Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2020, 18:07   #781
BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I got the Michelin single Barrel Foot Pump..... feel and the initial run was pretty good
Hi, even I am interested in buying a foot pump. Do you have the analog or digital model?
Also what do you mean by "initial run was pretty good"? Is it not working as desired presently?
Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd July 2020, 18:55   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi, even I am interested in buying a foot pump. Do you have the analog or digital model?
Also what do you mean by "initial run was pretty good"? Is it not working as desired presently?
Thanks in advance.
I’ve been using the Michelin single barrel foot pump for almost 2 years now, it’s the analog one. Has worked well without any issues till date.
Yakuza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 16:47   #783
OmV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Mi just launched its new crowdfunding project in India, Mi Portable Electric Air Compressor.
I just received the Xiaomi portable electric air compressor.. I had ordered this via crowdfunding exactly 3 weeks ago. It was shipped overnight from the Xiaomi warehouse in Bhiwandi (Outskirts of Mumbai). Apart from the carton being wet due to rains in Mumbai, everything seems to be in order.

I got this for Rs. 2299, the MRP printed in Rs. 3500. I also had seen it on Amazon for Rs. 2600 odd although it is currently sold out.

The compressor comes with a soft carrying case with drawstrings, a very short microUSB charging cable, a valve adapter for bicycle tube valves and a value adapter for inflating footballs and such.

The unit powers on when the air hose is removed from its holding space. If left unused for 3 minutes the unit switches off automatically. The controls are simple - pressure up and down buttons, a button for a built in LED torch and one button to toggle between modes. The center button starts the operation.
Interestingly, the 4 modes - bicycle, car, motorcycle and balls -have different units of pressure listed. In Bicycle and ball modes the pressure display is in PSI, while for Car and Motorcycle modes the display is in Bar. I am not sure if the modes have any difference in operation - will find out when I get a chance to try it out. I will end up using the mode which displays pressure in psi as converting the manufacturer recommended pressure (which is in psi) to Bar would not be accurate. Also the unit displays a single decimal only.

The unit has a rubber dustplug on the charging port on the bottom of the unit. It is pretty light in weight compared to a few other units I have seen. Xaiomi claims on the box that this can work till 145psi. The battery was low out of the box and is currently charging. I am yet to use it as it is raining pretty badly today, but hope to try it out soon.

Some pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-image3.jpeg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-image4.jpeg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-image2.jpeg  

OmV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 22:18   #784
Distinguished - BHPian

That looks very good, except that I'm a bit concerned about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPetrolhead View Post
The pressure gauge is an Analogue one, it shows the pressure in psi & BAR.
As per few reviews on Amazon, I have found an error of about 7~8 psi.
That's a huge margin of error on tyre pressure ranges. If true, it would be useless.

Otherwise, it looks to be a well-built machine. Thanks for the nice review!

(Your pictures seem to have gone missing)
Old 15th August 2020, 09:48   #785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmV View Post
I just received the Xiaomi portable electric air compressor.
Have you got chance to use it or try it out? My tyre inflator got damaged in flooding at my house. I'm on lookout for a new one. As of now, I don't see this available anywhere.
Old 16th August 2020, 08:00   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmV View Post
I just received the [url="https://store.mi.com/in/crowdfunding/detail?id=48"][b]Xiaomi portable ele modes. The center button starts the operation.
Interestingly, the 4 modes - bicycle, car, motorcycle and balls -have different units of pressure listed. In Bicycle and ball modes the pressure display is in PSI, while for Car and Motorcycle modes the display is in Bar. I am not sure if the modes have any difference in operation - will find out when I get a chance to try it out. I will end up using the mode which displays pressure in psi as converting the manufacturer recommended pressure (which is in psi) to Bar would not be accurate. Also the unit displays a single decimal only.
attached.
I got mine last week, and there's a workaround for changing the preset pressure to PSI for the Mi air tump. Just press the preset button once more (longer press) and it'll convert pressure in Bar to PSI or KPa. No memory function for this though.

Overall, great experience with the pump. After charging the pump to 100%, I topped up four car tyres (pressures were down by 1 PSI each), four bike tyres (each were off by an average of 3 PSI), and fully inflated two cycle tyres. It was still showing 30-50% charge after this. Mi pump uses an coloured LED that turns Orange when charge drops to 30-50% range.

Speed is good when compared with wired options in the similar price range (I have two good wired compressors from earlier).

Best advantage is the wireless nature. Helps a lot when checking motorcycle tyres. Very portable as well. Recommended buy from my side.

Last edited by anilp : 16th August 2020 at 08:01.
Old 18th August 2020, 15:52   #787
BHPian

Portable Tyre inflator

Hey guys, I've been using Amazon Basics tyre inflator for almost 2 years now. We have multiple cars in our garage, and few of them are very rarely used, the tyres of those cars always used to loose air. This is a perfect and VFM product. I used to have a normal motorized tyre inflator which was no good. I checked all options, wanted to buy Michelin air compressor but it was way too expensive (about 4k). I previously bought Amazon basics products like car covers, headphones, magnetic screw driver set, etc. So I had a strong belief that this will not disappoint me. Although they are manufactured in China, I hoped Amazon QC would be much stricter and I would get a good product. I bought this for 1599/-. Now the same product is 2199/- on Amazon. I used this on different types of cars, Hatchbacks, MUVs and SUVs. It inflated Tata sierra tyre 215 75 R15 from 8 PSI to 35 PSI in less than 2 minutes. I also extended the length of the cord so that I can reach other vehicles in the parking to inflate their tires. As length increases, resistivity also increases but luckily there was no loss of power. For starters and people wanting to spend less amount on portable tyre inflator, this should be perfect! I also repaired 4 punctures and used it to pump from 2 to 35 PSI with this inflator and puncture kit (1 on Innova, 1 on Activa and 2 on Wagon R)

Pros:

1. Nice LCD digital display for tyre pressure
2. Very quick in inflating tyres
3. Nice carry bag
4. Different valves provided for car tyres, football / basket ball and cycle tyres.
5. LED light for night time usage incase you are struck in middle of nowhere.
6. Length of the wire is good enough to reach all 4 tyres from 12v socket for an SUV

Cons:

1. No LED backlight for display
2. Little bit noisy, but I guess all air compressors are like that.
3. After inflation, while removing the Nozzle nut from valve stem, it gets in contact with valve and remove 1-2 PSI by the time I totally unscrew the nut from valve stem. That's very annoying and I think I'm doing it the wrong way. That's the reason I fill 1 PSI extra every time I top up air.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-ab1.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200817_113720.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200817_114303.jpg

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B074DDJFTH/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tyre Pressure guage:

I ordered this on AliExpress before covid in January, got delivered after Lockdown in July.

I bought this for 290 rupees, and it works flawlessly. There is no error, the petrol bunk guage and this one showed same reading. Even my amazon basics tyre inflator display also shows same reading. So I guess, there's nothing to complain here. It has a nice LCD back light display, you can change units to PSI, kPa and Bar. It is very easy to hold against the tyre valve, and doesn't leakout any air when pressed.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200817_114230.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dc6a408a1b7143beb6b3c5bbcede94c9.jpg

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dSLLGZI

Puncture Kit

Almost all puncture kits on e-commerce sites are similar. Quality varies, but I don't know which is superior one and which is inferior. I bought a kit from Amazon, if the strip fails, you need to use an other strip. That's it. After purchasing this tyre inflator and puncture kit, I started repairing punctures on my own. I messed it up couple of times in the beginning. Now I am an expert.

Tubeless tyre puncture repair kit

Last edited by WhiteSierra : 18th August 2020 at 16:01. Reason: Added puncture kit details
WhiteSierra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 16:08   #788

So, all this started with a lockdown. I live in a very remote township which was sealed due to the pandemic & we were not allowed to move out of the township. My GoldRunner (My '16 Golden Brown Honda City V MT i-Vtec) was due for tyre replacement, the ODO stands around 41k kms. There was a specific problem with the rear left tyre & it was losing roughly 1 psi every day. I checked for punctures, but there were none found & even the valve seemed to be functioning properly.

As we were not allowed to move outside the township, we kept topping up the air with a hand pump, but after some 3-4 attempts the air hose ruptured. Hence, I advised dad to get a Tyre Inflator Pump & he gave me a go ahead.

The search was commenced on Amazon as it was the only option for us & I shortlisted a few Inflators like the Michelin, Goodyear as well MyTVS. During the Great India Sale, I stumbled upon the Bergmann Typhoon Heavy Duty inflator, it was on deal & I asked for recommendations on the Team-BHP Gujarat WhatsApp group & received positive feedback. Hence, I decided to go ahead & ordered the Bergmann Typhoon for INR 1599, which retails around INR 2000 during normal times.

Link -

https://www.amazon.in/Bergmann-Typho.../dp/B06XW683G2

The product was delivered in one week, it was well packaged & packed properly.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200812_205102.jpg

The Bergmann Typhoon is very well built, feels sturdy & has an all-metal body.

It has a 3M long flat-type cable, so you can easily reach to your 12V socket (which is a piece of cake for GoldRunner since it has 2 x 12V sockets in the rear) & a good quality braided air hose with screw type connector for cars.

The box has the following content -

1) The Inflator
2) A carry bag
3) Operating Manual
4) Attachments for Bicycle, Inflatable balls
5) Extra Spring
6) Extra Fuse (Nice touch)

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200813_134730.jpg

The attachments & Extra Fuse

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200813_140935.jpg

The inflator body feels good to hold, the legs have rubber underneath to minimize the noise & vibrations.
The pressure gauge is an Analogue one, it shows the pressure in psi & BAR.
As per few reviews on Amazon, I have found an error of about 7~8 psi.

It also has a LED light in the front, which helps to connect the inflator in nights as well as to check for flats.

It has 2 switches in the front, left activates the Inflator & the right one for LED light. There is a handle as well.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200813_141317.jpg

The claimed 0-30 psi time is 2 minutes & I haven't tried to fill tyre from Zero, but IMHO it should be around 5~6 minutes (which TBH is perfectly fine considering the price).

Inflators are generally noisy & this one is no different, it is still way better than those generic & AmazonBasics inflators.

Also, to use the inflator, you need to keep the engine running.

Attaching a video of the same -

The Inflator at work -

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200813_140104.jpg

After your work is finished, you can pack it & neatly stow away it inside your boot in the carry bag provided.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200813_142209-1.jpg

The Pros -

1) Sturdy Built
2) LED Light
3) Extra Fuse provided
4) Quite powerful for its price
5) 3M long cable

The Cons -

1) The pressure gauge is an analogue unit & has an error of 7~8 psi.
2) Designed in Germany, but Made in China (technically not a con & doesn't matter for me).
3) The built quality of the attachments feels a bit Shoddy.

I'll use it with a bicycle as well few other things & then update regarding the same.

As an overall product I will give it a 4 Star.

If anyone is planning to get one, then I will suggest them to wait for any sale & get it a bit cheaper.

Overall a recommended product.

P.S. - This is my first proper post.

Cheers !

Note to Mods - I tried uploading the pictures but failed to do so.

Last edited by AlphaPetrolhead : 19th August 2020 at 16:34.
AlphaPetrolhead is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 14:31   #789
BHPian

I recently purchased the TUSA Tyre Inflator from Amazon and Boy, I'm impressed. The inflation speed is about average, my Ford Ecosport tyre went from 11 Psi to 35 Psi in about 2 minutes and the best part about Tusa is that it comes with a 2 year warranty and does not heat up as much as some other inflators in this price range do. Also, it has tyre pressure measuring gauge inbuilt so as soon as you connect it to the tyre, it displays the current pressure. You can then set up the desired air pressure and press the power button. It has auto cutoff and inflates the tyre to +1 Psi to account for the loss that may be caused during removing the probe from the wheel. It is also not very loud and does not vibrate a lot. The power cable is approx. 10-12 feet long and the air fill hose is about 2 feet long. The variation of the measurement shown by the inflator and my checking at MRF Tyre Shop is a reasonably low 0.5 Psi. I definitely recommend. Looks good too, and is fairly light-weight!
Thunderlover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 01:06   #790
Senior - BHPian

I picked up the Solimo non digital tyre inflator during the Amazon sale for just Rs 1000. It was discounted to Rs 1200 from 1400 and I got 200 bucks cashback. I was considering a more expensive digital model but decided that this was good enough for my usage, mainly for topping up the tyres of 3 cycles, the Activa and the 4 cars among our family members.
Overall from the brief usage I'm completely satisfied. I also bought a digital pressure gauge similar to what WhiteSierra has a couple of posts above and there is a consistent 2psi diffence between the gauge and the pump reading. Either one could be off and I haven't cross checked with a 3rd source do I can't be sure but for now I'm assuming it's the inflator that's showing 2psi less. As a workaround I'm filling 3psi extra (2psi error and 1psi loss while removing nozzle) and it feels fine and not over inflated.
Overall build quality is decent especially considering the price.
Inflation speed is also ok and on a 175/60R14 it takes just under a minute to go from 25 to 35psi and about 4 minutes on my brother's city to go from 10psi to 30 psi on a 195/55R15 or 16 I can't remember, do the filling speed is adequate but it's not a powerhouse for sure. Noise level is acceptable. Cycle tyres of various sizes are inflated in seconds from nearly flat.
Overall I'm happy with my purchase but would see how it fares in a few months before recommending it to anyone.
Oh and I'm also trying to get an AC to 12v DC socket adapter so that I can use the pump directly from the garages wall socket mainly for the cycles and scooter. Can't find a decent one online and my electronics guy is trying to assemble one for me for under 1000 bucks. Another shop guy had a ready one but was asking for 2500 bucks for it which I felt was too much.
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 19:00   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderlover View Post
I recently purchased the TUSA Tyre Inflator from Amazon and Boy, I'm impressed.
Based on your feedback, I went ahead and just purchased the same and looks like a great product. Atleast first imression is really good. Light weight, compact, decent material, nice small bag, digital display, flash light etc.. and reasonable price. It showed 1 psi lesser than a guage that I have. But I am not sure whether it is my other guage which is not accurate. As long as it is consistent, I am fine.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20200829_160701.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20200829_160941.jpg
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 13:31   #792

I bought the Stanley 750 Amp 12V Jump Starter with LED torchlight, air compressor with digital readout, and USB charging. Nice and sturdy. It did work on my friend's Ford fusion, but it did not jump-start my Mercedes ML, which was fully drained, requiring the roadside assistance I was trying to avoid. The tool did fill up my tire once, but it took a long while and was noisy in the garage getting my neighbor all grumpy. And I have never used it to charge anything from its USB, nor have I used its torchlight feature.

My 2 cents: Do not buy tools that claim to do it all. Buy the best solution- air compressor.
Harvester03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 09:58   #793
BHPian

Just saw this product, haven't used or bought it.

Thought it might be useful, ultra compact !

https://store.mi.com/in/item/3202500016

I have used a couple three of products from this brand.
So far have been very satisfied with quality, workmanship, durability.
Old 6th September 2020, 10:24   #794
Senior - BHPian

I have been using the ResQTech tyre inflator since last few months. Previously, I had the Amazon Basics inflator which stopped functioning after 6 months, however the supplier refunded the money and then went for ResQTech.

Some pictures here:

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200612_123830.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200612_123902.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200612_123954.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200612_144200.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc09508.jpg

What I like this one is, the earlier one i.e Amazon basics inflator needs the car engine to be turned on to get the power on to the inflator. Whereas ResQTech need not turn the car engine ON. So, it is comfortable and convenient to inflate tyres without turning on the car engine. However, it is advised to inflate after the car engine is ON.

Sound - I realize both infaltors sounds are same

Heating: Even after inflating 6 tyres continuously one after another, there was hardly any heat on the motor. Of course, I need to pump only 6/7 PSI's on each tyre. Don't know how the situation when inflating one or more flat tyre's?
nairrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 18:09   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPetrolhead View Post
Overall a recommended product.
The Good :

I got this product in april 2019 and used it for nearly a year without any issues. I never inflated my car outside after getting this product, used this product for two wheelers, bicycles, footballs, etc, it was an amazing product.

The Bad :

One time I just gave it to my neighbor as he was having a flat tyre, I didn't check it after getting it back. While returning the neighbour praised about the product and asked the details & I shared with him the same.

When emergency struck me in the form of one of my deflating tyre, I connected it & was waiting for it to fill it up but instead the tyre became totally flat. Then my thorough checking showed me that the neighbor has wrong threaded the brass nozzle and now I am left with a damaged product which just deflates anything which I try to inflate.

The Moral :

Don't share any of your accessories to anybody who doesn't value it like their own, better don't share it (the best idea).

P.S :

Today also I roamed with that inflator to find a solution but all the local people doesn't have any idea about it. Only difference between the above product & mine is the hose is braided one & not plastic.I am yet to call the customer care on this issue, as I though that small part will be available locally.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200907_171835.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20200907_133356.jpg  

Thyag is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks