Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2019, 22:47   #766
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
How is the performance of the Windek compressor? Some reviews say it gets bad very fast.

Also, there's an identical rebranded "Amazon Basics" one selling for 300rs more
I had to go and check which one I had. Its a Windek.
Working fine ever since 2017. Has also filled up flat tyres to 20-25 odd psi, just enough to get to a tyre shop about 10-20 times in that period.
Also being used exclusively for 3 years for top ups. No issues thus far.
I think on the quality front, its the luck of the draw. Some people end up with delicate ones, but not me.
mayankk is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 12:54   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Ask me about it. It blew when I was trying the fourth fill. I top up air once in a week. Lasted about three weeks. Threw it away.
I had bought a Michelin one couple of years ago on Amazon and it didn’t work even once. Returned it to them. Apparently that lot had quite a few “returned due to defective cases” from the product comment pages.

Blew as in stopped working or blew a car fuse?
Did you not try to return it?
Is the device capable of blowing the car's fuse?

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 2nd October 2019 at 12:56.
Old 2nd October 2019, 19:28   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Blew as in stopped working or blew a car fuse?
Did you not try to return it?
The inflator just went kaput. The fourth time I plugged it into the port to top up air, the WINDEK showed no signs of life.
I don’t think they would have accepted a return after a month & whatever little usage by a customer.
maven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 11:06   #769
BHPian

Quote:
How is the performance of the Windek compressor? Some reviews say it gets bad very fast.

Also, there's an identical rebranded "Amazon Basics" one selling for 300rs more
I have been using Windek for almost two years now for my regular top ups which I do at home. Not sure how accurate it is. Earlier I used to fill till meter showed 36, because at that reading it generally equated to around 32 when compared to fuel pump meters. Then suddenly one day I filled 36 and I can immediately sense at drive time that it was too much. Now I fill up to 32 only and it feels OK.

Over the past few months air leaks out during the filling process. Thankfully right now, Volume of air going in > Volume of air leaking out, so I am able to fill up air, even though it takes a while longer. Not sure if this is a problem with Windek or with the tyre valves. Need to check.
amit.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 16:33   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the device can blow up the car's fuse if it's ampere rating is more than the fuse's capacity. E.g. I have Hercules's BlackCat Analog model. It's rated at 15 AMP while my Scorpio's fuse rating for 12V outlet is 10AMP. Plugging into the 12V outlet blew the fuse. This was despite the fact that Hercules CC told me that topping up the tyre should be fine in Scorpio
manchandap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 16:51   #771
Senior - BHPian

I got the Michelin single Barrel Foot Pump from Amazon, its a good pump in terms of quality and feel and the initial run was pretty good. I raised the pressure from 25 to 29 Psi for front two tyres within half a minute each. I was babying the the pump so took more time pedaling it. For top-ups, this pump should work just fine and wont hurt your legs as such.

My only concern is, if some part of the whole contraption goes wrong, like the pump for example, where do I get a replacement ? I couldn't see any service center location etc. on the box.
Old 26th June 2020, 22:08   #772
BHPian

I have a tornado inflator and I am pretty happy with it. It is not automatic (has only an analog gauge) but is reasonably fast. Just now it developed a leak in the hose at the crimped connector on the outlet. Image attached. The nylon sheath is intact but the rubber hose inside is damaged. Can it be repaired ? I don't seem to be able to pull it out.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200626_215309.jpg  

Old 9th July 2020, 21:34   #773
BHPian

What do you guys think about these inflators -

1. Modcon Tyre inflator (only has 1 review so far)
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07ZKKWSQP/..._.3ZbFb0MN1JXN

And another is this from a known brand:

2. myTVS 80 psi Tyre Air Pump for Car & Bike
http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/mytvs-80-p...oduct.share.pp

Last edited by devilicious : 9th July 2020 at 21:35. Reason: Addition of text
Old 18th July 2020, 10:42   #774
BHPian

I have been using a Windek Inflator for a year now. Had bought it initially for Longer road trips to Goa and Ahmedabad etc.
Fairly satisfied by the performance and have just filled a completely deflated read tyre of my Jazz.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-screenshot_20200718103856.jpg  

Old 18th July 2020, 11:07   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9216 View Post
Can it be repaired ? I don't seem to be able to pull it out.
Thanks
Just cut the nozzle off. Cut away the crimping metal, rubber hose and extract the bare, metallic Nozzle.
Make neat cut in the open end of Hose and insert the nozzle into it. Once inserted fully, tighten a Hose Clamp (aka Jubilee clamp) over it. Hope 1/2" clamp would be fine.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th July 2020 at 12:30. Reason: Typo.
Old 18th July 2020, 23:32   #776
BHPian

Mi just launched its new crowdfunding project in India, Mi Portable Electric Air Compressor.

Name:  Screenshot 20200718 23.18.51.png
Views: 2042
Size:  179.1 KB

I had a Michelin air pressure gauge which went kaput when it fell on the floor and was looking forward for a decent portable inflator pump. Mi Portable Air Compressor looks good at least in paper. The features like auto cut off on preset pressure and the ability to work without connecting to a power source made it the right choice. I being a person who always wanted to keep the air pressure intact, jumped in and ordered the product.

As it is a crowdfunding thing, I am expecting it to reach me by late August. Hope it will live up to the expectations.

Last edited by northstar* : 18th July 2020 at 23:54.
Old 19th July 2020, 09:53   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Mi just launched its new crowdfunding project in India, Mi Portable Electric Air Compressor.
Thanks buddy, this looks promising. Ordered one for me too. Though, there's only one downside..it can fill only 5 car tyres in one charge. Otherwise looks like a nice product.
Old 19th July 2020, 10:28   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Just cut the nozzle off. Cut away the crimping metal, rubber hose and extract the bare, metallic Nozzle.
Make neat cut in the open end of Hose and insert the nozzle into it. Once inserted fully, tighten a Hose Clamp (aka Jubilee clamp) over it. Hope 1/2" clamp would be fine.
Thank you. I had temporarily solved it by cutting away the end of the hose and tightening using a stiff wire. A strip of metal was used to prevent the wire from biting into rubber. It is working for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200626_222431.jpg  

9216 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 14:15   #779

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9216 View Post
Thank you. I had temporarily solved it by cutting away the end of the hose and tightening using a stiff wire. A strip of metal was used to prevent the wire from biting into rubber. It is working for now.
Nice solution. You can get small circular clamps with screws and nut slots from local hardware shop. It should be as good as new.
pritishekka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 17:25   #780
OmV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
I just ordered this as well. Since I only need it for my bike, I should be fine with the capacity. Loved the seemingly compact form factor the way it looks in the pictures, now the function remains to be seen.
I shared it with a few friends and the anti-china sentiment reared its head. Still decided to go ahead with the purchase; figured I have other ways of showing patriotism.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks