Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 21:26   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Yes they do. I had repaired that typical plastic inflator once and found a tiny metal cylinder attached to a Piston powered by that electric motor inside it.
Confused as to the answer to my question! Are the working (and heat generating/ dissipating) parts of the Indian compressors plastic or metal.

Given our small scale manufacturing infrastructure, I guess it should be metal. But then again it might be a no name Chinese import.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 2nd September 2014, 23:24   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Confused as to the answer to my question! Are the working (and heat generating/ dissipating) parts of the Indian compressors plastic or metal.

Given our small scale manufacturing infrastructure, I guess it should be metal. But then again it might be a no name Chinese import.

Regards
Sutripta
Hi Sutripta you are damn right.

I bought Motocop Portable Air Inflator MAI-103 from snapdeal.com. Product does work as advertized.

Initially I had thought of buying VIAIR's similar Inflator from Amazon.com which roughly costs Rs 8,500 including customs. After seeing the post on Motocop inflator I thought made in India products will definitely be better than some cheap Chinese imports and hence bought one. Even though it works beautifully I was disheartened by "Imported and marketed by MOTOCOP" and "Made in China" labels. Hope that it is similar to iPhone (solidly built) but "Made in China" phenomenon.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.
mroptimist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 22:26   #393
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Was hoping that that is not the case.
What about the Emporis?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 3rd September 2014, 22:40   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
Was hoping that that is not the case.
What about the Emporis?

Regards
Sutripta
No idea about Emporis because I don't own one. People who do should pitch in.

I don't know what happened to Indian manufacturing.
Old 4th September 2014, 20:59   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
I don't know what happened to Indian manufacturing.
Guess too many Chinks in our (nonexistent) armour!

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 21:02   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I have placed an order for a manual air pump on Snapdeal - "Coido - Twin Cylinders Foot Tyre & Ball Inflator Pump Compressor" and awaiting delivery. Cost is 800 INR. Have tried an electronic one in the past and have not been impressed so decided to go the 'manual' way which I feel will help burn few calories as well in addition to filling air
Have you received the foot pump? I'm on the verge of ordering it but looking for feedback before I do so.
amarpreet99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 21:15   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarpreet99 View Post
Have you received the foot pump? I'm on the verge of ordering it but looking for feedback before I do so.
Am sorry to say but am not at all happy with this buy. The pump does not serve the purpose at all. Tried using it in both my cars and the bike as well but it just doesn't seem to be able to pump in any air at all. 800INR down the drain I guess.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 21:27   #398
BHPian

rr_zen, sorry to hear about your experience and I hope that you can get a refund from the seller.

Earlier today I had almost made the impulse purchase as the twin cylinder pump seemed a very useful sturdy dependable in case of emergencies item. In fact I had already placed this and a number of other items in my cart at jazzmyride.com. But held on as previous impulse purchases on the net have also come out as duds (rs 2500 only for a 7.1 surround system long long ago for example).

Another question: How long did you try pumping in air? Could it be a problem with differences in valve sizing or the air inlet in tyres?
Old 26th September 2014, 13:17   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarpreet99 View Post
rr_zen, sorry to hear about your experience and I hope that you can get a refund from the seller.

Earlier today I had almost made the impulse purchase as the twin cylinder pump seemed a very useful sturdy dependable in case of emergencies item. In fact I had already placed this and a number of other items in my cart at jazzmyride.com. But held on as previous impulse purchases on the net have also come out as duds (rs 2500 only for a 7.1 surround system long long ago for example).

Another question: How long did you try pumping in air? Could it be a problem with differences in valve sizing or the air inlet in tyres?
I am not sure if I can get a refund from the seller, have to check it out. On your question of how I tried pumping the air, I did use the right nozzle for the valve and locked it well. When I stepped on the pedal to pump air, I could not feel the pressure building up and the air was going out instead freely. I felt it could be an issue with the tire valve and tried a different one and on my other car as well but to no avail.
Old 26th September 2014, 14:20   #400
Senior - BHPian

One problem I have consistently faced with my no-name Chinese inflator, is that after about 8-10 uses the switch shorts out.

After the first couple of times, I have started carrying spare switches with me. God forbid if the pump breaks down in the middle of nowhere, just when I need to top up air into a punctured tyre. Has happened once already. One can't be too careful!

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20140926_141302.jpg
Old 27th September 2014, 00:46   #401
Senior - BHPian

There are pressure gauges, and then, there are some!
Ordered a Craftsman gauge with an air bleeder! Just over fill tires at a pump, come home and use the gauge and it's bleeder function to deflate tires to a preset pressure. Easy as punch!
I have a cheap compressor for the times that there's a flat tire, but for daily fill ups, this is a way better option! Waiting for bated breath for my package to arrive from USA.
PS: Before this, I had a Goodyear gauge for my car. Some ass flicked it and left the empty box in the car to add to my misery! The Craftsman gauge is like my redemption for that ass's sin!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00443ZNOM/...332200_TE_item
Old 29th September 2014, 15:22   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I am not sure if I can get a refund from the seller, have to check it out. On your question of how I tried pumping the air, I did use the right nozzle for the valve and locked it well. When I stepped on the pedal to pump air, I could not feel the pressure building up and the air was going out instead freely. I felt it could be an issue with the tire valve and tried a different one and on my other car as well but to no avail.
Sorry for the delay in responding. Thanks for the answers.

As far as snapdeal goes, I did manage to get a refund from them for an order. Had ordered 3 clocks got one right. Of the other two, one was broken and the other was a different clock than that in the image. They returned my money when I insisted. You should atleast call the customer care centre and let them know the problem and see if they can provide a solution. If not, go for a refund.
Old 14th October 2014, 18:37   #403
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried using this one?How accurate is this?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Origenal-New-...item27e8c6904d
Old 15th October 2014, 17:55   #404
BHPian

Finally took the plunge and bought an tire pressure gauge to start off with. This week the petrol pump guy was trying to convince me that the pressure is fine even though I did not hear the beep when air was filled.

So bought a COIDO #6705 tire pressure gauge from snapdeal. Tested all tires of scooter and car and as I suspected one of the tire was having less air pressure.

Not sure how accurate the device is but plan to use it regularly.

Not able to decide whether to buy tire pressure pump, though I short-listed LIMI portable from http://www.emporis.co.in/ based on reviews and feedback from members.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20141015_164525266.jpg
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20141015_164454279.jpg
Old 15th October 2014, 18:19   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Exactly the piece I am looking for as well. Are there any other users of this product and how accurate is the reading?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks