Team-BHP - Mods for my Baleno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Mods for my Baleno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/22792-mods-my-baleno.html)

My Baleno is about to complete 2 years this month. Initially I had some ideas about switching to a off-roader this year, but that may not happen now. This is mainly because my second kid is too young (4 months old) for any off-roading adventures. We will still need a smooth cruiser for couple more years.

Now that I am going to keep the Balneo 2-3 years more, I want to make some mods, nothing visual, more in the functionality department. Unlike most of you I can't go to the local accessory shop, I live in Timbuktu. Therefore I am planning a drive to Bangalore in a month, and I want to get some mods done in that trip.

These are some of the things I have thought about.

1) Switch to Synthetic Mobil 1 Engine Oil
2) K&N Universal or Extreme Air Filter
3) Hella Model 550 Fog Light (Does this fit Baleno? is it available in Bangalore?)
4) Annual Teflon coating, or should I go 3M way.
5) Only ICE mod I need is satellite radio, if available for cars. There is no FM available here. :Frustrati

Please let me know what else I can consider without major risk. I am not considering free-flow exhaust, etc., since there is no local support. To see what my car already has, visit my BHP garage link under my avatar.

1) Switch to Synthetic Mobil 1 Engine Oil - go for it - available and good if you can do a flushing before, either a simple job with flushing oil or use some products-No risk

2) K&N Universal or Extreme Air Filter - i have a very personal choice in this and that is to stick to replacement filter-Minimal Risk

3) Hella Model 550 Fog Light (Does this fit Baleno? is it available in Bangalore?) - yup available-No risk- Another idea is just plonk 95/100 (if you are not running them) works wonders

4) Annual Teflon coating, or should I go 3M way.- again prefer good ol polishing to coatings, and definitely 3 M

5) Only ICE mod I need is satellite radio, if available for cars. There is no FM available here. :Frustrati - no idea

Samurai I can help you out with 4.

Dont go for teflon coating. Take 3M car detailing package for cars more than 2yrs. It's much better than any teflon coat. I've tried both and Teflon coat is of no use. the results after the 3M treatment were far better than the Teflon coat.

Why do free-flows need local support?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 404205)
Why do free-flows need local support?!

What if I need some adjustment a week after I install? According my understanding free-flow is not an install and forget fixture. It needs some tweaking before it fits my needs for low, mids and highs. I'll be in Bangalore only for couple of days.

@ samurai - the oem rear spoiler will definitely add spice to the looks department IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 404161)
3) Hella Model 550 Fog Light (Does this fit Baleno? is it available in Bangalore?)
5) Only ICE mod I need is satellite radio, if available for cars. There is no FM available here.

hmmm. No 4 , even I am interested. Please let me know the model details/price , if and when you fit it.

No.5 - I had enquired about this with the Worldspace guys. No luck. Satellite radio antennae needs to point at a particular direction for reception. Not possible in cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 404183)
2) K&N Universal or Extreme Air Filter - i have a very personal choice in this and that is to stick to replacement filter-Minimal Risk

Have that from day one, but I also have Universal K&N on my Santro since a year now. Baleno is getting jealous me thinks.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 404183)
3) Hella Model 550 Fog Light (Does this fit Baleno? is it available in Bangalore?) - yup available-No risk- Another idea is just plonk 95/100 (if you are not running them) works wonders

Have 90/100 since day one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet_rocker (Post 404226)
@ samurai - the oem rear spoiler will definitely add spice to the looks department IMO.

The OEM one? Not sure I need a spolier to enhance the look, still thinking about this one.

What about underbody guard to protect the oil filter and and fuel sump. The roads here in monsoon are really bad. Is that something available?

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai
What if I need some adjustment a week after I install? According my understanding free-flow is not an install and forget fixture. It needs some tweaking before it fits my needs for low, mids and highs.

Thats only for the sound. Performance is fixed once the headers is done.
I'd suggest 4x2x1 which is good for small-engined cars.Dont get the race spec 4x1 header where the torque peaks only at high rpms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 404274)
I'd suggest 4x2x1 which is good for small-engined cars.Dont get the race spec 4x1 header where the torque peaks only at high rpms.

But is it riskfree? I don't care about sound, I want a quite car. I heard people having problem after installing free-flow, didn't Khaadu have some issues?

Samurai , any header is made based on whether you want low end , midrange or high end power .. No amount of tweaking is required once you install it .. Infact i might have an amazing package for you .. Not only will it help your car feel a lot better it will also bring a smile to your face everytime you open her when you are alone .. I have a worked head (for mid range) and headers (for mid range again as baleno has good low end torque)for sale in exchange for the stock parts for a sweet price .. If you are interested pls PM me .. This is one offer you should not miss out on ..
All the stuff are 100% reliable and neither memo or me have faced any problems till date .. Its about time we get to see one of the older fraternity having a modded baleno too following ajmat's new enthu .. Lol ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 404303)
All the stuff are 100% reliable and neither memo or me have faced any problems till date .. Its about time we get to see one of the older fraternity having a modded baleno too following ajmat's new enthu .. Lol ..

But is it really install and forget? You do realise I can't visit Psycho's garage on a weekly basis. If I have any issues I can't take it to local Maruti center either.

Samurai, since you have a young kid I would not recommend going for free-flow or anything that will make sound or even low profile tyres as they will degrade ride quality.

Adya, I am not switching tyres, happy with what I have. Even if I go for free-flow [big if], it will be for a quiet one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 404234)
The OEM one? Not sure I need a spolier to enhance the look, still thinking about this one.

I have seen the OE spoilers & they do minimize the rear's bad looks, really. But I am not sure you can lay your hands on one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 404274)

Is it possible to fit headers & free flow & still be without the noise that i heard in n_aditya's car ? (I love the sound, but i dont want to attract attention)