Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 16:00   #31
BHPian

RD Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Do they have a website?

How much does a basic 4 or 6 sensor model cost? Do they offer painted sensors to match your bumper color? How sensitive are they, as in when the display shows full red, how much distance is actually remaining from the obstruction?

If you do have the number for the Mumbai dealer, please do provide it.
Speak with Manoj at RD Mumbai (09323571515) and get relevent details like prices etc for Mumbai as I cant confirm mumbai prices. 4 color options are there: white, black, silver and golden. While I cant confirm exact sensitivity metrics, its quiet a handful for me. Not facing any trouble. Voice based prompt in my Civic tells me to stop at 0.4m.

Personally speaking, I am more of a hearing guy than seeing. So, I did'nt bother abt the red line as voice based prompt mitigates that requirement. LCD is a different ball game altogether.
Old 6th April 2009, 18:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Even I have a RD six sensor model in my Civic (Though, I got front 2 sensors de-activated next day being an AT Car).

My unit is a Chinese one, the installation manual in the box is in Chinese and there are other things also that confirms it.

This is the installation manual I got inside the box. Uploading it for everyone's benefit. In any case, I recommended quality of product and service backup capability of company that I found superlative. Can you please see if there are any counterfeit RD in the market??
Attached Thumbnails
Parking sensor installation-rd-rps-install-manual.jpg  

Parking sensor installation-rd-rps-install-manual2.jpg  

Old 6th April 2009, 21:21   #33
BHPian

senors on the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Has anybody installed sensors on the running board(side) of the vehicle,if so then share your experience with us.
dont think its possible. See, sensors are basically connected to a mainframe. In order to be activated, a manual act is required. They can not be in 'on mode' continuously. Thus, when you engage reverse gear, you are basically giving a manual input to mainframe to activate the sensors. Though, an LCD with reverse camera can remain continuously on at all times as it does not require a manual input.

If you install these sensors sideways, you can only use these when reversing the vehicle.
Old 9th March 2010, 14:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
At which points on the rear bumper did you install the 6 sensors? or did you do 4 behind and 2 upfront?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
4 behind and 2 in the front.
This thread caught my eye just a few moments ago!

I am curious to know about the sensors installed in the front. Is this for the purpose of helping us judge the front bumper corner distances, in tight spaces? Do the front sensors respond only in 1st gear, similar to the way the rear sensors respond only while in reverse gear?

If not, I wish there could be some product for this, to help me wriggle out my Scorpio from the closely knit parking bay at my club!
Old 9th March 2010, 18:22   #35

^ you are correct in your assumption of how the front sensors work.
Old 10th March 2010, 07:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thanks emil, will check try to check out the brands available, over the weekend.
Old 27th June 2010, 15:41   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekool View Post
dont think its possible. See, sensors are basically connected to a mainframe. In order to be activated, a manual act is required. They can not be in 'on mode' continuously. Thus, when you engage reverse gear, you are basically giving a manual input to mainframe to activate the sensors. Though, an LCD with reverse camera can remain continuously on at all times as it does not require a manual input.

If you install these sensors sideways, you can only use these when reversing the vehicle.
Hi, I have forward sensors in my Innova, its RD brand.
Basically it gets activated as its wired. The reverse sensors are connected to the reverse light, so it gets on when u put it in reverse, but for front they usually connect it to the break lights, so it gets on when you hit the brakes which one usually does when he is about to park or get your car out of the parking lots. And it is useful to an extent.
I am now looking one for my Punto, but looking to get the cheapest deal, mostly RD itself. Waiting for a good deal..
Old 25th August 2010, 14:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

i had installed a paking sensor in my fiesta and it is of Autocop, there is a unusual problem coming in the device, whenever i put the reverse gears to back my car out of the garage, the sensors starts buzzing even without any blocks and hinderence, any idea
Old 13th March 2014, 06:38   #39
AJo
BHPian

Re: Parking sensor installation

Looking for a "front" parking sensor (in addition to the standard Reverse Sensors) for my new Fortuner AT. A few questions for the experts:
1) Can a "front sensor" be put in an AT?
2) Will the activation be linked to the "D" mode or the brake light (as posted earlier in this thread)?
3) I believe there are Sensors in which you can mute the beep (which maybe needed for the front sensor if linked to the "D" mode)?
4) The Toyota dealer does not have a unit with front sensors, so may need to get this done outside. Would this void warranty?

Thank you,
AJ

Most Viewed