Team-BHP - Mods for my Baleno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Mods for my Baleno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/22792-mods-my-baleno-3.html)

Quote:

3) Hella Model 550 Fog Light (Does this fit Baleno? is it available in Bangalore?)
@Sam
Why don't you go in for Hella Micro FF Fog Lamp Kit instead of 550, 550's are pretty big,

550 Specs
Width 7.69"
Height 3.75"
Depth 3.25"

Micro FF Specs
Width 4.68"
Height 3.44"
Depth 2.50"

I think 7.69" is little wide for Baleno...

Please visit Hella Micro FF Driving Lamp and Fog Lamp for more details.
Regards,
../Mega

i agree with mega5918 regarding fog lamps, hella micro is the best for baleno,pls check my gallery i have it in my baleno.

regarding the ff why dont you fabricate something like this:
linky: QTP - QTEC Electric Cutout

Quote:

Originally Posted by mega5918 (Post 405708)
550 Specs
Width 7.69"
Height 3.75"
Depth 3.25"

Micro FF Specs
Width 4.68"
Height 3.44"
Depth 2.50"

I think 7.69" is little wide for Baleno...

You are right, thanks mega.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desigNation (Post 405763)
i agree with mega5918 regarding fog lamps, hella micro is the best for baleno,pls check my gallery i have it in my baleno.

Looks good, how much did you pay for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawan (Post 405818)

Look cool man, but has anyone used it here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mega5918 (Post 405708)
Why don't you go in for Hella Micro FF Fog Lamp Kit instead of 550, 550's are pretty big,

Quote:

Originally Posted by desigNation (Post 405763)
i agree with mega5918 regarding fog lamps, hella micro is the best for baleno

@mega, @desig,
Could you give the phone number of the dealer you got the Hella's from ?
Or better still ask them how much they'll charge to ship a kit to Kolkata ?

@Samurai, apologies for hijacking your thread somewhat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawan (Post 405818)

Looks terrific pawan. But how much will it cost to import it here & do you think that it will be worth it, without any support ?

This seems to be an excellant product. I am exactly looking at this kind of a product. We can decide when our car needs to be noticed. But who is competent to install and maintain this in India is the question.

I am going to call this company today. Will keep you posted.

samurai-i paid 3000/- for a pair from a shop in j.c road, b'lore.
shuvc-dont know about kolkatta, i got if from b'lore.dont think he is a dealer for hella.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desigNation (Post 407089)
samurai-i paid 3000/- for a pair from a shop in j.c road, b'lore.
shuvc-dont know about kolkatta, i got if from b'lore.dont think he is a dealer for hella.

I was wondering if I could call that shop and they courier me the kit.

shuvc-actually i forgot the name of the shop,but i will try to get it,mean while call up hot tracks and see if you can get it from there,the number is 080-22290875.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 407028)
This seems to be an excellant product. I am exactly looking at this kind of a product. We can decide when our car needs to be noticed. But who is competent to install and maintain this in India is the question.

I am going to call this company today. Will keep you posted.

hey dude keep me informed about what the company has to say.

one more thing though...when its off and the exhaust gases are coming out from the normal exhaust through the muffler is there and drop in performance or will it be the same as the other ?

The cheapest alternative that can be tried is a hose tap ball valve. Sorry for acting cheap but I would like to know if this will work efficiently or not?

will require a BIG one though!! lol

see as far as i could figure out there is lot of calculation also going in, the length at which the valve is kept, pressure at which it opens being some of them.

if one is looking at playing around with this idea yes anythin works, all might have seen snorkeler exhaust with a cap on top, why cant one preload the cap so that it opens up after certain pressure/rpm so possibilities for experiment are immense, replicating a product is a tough one

so what have you decided samurai sir.. and i saw the fog lights at hotracks

Samurai, You could also consider a tri-phase if your adventurous. Plus it can be removed or switched off whenever you like.