Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2007, 18:21   #46
BHPian

I never said it would stop crime against women, I said its a deterrent.

Most users put Sun Film ( Dark) kinds to do what not, I never said I'm opposing the law of having 70 % TINT available, All I'm saying is that If Dark Films are a medium used by the Unsocial elements among us, then its better to reform the entire lot by having laws like these.

Don't hold me as a spokesperson for the Anti-Tint stand, What I don't understand is that Sun films makes a marginal improvement in the cooling, I have been driving in the Blazing heat of Delhi right from 2001 and I don't feel that It helps any better if not less.

Well the stand made by the court is clear, Its their way or the Highway...! On your part if you think its wrong, then keep the film on...Pay your fine, Don't slip your way out..Take a Proper Challan Slip and then Contest the PIL in Court..!

For all those who feel that They don't have the time or patience, At least make an effort to change, Feel involved with the Country..! After all its us who choose the law makers anyway..!

Another Intresting Fact is that All throughout my Childhood in Dubai, There were hardly any cars there with Tints on them, Accept the Ones driven by Females, I won't say Dubai has grown hotter in Temperature in the last decade or so to affect the cooling potential of AC's.

Light Tints are there in All cars- My Indica has a light Tint of Green, Lancer has a light black..! Petition your car manufacturers to come with Higher cooling AC's with better reflective glasses.

About the cases, The Santro Caught in the Dhaula Kuan case had tints, I understand that it was committed late at night so No direct blame on tints, But the Diplomat case was a Tinted Qualis- It was mentioned by the Diplomat. She was raped in Broad Daylight at Sirifort parking..!

If its only the cooling that matters then put the money on Non Tinted Films from V-Kool, Purchase this Prices will come down..!

Specifications

International Window Film Association

Last edited by wolfinstein : 5th April 2007 at 18:33.
Old 5th April 2007, 19:07   #47
BHPian

This thread has heated up a lot... I guess it human nature to oppose any kind of change which makes our life less comfortable ,no matter if it is for the betterment of everyone...
Old 5th April 2007, 19:48   #48
LLL
BHPian

Guys,

most cops cannot make out the difference between a real and duplicate license...you really think they know the difference between tinted glasses and dark film
Old 5th April 2007, 20:29   #49
Team-BHP Support

its all crap.. rule is passed then not adhered, someone else points this in some other case, hc buts in and presto new orders, vip and stuff will retain the previlage by saying security.. its all crap.. no one can save this country

due respect to courts, how much do they think before making such orders, anyday would have been better to enforce 50% sun films or something

soon everyone will put curtains as in homes and drive around!!
Old 5th April 2007, 20:35   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Don't hold me as a spokesperson for the Anti-Tint stand, What I don't understand is that Sun films makes a marginal improvement in the cooling, I have been driving in the Blazing heat of Delhi right from 2001 and I don't feel that It helps any better if not less.

Another Intresting Fact is that All throughout my Childhood in Dubai, There were hardly any cars there with Tints on them, Accept the Ones driven by Females, I won't say Dubai has grown hotter in Temperature in the last decade or so to affect the cooling potential of AC's.

Specifications

International Window Film Association
have to disagree tints do make a difference, be it dubai or india, maybe overseas members can add to this, and Vkool and stuff in real life is till not AS effective as dark tint, not supporting the dark tint but rather the mediocore way.

wrt ac and tinted glass, in indian summer they go for a toss
Old 5th April 2007, 23:17   #51
BHPian

MANNN... my dads been after my life now to remove tints from my car, guess will have to get it done... otherwise meri gaadi dekh kar to pakka pakdengey!
Old 6th April 2007, 03:36   #52

Here's what you need to know....

OK folks, here we go....

This happened in Chandigarh in 1999 where the same judge - now in Delhi HC - passed similar orders. And Punjab, Haryana & Chandgarh (UT) started issuing permissions for Red Lights and Tinted Glasses / Window Film. But soon the HC ordered that even with the permissions the 50/70 rule must be adhered to. All the permissions were revoked and new ones were issued with the requirement of adherence to the 50/70 rule clearly mentioned on the permission sticker. So even with permission you could only use 50/70.

Now when the said judge he went to Delhi HC the Chandigarh Police and the States of Punjab and Haryana withdrew the said permissions saying that EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO 50/70 since it is mandated by the MVA passed by parliament. So the situation stands in Chandigarh.

Now the new twist to the story is that the judge in questioned has been transferred again as CJ of some other high court. So there is a chance that the Delhi Police will also cool off like their Chandigarh mates.

I for one am not removing my film as I don't have a Delhi number and am permitted to use tinted glasses in Chandigarh :-)

Hope this helps.
Old 6th April 2007, 12:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

If true then this is a wonderful news. Let us all pray to the Almighty that this Hon'ble judge is posted in the Andamans for the benefit of all of us....

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoelsebutme View Post
OK folks, here we go....

This happened in Chandigarh in 1999 where the same judge - now in Delhi HC - passed similar orders. And Punjab, Haryana & Chandgarh (UT) started issuing permissions for Red Lights and Tinted Glasses / Window Film. But soon the HC ordered that even with the permissions the 50/70 rule must be adhered to. All the permissions were revoked and new ones were issued with the requirement of adherence to the 50/70 rule clearly mentioned on the permission sticker. So even with permission you could only use 50/70.

Now when the said judge he went to Delhi HC the Chandigarh Police and the States of Punjab and Haryana withdrew the said permissions saying that EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO 50/70 since it is mandated by the MVA passed by parliament. So the situation stands in Chandigarh.

Now the new twist to the story is that the judge in questioned has been transferred again as CJ of some other high court. So there is a chance that the Delhi Police will also cool off like their Chandigarh mates.

I for one am not removing my film as I don't have a Delhi number and am permitted to use tinted glasses in Chandigarh :-)

Hope this helps.
Old 6th April 2007, 14:18   #54
BHPian

Fingers crossed.....
Old 7th April 2007, 01:36   #55
BHPian

Hi Friends.

I will WAIT n WATCH......

and i would agree that this topic has heated a lot....... better concentrate on TINTs and not lets get personel here.

Tnx N Rgds
P4C

Note from Mod - Please type in FULL words and not SMS language as per the rules.
Old 7th April 2007, 10:07   #56
BHPian

Could somebody tell me what is the fine/challan for using tints? I don't think Delhi cops accept credit cards(LOL!) so how much cash do I need to carry??
Old 7th April 2007, 21:05   #57
elf
BANNED

All one has to do if unhappy with the PIL filed, is to appeal to a Division Bench on the Appellate Side of the Delhi High Court against the order. If rejected, go by way of a Special Leave Petition (Civil) to the Supreme Court of India. All it's going to cost is money.

Any idea as to which High Court has this judge been transferred?
Old 7th April 2007, 21:32   #58
BHPian

I hope its not Karnataka he's transferred to... Got the sunfilms done just a year ago... Need to have em for one more year atleast....

Cheers
Old 7th April 2007, 22:45   #59
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I hope its not Karnataka he's transferred to... Got the sunfilms done just a year ago... Need to have em for one more year atleast...
If he's been transferred from being a Judge in the Delhi High Court to Chief Justice, it's probably going to be a smaller state's High Court.

It might be Karnataka. In which case, you're about to be thoroughly fornicated.
Old 8th April 2007, 01:10   #60
Team-BHP Support

Got the sunfilm removed. 75Rs. Did not make much difference as the tints were very light.
The challan is 600 Rs.

Most Viewed