Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2007, 13:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

As TSK said they can't break the glasses. I feel, by what I've generally seens is that they would touch the Beems, Mercs, Bentleys etc. the last. It is the small guy who is going to get hit badly.

Plus, employment opportunities to lot many roadside fllm removing joints..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
so what are they going to do to the cars with tinted glasses....Ban them?? or challan them whenever they see them .... The law should be clear and should take all the cases in consideration... Why are such laws so ambiguous???
Old 5th April 2007, 13:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

i did it myself few years ago it when out fine but few bit sticked to window and it didn't show any signs of coming out and rest on the window was sticky so in the end i had to take it to the person who did the tinting
Old 5th April 2007, 13:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
However, I've installed a Lummar steel film that allows 70% visibility. I would like to chill out and wait before deciding on removal..
when I got the film for my car , I insisted to get 70% visibility so I guess I have the previously legal film (I am not sure though)...But I dont want to take any chances as we know the cops here are negotiable only with one thing and might as well spend that getting the film removed and getting a new one done when the things calk down a bit
Old 5th April 2007, 13:18   #19
Team-BHP Support

All high end cars like Merc's etc., come with tinted glasses. Even the indigo has slight tint to the glasses.
So are all these cars being caught and their glasses broken.
Are they going to close down all Mercedes dealerships in Delhi?
Old 5th April 2007, 13:20   #20
Team-BHP Support

Aza, how much did they charge to remove tinting?
Old 5th April 2007, 13:25   #21
BHPian

I paid a 100 bucks. Usually you could get this done in less than that, but due to the mad rush these days, the rates are rising every day. He was asking for 150 bucks, I had to do a lot of bargaining to get him down to that. I would not be surprised if these guys start charging even 200-250 bucks after this weekend.
Old 5th April 2007, 13:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

And tell me this i have tints on all my cars and they all go to dehli regularly so this mean i have to remove them to or the non dehli registered cars can go with tints
Old 5th April 2007, 13:31   #23
BHPian

Hi guys,
When sun films were banned in Bangalore, the rule was based on the %of transparency. So, for side glasses i think it needed to be min 50% and 70% for the rear glass (iam not very sure abt the numbers). So question is, in Delhi, what are the parameters for being within the law??
Old 5th April 2007, 13:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
And tell me this i have tints on all my cars and they all go to dehli regularly so this mean i have to remove them to or the non dehli registered cars can go with tints
Well we will get a lot of answers after April 9th. Since its a HC order it will be enforced thats for sure...How strict they are going to be ?? wait for a few more days and I am sure we will get the answers...
Dont we have a lawyer among is who can put a PIL against this order (just to try our luck)
Old 5th April 2007, 13:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Bro, my friend recently acquired a S350. I saw a very interesting thing in it. It has two slits in the doors. Out of one a clear glass window rolls up and out of the other a dark mesh rolls up thus creating a insulating gap between the two and also makes the guy sitting in unseeable.

That system seemd very cool. I am exploring if I can get the same done too in my both trucks..Thus I shall have no issues with the cops & HC or SC as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
All high end cars like Merc's etc., come with tinted glasses. Even the indigo has slight tint to the glasses.
So are all these cars being caught and their glasses broken.
Are they going to close down all Mercedes dealerships in Delhi?
Old 5th April 2007, 13:42   #26
Team-BHP Support

When chandigarh HC passed this order even out of town cars were challaned. The judge of course had such dark tints that I doubt he could see outside.
Old 5th April 2007, 13:43   #27
BHPian

Actually there is a loophole. You can petition the Traffic Police for allowing you to run your vehicles with tinted glasses or sun films or whatever, for "SECURITY" reasons. Any one game for that?
Old 5th April 2007, 13:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

This is hypocricy at its best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
When chandigarh HC passed this order even out of town cars were challaned. The judge of course had such dark tints that I doubt he could see outside.
Old 5th April 2007, 13:45   #29
LLL
BHPian

Pls wait for a few days before getting the film removed. Lets see what the cops are upto.

I think they may not go after every film (read every car), but only dark films which make it difficult to see inside the vehicle.
Old 5th April 2007, 13:52   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Pls wait for a few days before getting the film removed. Lets see what the cops are upto.

I think they may not go after every film (read every car), but only dark films which make it difficult to see inside the vehicle.
Delhi COPS are more concerned with making money that safety of people on road etc.,
So they will stop whoever they can.
For example if you go 51kmph in a 50kmph zone you will be challaned, but drive dangerously within the speed limit, change lanes recklessly, street race within speed limit, its all allowed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks