Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2013, 18:17   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: OHC1.3 2001 redux

The car's still around!! The resale value is too little to sell it, and it runs just fine and costs little to maintain.

The check engine light came on - after 12 long years - and it might need an MAF sensor replacement. I also need to chnge tyres in another 3-5k - probably Maxxis this time around after the great run with them on Dad's Indigo.

Also thinking of a paint job to spruce things up a bit. If I can, planning to keep this car for another 10 years
Old 20th March 2016, 09:59   #152
Senior - BHPian

This one stayed all of 15 years! And still drives great at 91k on the odo - am not selling!

Need help on a few things.

- Probably need to get the beading replaced/doors realigned to reduce road/wind noise
- The windscreen seems to have numerous scratches. Should I replace, or are other solutions possible?
- The HU is seriously old (CD/tuner only). The JBL amp and Polk speakers are still doing good, though they likely need to be re-setup. What options does one have ?
- Will need to change tyres. It doesn't do highway runs more than once a year, but then it does get pushed.
- The cabin light is seriously dim
- Want to go for better sound insulation. Options?

I checked on getting a paint job done - the guy quoted 45k!! For a car with a resale of under 1.5L, looking to spend lesser. What options does one have?

The rear windscreen defogger stopped working a while ago. Is this fixable?

Are aftermarket turbos possible? Just checking

Thanks in advance! I never imagined I'd keep this for 15 years, but it refuses to go away!
zenx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 11:24   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post

- The windscreen seems to have numerous scratches. Should I replace, or are other solutions possible?
Try getting it buffed in some garage.
Quote:
- The cabin light is seriously dim
Clean the glass, replace the bulb. If you want, put some fancy LEDs
Quote:
- Want to go for better sound insulation. Options?
http://www.musicdirect.com/p-205-aud...-sheet-ea.aspx
You'll certainly get something similar in India.
Also, try a thick layer of 3M underbody protection.
Quote:
The rear windscreen defogger stopped working a while ago. Is this fixable?
Should be. Try avoiding Honda ASS as they'll replace the whole unit even if it's a small fix
Quote:
Are aftermarket turbos possible? Just checking
Should be possible. Search in TBHP about tuners in Bangalore.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 20:34   #154
Senior - BHPian

New tyres done. Got S-Drives 185/60 R 14s. New wipers - the windscreen seems more tolerable already

The bumpers are not well fitting, with a few clips gone, and the hunt on for a tinkerer who iron out some minor dents and hush up the scratches.

Sound insulation is apparently 25k or so!

A new HU is 6k. All I need from the old one is an ability to connect an aux cable, really.
Old 27th March 2016, 16:53   #155
Senior - BHPian

Audio Help : possibly a dumb question.

The current HU is an old Pioneer P4950MP. Still going strong, except can't use the music on the phone on it. Was thinking about an upgrade when I realized that the display shows "AUX" as I cycle through the source options - which clearly implies there's an aux in somewhere though not in the front.

1. How much of a job is it to add a cable that can be connected to the phone as needed? Do regular accessory shops do this? What sort of a cable do I need?
2. Can this be exploited, with some sort of an adaptor, to bluetooth enable the setup? This is not a critical need, but would be good to have.

A new single DIN HU is about 6k, so if all this will add up to 2-3K, might as well upgrade.
Old 11th May 2017, 14:48   #156
BHPian

All,

I did a recent bangalore-calicut trip after i took the 1.5 OHC [02 Model] for the first long drive. Tank-to-tank i got 16 km/l with 80% AC and 2 passengers with moderate load. Maintained average speed of 80 kmph and less of braking is my usual style of driving.

Impressed with the torque of vehicle and the way it pulls from 2nd and 3rd gear after a stop.

Btw, on a different note i used to get 17-18 for my City ZX [Dolphin shape 08 Model]

Regards
Prsn

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks