Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2016, 21:35   #616
BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Is this a good choice for larger SUV tyres ? A friend needs one for his Safari so wondering if the Windek would fit the bill.
Should be okay. I have been using with sedan tyres. Will try with a recently acquired Vitara and let you know how it goes. Might take time to inflate, but will do the job.

Hope this helps.
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 08:40   #617
BHPian

Accurate tyre pressure gauge
---------------------------------

Went to Tyre Professionals yesterday for a puncture fix, wheel balancing and alignment. Job well done. The nitrogen was filled to a pressure of 32 as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.

When I checked the pressure with my pressure gauge (which looks like this - https://smile.amazon.com/TEKTON-5941...=tire+pressure), it showed the pressure as 36. The digital pressure gauge sold by Tyre Professionals also showed the pressure as 36.

So the question is - which measurement do we trust? The difference is quite significant.

Thanks so much!
Old 7th January 2017, 13:37   #618
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody used the Michelin 12266 Tire inflator?

Any opinions? How does it compare to the 3145c or 3140c in terms of inflation speed?

My priorities are durability, fast inflation, auto cut off & convenience in terms of storage. Most of the other features, I dont care about.

I am seeing the 3140a availble for about 3300. Is that a good price? Is it a good product? People seem to have bought these kind of tire inflators for about 2500-2800 as per posts in this thread. Should I hold? Current Amazon prices seem to be around 4500 to 6500.

Finally, Michelin seems to have a 12264 inflator. No auto cut off but seems ideally sized for bikers.
Old 23rd January 2017, 23:30   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
I received the Windek inflator today from Amazon and tried out in....
I've just picked the windtek inflator. Whenever I fill the air in one tyre, I have to unplug it from the lighter socket to get it to work again. Is this normal or have I picked up a dud?
Old 24th January 2017, 22:55   #620
BHPian

Ahh...try messing with all the buttons. If the power button hasn't been turned off, it tends to not start filling air on its own until you press one of the menu and pressure adjustment buttons when you cork it on another tyre. What I mean is, after setting the required pressure, you press the 'on' button and it fills it to that level and then the motor auto shuts off. After that, the push-button needs to be pressed again to turn it off before you cork it onto another tyre.
cryshnon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 06:56   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
I've just picked the windtek inflator. Whenever I fill the air in one tyre, I have to unplug it from the lighter socket to get it to work again. Is this normal or have I picked up a dud?
There are 3 buttons under LCD. M (Memory), +, -.
When you plug to another tyre after first tyre, you have to press M to resume filling air in newly plugged in tyre. It will automatically start with 'On' message on LCD. It is by design, works same in friend's Windek and my LIMI. You don't need to plug off/on every time into charger socket.

Last edited by parsh : 25th January 2017 at 06:57.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 14:40   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

Any opinions? How does it compare to the 3145c or 3140c in terms of inflation speed?

My priorities are durability, fast inflation, auto cut off & convenience in terms of storage. Most of the other features, I dont care about.

I am seeing the 3140a availble for about 3300. Is that a good price? Is it a good product? People seem to have bought these kind of tire inflators for about 2500-2800 as per posts in this thread. Should I hold? Current Amazon prices seem to be around 4500 to 6500.

Finally, Michelin seems to have a 12264 inflator. No auto cut off but seems ideally sized for bikers.
I bought Michelin 3140C in September 2016 for Rs. 3170 on Amazon. Works as described. Found quite effective. It is currently unavailable.

Pros:
  • Fast, 0-30 in 3 minutes
  • Compact
  • Auto cut-off convenience
  • Reasonable Price
  • Solid build quality
  • Comes with various adapters that can be used for inflatable mattress, football and bicycle tyres

Cons:
  • Could have been quieter
  • Slightly noisy. Not bothersome though.
  • Accuracy is about +/- 1 PSI

12266 seems more compact, silent and has USB charging and 12V output socket. Haven't used it though. I would definitely recommend 3140C.
Old 25th January 2017, 15:53   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

Why are you looking at only Michelin which is known for high pricing when you can get equally good Quality Branded Tire inflator at lesser price?

http://www.amazon.in/Goodyear-RCP-B31C-Digital-Tyre-Inflator/dp/B015IUT57K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485339419&sr=8-1&keywords=goodyear+tyre+inflator

I suggest to go with this GoodYear Tyre Inflator. I have been using this past 6 months with at least 10-12 times for top up (Qualis, Santro) and One occasion for 0-30 (For testing purpose)

Regarding device, I am happy. Build quality is also good and sound is tolerable on road. Have not tested inside apartment basement. I do not worry on time taken to fill whether it fills in 2.5 mins or 3 mins . There are heavy duty models which the manufacturers claim it fills in 2.5 mins whereas they say this model takes 3-3.5 mins from flat to 30 psi.

For me, 30s does not matter at all. Also heavy duty models costs high and draws 15 amp which loads battery heavily. So went with this model and am happy. Not sure about other models

Last edited by gkveda : 25th January 2017 at 15:55.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 17:06   #624
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
I received the Windek inflator today from Amazon and tried out in my car.
A week back I had got wheel alignment/balancing rotation etc done at a tyre shop and had asked them to top up air in each wheel to 32 psi. The Windek was showing 37.5 / 38 psi's in each tyre. I am assuming that the calibration is off by +6 psi's. Should I then treat this as my benchmark and in future always top up to 38? Suggestions please.
I have the exact same issue. The accuracy is horrible of the Windtek inflator. It's not a predictable, fixed error- It varies. Had I known this, I would have never purchased it. Would have paid even double to get an accurate inflator. That's the whole point of an inflator, and Windtek doesn't do it properly. Nowadays, I am back to getting my tires inflated at the petrol pumps.

Last edited by mxh : 25th January 2017 at 17:07.
Old 28th January 2017, 11:19   #625
BHPian

Any idea about the Michelin 12264 micro inflator? I initially thought of going for the Windek but after seeing the replies here I have decided to either go in for the Michelin 12264

http://www.amazon.in/Michelin-12264-...5582195&sr=1-1

or the Goodyear RCP-B31C

http://www.amazon.in/Goodyear-RCP-B3...E3Y3MEX8KM8JPF

I don't really want to spend more than 2.5k on the inflator. Are the calibration and readings of these models good.

Last edited by avi550m : 28th January 2017 at 11:43.
Old 28th January 2017, 12:27   #626
BANNED

Slightly OT. Any experience with the Blaupunkt TPMS? My son has a Chinese one in his City, and within a year two sensor-senders have packed up. I expect the 'Blue Dot' to be somewhat more reliable. It is under 13k on Amazon.
Old 31st January 2017, 16:02   #627
J.Ravi

Recently, I bought these two analogue tyre pressure gauges and 230V 500W portable compressor.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc07307.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc07282.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc07284.jpg

The details are here.
  (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:13   #628
BHPian

Had a bad experience with Goodyear RCP B31C tyre inflator, ordered it from Amazon India, plugged it into the car's 12v supply socket, it switched itself on, connected it to tyre nozzle, and as soon as I tried to switch on the compressor, it died, the fuse in its plug was blown. Replaced the fuse, the same thing happened again, returned it back to amazon. Had a talk with the tyre shop owner, which i usually visit, he showed me BellAire 3000 tyre inflator, and assured me that it was very good. Got it for ₹2200/-, and upto now it is working fine. It has an analogue tyre pressure gauge built in, an auto cut is also present, you can set the required pressure by rotating a ring around the gauge, which has a pointer, and it works flawlessly. It is not available at online sites in India, but is available on Amazon USA.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_0300.jpg  

Old 24th February 2017, 11:46   #629
Senior - BHPian

Friends, has anyone used these valves which claim to given an indication on low air pressure ? Absolutely no clue on what PSI basis it shows low or normal ! Appreciate a response
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-tirecap.png
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 06:54   #630
BHPian

Hello everyone,
Has anyone tried the Grandpitstop pocket inflator kit?
http://www.amazon.in/Bike-Tyre-Infla...8071966&sr=1-5
It's a bit expensive,but if it works well,it is very useful for all the bikers out there because of its compact dimensions.
I have myself bought one but haven't had a chance to use it(phew! ),therefore I am curious to hear from someone who has used it.

Cheers,
Abhishek

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks