Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2007, 13:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
All high end cars like Merc's etc., come with tinted glasses. Even the indigo has slight tint to the glasses.
So are all these cars being caught and their glasses broken.
Are they going to close down all Mercedes dealerships in Delhi?
tsk even small cars come with Tinted glasses. Atleast mine came with one. Although one cant really make out any difference, but they are "tinted".

Last edited by DCEite : 5th April 2007 at 14:00.
Old 5th April 2007, 13:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

If i have the permission from the Chandigarh mc then do i have to remove it to
Old 5th April 2007, 14:27   #33
BHPian

Dear all BHPians, you all must have seen perforated screens, they are available in rolling type & sticking type.

tell me your opinion can we use rolling type perforated screen as LOOPHOLE, it prevents sun, no one can see inside, occupant have decent outside visibilty, they come for all windows(except winshield), technicallyy they are not films(i hope legally not too).

when you spot cops just roll them down....

SHARE YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE.
Old 5th April 2007, 14:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When chandigarh HC passed this order even out of town cars were challaned. The judge of course had such dark tints that I doubt he could see outside.
Latest news in today's TOI is that all Senior Police Officers have been issued a circular making it a mandatory requirement for them to remove films from their cars. Also after doing the same they have to file a mandatory confirmation certificate with the department.

Maybe just maybe there might be the same rule for all people in India this time.
Old 5th April 2007, 14:33   #35
Team-BHP Support

Not necessarily. They might get papers made saying they have permission.
Importantly, whose going to enforce the rule for them?
Old 5th April 2007, 14:51   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

Maybe just maybe there might be the same rule for all people in India this time.
this time?
Well if you look at all the laws in India, you have same rules for everybody. It has always been so. The problem is enforcement is not same for everybody.
A Delhi Police cop will never challan another cop, its called professional courtesy
Old 5th April 2007, 15:14   #37
BHPian

Hello guys, what about using rolling type perforated screens as loophole.
it prevents sun, no one can see inside, occupant have decent visibilty, technically its not film(i hope legally too)

when you spot a cop just roll down the screen.

share your opinions
Old 5th April 2007, 15:16   #38
BHPian

But then we should look out, If you spot a goverment car here which is having Tints, Post a Picture or Send the details to transport department..!

As per the rule- Only certain Ranks of Goverment services have been allowed to keep Tinted Glasses, These would include Army Generals, Brigadiers, MP,MLA,CM, Ministers,PM etc.

Others will have to remove it, Once and for all..!

Be a responsible citizen and stop trying to cheat the law in your favour.

This is how we got here in the first place...! and as for the suggestion on the security threat permission- Will the permission come so easy, You need to specify in a Written FIR or Complaint letter to the SHO or Police Station, From Which person is the threat from, Or you need request for cover..! So talking from the Hat is not a good practice..!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 5th April 2007 at 15:21.
Old 5th April 2007, 15:34   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post

Be a responsible citizen and stop trying to cheat the law in your favour.
The Law says 70% and 50%. This is a democracy, and you have a right to your opinions, as long as they do not hurt others.
Tomorrow they will say stop practicing your faith, will you agree then?
Old 5th April 2007, 15:45   #40
BHPian

Which Law Tsk, The Law has been changed..!

Democracy does not mean putting the your beliefs or a sectional group in front, Democracy is when you involve yourself to become responsible towards choosing a larger good..!

Democracy is when you follow and abide by the laws designed by people chosen among you or by you.

Democracy is when you feel,motivated to bring about excellence in the society, You want to bring reform in the society by putting your thoughts ahead.

And this is a larger good If removing the Sun Film can deter crime..Then it is in the larger intrests..!
Old 5th April 2007, 15:53   #41
Team-BHP Support

Motor Vehicles act wolf. This rule is just for New Delhi.
What does HC mean
1. There is no crime due to black films in cities other than Delhi?
2. For the greater good? Lets ban cars, it will take care of all people dying from accidents.

Crimes were being done due to total black films, banning all films is not a solution.

Lot of other things can deter crime. Things which actually require some work.
Such sort of moves only increase revenue, not deter crime. This is the aim of the judgement, revenue generation, do you actually think they are worried about crime?

Anyways, no point in debating all this. I feel that this law is wrong, you feel it is for the greater good. So we agree to disagree, you can follow this law, while I search for loopholes
Old 5th April 2007, 16:00   #42
BHPian

@wolfinstein
Do u really think it would deter crime?
Do all rapes happen in cars?

If u look at data the conviction rate for crimes against women is less than 7%. Now what does tinted glasses have to do with. Courts should probably look at methods of increasing conviction rate than giving stupid orders like these.

Also would the court please answer that in case of Dhaulakuan rape incident in delhi do we know till date if the car had tinted glasses or not.

Also in case of Sirifort rape case of a diplomat the criminals have't been located yet. We don't know if the diplomat had tinted glasses but if she didn't would they have been caught yet.

Also recently the court allowed a man to go scot free when he agreed to marry the victim.

All this is court's farce to make delhi police earn more moolah.

Also let me tell you that in Delhi in its a child's play to get a permanent license. You just need to have a 1000 bucks. they won't even take your verbal or driving test and give you the permanent license. So if you have a 1000 bucks you are allowed to have a permanent license and kill somebody on the road but not have tinted glasses to avoid rapes. What Bull****.
Old 5th April 2007, 16:01   #43
BHPian

The Ammendment in the Law was opposed by the Goverment, So the HC which was acting on a PIL submitted on behalf of some nice lady of Panscheel ruled this as an addition.

The Fines if you remember are still there, but the new writ brings across the compounding charges, So total fines increase.

I have no issues with Solar films, But instead of the cooling factor, We have to accept there is more of misuse of it..!

Detering crime should be done by hiring more and more cops- Where do we find new recruits, Nobody wants to come on low salaries..!

So Pay your Tax honestly so the exchequer has more funds, But then make your MLA and MP accountable towards development of the consituency..Make sure She/He spends the funds on Development and Welfare and not in their personal pockets.

There had to be a start somewhere for making People of Delhi more respectful and level headed..! What not has happened in the past few years under the disguise of Sun Films.

I agree that Light tints should have been allowed, But then the follow through with the Lightspectometer is not possible as this is an expensive device.

People with Light or Dark tints still used to pay the bribe to the Cops,But with this rule, When All cars means All cars, I'm sure it will go a long way in ensuring an Honest challan system.
Old 5th April 2007, 16:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
this time?
A Delhi Police cop will never challan another cop, its called professional courtesy
Just like what Crocodiles extend to Lawyers, right!!!

And seriously I too think the Law is flawed. What is the problem with a guy who puts up a 70% visibility film to cut out some of the heat in his car's cabin during Delhi's summer months? Why don't they prosecute people who put up 0% visibility film on their cars including their windshields? (I see a few cars everyday)

You can't paint everyone with the same brush. It's just like the common misconception today that if you're a Muslim then you must be a terrorist or aidding them (no offence mean to anybody). Putting up a maximum visibility film to enhance my comfort doesn't mean that a person goes out every night raping/abducting people!!

Last edited by iraghava : 5th April 2007 at 16:22.
Old 5th April 2007, 16:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Fully agree with TSK. You cannot have reactive laws all the time. Reasons for crime against women are many. You can start right from sex education (lack of), vulgarity in movies to skimpy dresses.

So can we ban women from wearing skirts? Or force them to wear only salwars or sarees. A burkah could be ideal. Similar to the moral policing problems that happen.

What you need is a judicious mix of law and practicality. Ban fully tinted glasses, have more cops on the road especially in night times, educate women on how to avoid getting into trouble spots.

We already have a law which says 70% and 50%. Problem is enforcement. Just because enforcement is getting difficult, you cannot scrap a law. If that became the norm, most of the laws in this country has to be scrapped.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks