Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:28   #1
BHPian

Increase Low end torque in Swift Petrol

Can any one post on how to improve low end torque in swift so that the number of gear changes inside city becomes less. I am hoping this will improve the fuel efficiency a little. Hope this will also help accelerate little faster on highways as well.
Old 3rd April 2007, 15:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

i guess this has been discussed before , anyways go for a conical filter with proper piping and a free flow exhaust (with Headers).
Old 3rd April 2007, 22:12   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyamsundar View Post
Can any one post on how to improve low end torque in swift so that the number of gear changes inside city becomes less. I am hoping this will improve the fuel efficiency a little. Hope this will also help accelerate little faster on highways as well.
try changing ur cams for low end torque, get corresponding headers for low end power and not a too much free flowing exhaust to mantain the exhaust velocity and back pressure..
and there would be no need to mod any ECU etc for these basic mods..
U are located in bangalore, there are so many experts out there who can help with getting this stuff

you will get low end and midrange for economy and accelaration but dont expect top end torque also...

Last edited by chetanhanda : 3rd April 2007 at 22:13.
Old 4th April 2007, 09:43   #4
BHPian

thanks for the inputs. Where in bangalore do i have to go to get these things done. Can u suggest me a good place and also reliable. BTW have you done the same on your car.
Old 4th April 2007, 11:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for the inputs. Where in bangalore do i have to go to get these things done. Can u suggest me a good place and also reliable. BTW have you done the same on your car.
no becoz I have exactly opposite requirements than urs, and planning to do perfectly opposite to what u require..
I dont do much of city driving as most of it is on freeeways in US.
I req power band for speeds 80 mph + ...
since I have a Vtec my engine makes decent power above 5200 RPM till 7000..so at lower speeds engine is not at all torquey..

Last edited by chetanhanda : 4th April 2007 at 11:41.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:30   #6
BHPian

Go to mysore

Quote:
As you are not far from mysore you can go and get these things done by somender sih who grooves the engine for extra power and there will be some increase in mileage also.

Most Viewed