Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I bought these two for my bike

1. Coido twin cylinder foot pump - 800/-

Attachment 1325813

2. Coido digital gauge with torch - 550/-

Attachment 1325814

Used foot pump on my bike's tyre. With 25 pumps, it took the 90/90-17 front tyre from 23 PSI to 33 PSI. So, it's pretty effective on skinny tyres found on the puny bikes. Will be very helpful for motorcycle tourers.
I bought exactly the same pump from snapdeal and it let me down badly. Didn't seem to be pumping in air at all and I could not feel any resistance while pumping the pedal with the nozzle in the tire. Now I am using a normal hand pump that I bought for my daughter's cycle which works like a dream.
Old 15th February 2015, 11:06   #422
BHPian

I got a Slime Tyre Inflator along with Accutire pressure gauge from US through one of my friend. Its been doing its duty diligently without any issues for last 4 months. From flat to 30.5 PSI it takes 2.57 mins. I happy with the performance so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20141129_123311.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20141129_122738.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20141129_122759.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20141129_122822.jpg  

Old 15th February 2015, 12:38   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I bought exactly the same pump from snapdeal and it let me down badly. Didn't seem to be pumping in air at all and I could not feel any resistance while pumping the pedal with the nozzle in the tire. Now I am using a normal hand pump that I bought for my daughter's cycle which works like a dream.
Did you use the adapter provided for the bicycle tyres? Also, you can try using the pump for your bike/car and double check.
Mine has been working fine. I have stopped waiting in the petrol bunk queues to get the tyres aired as I top up the air at home every weekend

EDIT: Looks like I misread your post. Are you sure you're using it in the correct way? Took me a while to figure out how to use it since it doesn't have any instruction booklet and I was completely new to foot pumps.
Does the pressure gauge needle shoot up when you fit the nozzle to your tyre? Do you hear the noise of air going out?

Last edited by theredliner : 15th February 2015 at 12:43.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 12:00   #424
BHPian

So many choices and opinions that it is a bit confusing to decide. Casting around the internet, I came across http://hivayking.in/store/index.php?...roller=product

Now is this site related to H V Kumar (HVK)? If yes, then I can blindly trust it.
However, I am a bit baffled by this in the site
3. Your orders are aggregated & then the products are purchased
5. If you are serious about buying, please place the order in the HVK Store, pay the money & await shipment

Does anyone have an idea on the waiting period? I live in Pune, so it would be feasible for me to drive down and pick it up myself, because the page also says
Cost Rs. 1,150/- (For Mumbai/Thane members - Direct pickup only)
Old 20th February 2015, 15:30   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
So many choices and opinions that it is a bit confusing to decide. Casting around the internet, I came across http://hivayking.in/store/index.php?...roller=product

Now is this site related to H V Kumar (HVK)? If yes, then I can blindly trust it.
However, I am a bit baffled by this in the site
3. Your orders are aggregated & then the products are purchased
5. If you are serious about buying, please place the order in the HVK Store, pay the money & await shipment

Does anyone have an idea on the waiting period? I live in Pune, so it would be feasible for me to drive down and pick it up myself, because the page also says
Cost Rs. 1,150/- (For Mumbai/Thane members - Direct pickup only)
Yes, that is an online store that I run. Thanks for the trust.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 15:43   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Yes, that is an online store that I run. Thanks for the trust.
Oh wow! HVK replying to my post. This feels so awesome!

Sir is it possible I drive down to Mumbai, pay cash and collect the pump (and if possible meet you personally?) If yes, could you please share the address?
Old 26th February 2015, 00:53   #427
BHPian

Has anyone used the Slime Moto Spair (50001)? This comes with a sealant and an inflator. I wanted to purchase a portable inflator that would fit in my saddle bag and that's when another TBHP member suggested Slime (though not this particular model). The product looks pretty good except that it does not come with a pressure guage.
Old 26th February 2015, 08:21   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
The product looks pretty good except that it does not come with a pressure guage.
Do you mean http://slime.com/216/products/moto-spair-50001/ ? If yes, then check out the contents section
Quote:
10-50 PSI pencil tire gauge
Old 26th February 2015, 15:43   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Do you mean http://slime.com/216/products/moto-spair-50001/ ? If yes, then check out the contents section
Absolutely! My bad, I didn't read the contents thoroughly.

On another note, does anyone know where I can buy a portable motorcycle wheel jockey in India? My HD Street 750 does not have a centre stand and in the event of a rear wheel puncture, fixing it would be a problem since I will not be able to turn the wheel to find out the location of the puncture. The motorcycle wheel jockey makes sense in these cases. I tried googling it but was not able to find any store or online retailer in India that has this product.
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:56   #430
Team-BHP Support

Received an OEM VW inflator off eBay Germany. Cost me Rs. 4400 including shipping via Deutsche Post. This was an unused second hand unit from some VAG car (the eBay link did not mention which one). I wanted to get a portable inflator but the only ones I saw online were the usual Coido and the Chinese replicas. Moreover, my colleague had a Coido unit but it used to get hot real quick and reported false readings on the pressure gauge. So bit this one although it was a bit expensive. But I don't regret it since the unit performed to my expectations - quickly filled a deflated tire of an XUV5OO, did not get heated up and the pressure gauge seemed accurate. But it sure was noisy!

Here are some unboxing snaps:

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20150302_19_38_11_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20150302_19_39_36_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20150302_19_40_39_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20150302_19_41_43_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20150302_19_56_14_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20150302_19_56_40_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20150302_19_56_45_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20150302_19_57_10_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20150302_19_57_44_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20150302_19_58_20_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20150302_19_58_35_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20150302_19_59_08_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20150302_20_02_23_pro.jpg

The unit is very compact and would easily fit into a glovebox. The long cable and the tubes along with the gauge can be squeezes inside the pocket.

Here is a video of the unit inflating a XUV5OO’s tire deflated to 20 psi:

The last bit of the clip went out of focus - apologies for that!

The online dealer on eBay was happyparts.de - highly recommended. All-in-all a good deal and I am a happy customer of happyparts.de.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 18:40   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Received an OEM VW inflator off eBay Germany. Cost me Rs. 4400 including shipping via Deutsche Post.

You got the phone as well? (just kidding)

Frankly speaking I am a bit surprised even German inflators do not carry a digital gauge but an analog one. I wonder why. Somehow the digit one feels more 'accurate'

By the way, did you calibrate it? If yes, how?
Old 3rd March 2015, 18:49   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Same here

Wrote to snapdeal , they reply back with some copy + paste saying they wouldn't give me a replacement !
Old 4th March 2015, 13:03   #433
BHPian

Picked up a Slime 40001 Power Sport motorcycle tire inflator from Amazon for Rs, 2,750.00 and got it delivered today.The package states that the product is manufactured in China, but since it's a US based company I am guessing that the quality wouldn't be bad.

The Slime comes in it's own carrying case which is made out of a hard rubbery kind of material and feels very sturdy. It also comes with 3 diffrent power adaptors and a pencil tire guage. As per the manual, it states that it takes around 8 minutes to fill in a tyre from flat and between each usage there has to be a 25 minutes break.

I was looking for something that I could carry in my Tank bag during my tours and the Slime fits snugly into my Tank bag. The carrying case measures 15 cms x 15 cms and weighs lesser than a kilo.

I was also contemplating putting Slime tire sealents into my tires so as to avoid flats as much as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-slime-box.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-slime.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-inside-box.jpg  

Snehal Sekhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 13:39   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Did you use the adapter provided for the bicycle tyres? Also, you can try using the pump for your bike/car and double check.
Mine has been working fine. I have stopped waiting in the petrol bunk queues to get the tyres aired as I top up the air at home every weekend

EDIT: Looks like I misread your post. Are you sure you're using it in the correct way? Took me a while to figure out how to use it since it doesn't have any instruction booklet and I was completely new to foot pumps.
Does the pressure gauge needle shoot up when you fit the nozzle to your tyre? Do you hear the noise of air going out?
At the outset, regret the delayed response.

Well I am assuming to be using it the right way. The pressure gauge needle does not move when I pump and I can hear air gushing out when I pump. There is no pressure when I pump which tells me that the air is not going into the tyre but outside. I tried it with different tyres and different cars and my bike as well to rule out any possibility of a problem with the tyre valve but there is no difference. Not sure where the problem is. My gut feel is that the nozzle of the tube is faulty. On the other hand, the basic pump that I bought for my daughter's cycle seems to do the job very well and generally with a few vigorous pumps I end up with the tyre over-inflated. Yes, I do have a separate tyre pressure gauge that I got from the US and it has been calibrated so no doubts there.
Old 13th March 2015, 22:42   #435
BHPian

Quote:

Well I am assuming to be using it the right way. The pressure gauge needle does not move when I pump
Since you have experience with other pumps and know how to use them, I think your pump is indeed faulty.
Anyway, let me say how mine behaves and how I do it.

I insert the nozzle very mildly on the valve. The gauge needle does not show any reading at this stage.
Then I lock the nozzle using the press type lock attached to the nozzle. Once the nozzle is locked, the needle starts showing the reading.

When I pump, I don't hear any noise of air going out. Also, during the pump action, the needle sees a temporary surge during each pump and settles back after it is released each time.

Mine seems decently built and looks and feels like it isn't gonna give up anytime soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks