my seat covers done by a local guy at GP road who does the stitching and fitment. His fit and finish is quite excellent. This time he was quoting 7k for a good material + Rs 500 for fitment and blamed it on inflation Even my NHC seat covers costed only Rs 3800 in 2007 and now they are asking 7k for a smaller car.

Any idea on the brand 'Dolphin Seats', i saw a sample at Jeewajee's and it was awesome. He was quoting at Rs 8000 for my i10 and RS 800 for tight fitment. I feel the price to be on the high side but the quality and finish was very good.
Old 18th February 2010, 14:05   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I thought Stanley did real leather, not artificial.
They do both, have seen few cars done by Stanley in this forum itself. But cost involved is very high compared to others.
Old 18th February 2010, 14:31   #125
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking for a modification to increase the seating comfort in my WagonR; Though not sure, I'm assuming that this work involves in changing the stock foam. Request someone to help me with some ideas or recommend a place where this work can be carried out.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:39   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I'm looking for a modification to increase the seating comfort in my WagonR; Though not sure, I'm assuming that this work involves in changing the stock foam. Request someone to help me with some ideas or recommend a place where this work can be carried out.
Why do you intend to change it. Is it for more comfort or physical ailment. The reason would help them recommend better.
Old 18th February 2010, 18:17   #127
Senior - BHPian

No, not for ailment. But somehow, I feel the stock WagonR (BS3 2004 model the original ones with roof rails & clear lamps) seats are little puny & not so cushioning. I would like to have something like a slight (very slightly) U shapped seater; may be like a Swifts seat will be fine. Hope you got the point.
Old 18th February 2010, 18:49   #128
BHPian

Quote:
No, not for ailment. But somehow, I feel the stock WagonR (BS3 2004 model the original ones with roof rails & clear lamps) seats are little puny & not so cushioning. I would like to have something like a slight (very slightly) U shapped seater; may be like a Swifts seat will be fine. Hope you got the point.
Stock seat are always on the hard side be it Wagon-R or Swift.
Personally I prefer just a cover to prevent the "stock" seats from getting dirty. You can always change the cover .

Too much cushioning in a car is not really my cup of tea.

Anyway for each his own brand of poison.
Again shaping the seats are "not" a good option if you know what I mean.

EDIT : Any of you guys know a good shop to get seat covers for Dezire ?
I'm not looking for off the shelf covers (those things sag and does't give a snug fit), preferably made by the shop and gives a "proper" fit. Shops like that are there in KL-07 and don't cost a bomb (read 2500-4000 depending on cloth/pattern), but taking the TN-07 to KL-07 just for the covers is stupid.

So help anyone... please.

Last edited by yzfrj : 18th February 2010 at 18:53.
Old 18th February 2010, 20:20   #129
Senior - BHPian

Art leather on top of leather

Guys, need your help/suggestions on the following:

I am buying a car which comes with factory fitted leather seats. I am worried about the damages that could be caused to the seats owing to regular usage. I was wondering if I can go in for art leather on top of the original leather seats to mitigate this problem. Has anyone done this in the past and are there valid reasons for me to stay away from attempting this? Thanks a bunch.
Old 18th February 2010, 21:02   #130
Senior - BHPian

Ok, I'll go with both you guys advices & promptly buy a seat cover for the fabric seats that are already dirty

Regarding seat covers, carnation was providing some better pricing compared to Radio Shack in Anna Nagar; I mean, the pricing as you mentioned yzfrj. Do you have any specific place to recommend me where we can get to see different varities & not the usual stuffs pls?
Old 18th February 2010, 21:05   #131
BHPian

You can try Haiton . I got my scorp seat covers done by them last week. Haiton is on the first left after you enter the Thirumangalam-Mogappair road (opposite to welcome colony ). I will try and post some pics this weekend.
Old 18th February 2010, 21:10   #132
Senior - BHPian

I'm aware of this area, could you pls provide some more location help? That will be sufficient; pic of scorp - yes it will help, but don't take pains of location pics. Thanks
Old 18th February 2010, 21:27   #133
BHPian

Quote:
I'm aware of this area, could you pls provide some more location help? That will be sufficient; pic of scorp - yes it will help, but don't take pains of location pics. Thanks
This road is called Thiruvalleeswarar nagar. When you come from Thirumangalam to Mogappair , there are two speed breakers which were newly laid. This road is on your immediate left just after the first speed breaker. PM me your number if you want to talk about this.
Old 19th February 2010, 00:16   #134
BHPian

[quote=yzfrj;1739955]

EDIT : Any of you guys know a good shop to get seat covers for Dezire ?
I'm not looking for off the shelf covers (those things sag and does't give a snug fit), preferably made by the shop and gives a "proper" fit. [\quote]

I get my seat covers stitched from a guy in woods road, he does a neat job. For a base quality he charges around 4-5k and around 7k for a good quality.

i am also considering the dolphin seat covers that looks very good.

I will finalize this weekend and will go to the local guy in all probability. PM if you need his numbers.
Old 19th February 2010, 10:12   #135
BHPian

Pics of Haiton seats in my scorpio.
Attached Thumbnails
Leather, Art Leather Seats & Car Upholstery in Chennai-dscn3689.jpg  

Leather, Art Leather Seats & Car Upholstery in Chennai-dscn3690.jpg  

Leather, Art Leather Seats & Car Upholstery in Chennai-dscn3691.jpg  

Leather, Art Leather Seats & Car Upholstery in Chennai-dscn3692.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks