Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2022, 14:03   #916
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfury29 View Post
Hi, Did you receive your order ?
I just received the parcel a few moments ago. Haha. I will unbox it and use it today evening and share my opinion. Looks like I should deflate a tyre to see its air filling capacity as well. I will share my views tonight.
Old 8th February 2022, 20:15   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfury29 View Post
I'm also in need of a Tyre inflator. It would be great if you share your opinion.
So I tested the Woscher 802D model on my Maruti Suzuki S-Cross 1.5 petrol that comes with a 12V power socket rated at 120W. The power input of this tyre inflator is rated at 120W so this model is compatible with all cars (Some cars have a 120W power socket while others have a larger capacity 180W power socket).

I have been using a Bergmann Typhoon (referred as BT henceforth) 150W tyre inflator till date so I will be comparing these two models below.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dfe7852c348046a1ac31b8401d581a48.jpeg

Build quality:
Seems adequately built. The body is plastic so it is light weight, compact and easy to carry using the inbuilt plastic handle.
The BT on the other hand is made of metal body with a solid weight to it. It is said to have a pure copper compressor and I have no doubt about its construction.

Motor:
The motor made reasonable sound. Not more than the BT. I am not sure what it is made of as I did not bother checking out the specs (120W is all I saw).

Cord length is same as BT model. The pipe that goes towards the tyre is much smaller than BT but it is not an issue.

It has a digital gauge while BT has an analog gauge (digital model also available with auto cut off). I am not sure if digital gauge is prone to calibration error in future as compared to the analog needle one. The auto cut off stopped 1 PSI below set value the first time and 0.5 PSI below set value the second time.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-18794871fabf45c49879e655c0d0325a.jpeg

Time to fill 215/60R16 front tyre of the S-Cross:
I deflated the tyre completely and started filling air. The initial reading was 4.5PSI and the set value was 34 PSI. It auto cut off at 33PSI.
Time taken total: 7 minutes 33 seconds
Time taken (0 to 20PSI): 3 minute 24 seconds
Time taken from 20 to 34PSI): 4 minute 9 seconds

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-7e72bf7e48414982bc89f1dc1aa42af8.png

I am sure the BT is faster than this. Since the peak input is rated at 150W, I do not wish to repeat this experiment using the BT. Maybe I can just try the 20 to 34PSI part as I have done top ups in the past without issues using BT.

Longivity: I am not sure about that. The BT is with me since 2018. Among those BT owners who faced issues, the commonest one is the pipe getting spliced near the base. If one is careful while storing it, I am sure this can be minimized.

Misc points:
The user manual says that do not run more than 30 mins continuously. I would recommend not using it beyond 8-10 minutes continously and a 5 minute break should be fine for the sake of not making these overwork.
Standard warranty is 1 year and a positive feedback on Amazon/Flipkart gives one year extended warranty. The inflator must be transported to the dealer by the owner though so I think warranty makes no sense. Transportation/shipping charges by Bluedart etc are insane for such items in general.

Final thoughts:
Recommended for a 120W tyre inflator need. It works well. Long term reliability can be told by those who are using it since few years.

For those who are ok with any tyre inflator upto 180W, I would still recommend the BT 150W model because of its metal body and slightly quicker filling capability (its 25% more powerful at 150W). But wont be as compatible with Maruti cars and some other cars having a 120W socket.
PaddleShifter is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:33   #918
BHPian

Hello fellow bhpian,

Facing a strange issue with Tusa tyre inflator, the inflator show a reading even without connecting to the tyre (ideally it should show 0), Did anyone else face this issue? And any pointers on how you got it resolved.

In parallel I am trying to reach customer care (as the product is in warranty) to see if it related to some fuse or something.

Appreciate any inputs
SideView
Old 22nd May 2022, 12:16   #919
Senior - BHPian

Got the Xiaomi Portable Air Compressor 1S from mi.com for Rupees 2999/-

It’s really compact, charges quite fast and one charge is enough for four car and two motorcycle tyres before the red light (low battery) starts blinking.

Really simple to use, set the desired air pressure on the device, screw in the valve, it will show the current pressure once screwed in completely. Press the start button, it will fill the air to the desired/set pressure and stop on its own.

No visits to the pump or standing in line for air pressure checks and mainly the correct reading every time.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-14e157d9be684265b267fbd26337eb30.jpeg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-530056efcfc14c0f87e52b369e47ddab.jpeg

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 23:15   #920
BHPian

My windek air compressor adaptor which goes in to cigarette lighter in car was damaged. So I cut the cable to add a new adaptor. But I couldn't understand which is positive/negative wire for the compressor.

Now my plan is to make some USB type arrangement and connect it to cigarette lighter.

My question is which cable will connect positive terminal of USB or adaptor?
Attached Images

Old 25th May 2022, 01:23   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
My windek air compressor adaptor which goes in to cigarette lighter in car was damaged. So I cut the cable to add a new adaptor. But I couldn't understand which is positive/negative wire for the compressor.

Now my plan is to make some USB type arrangement and connect it to cigarette lighter.

My question is which cable will connect positive terminal of USB or adaptor?
Red one generally is positive others like green are neutral. If both are of same colour, use multimeter. Attach the black prong(-ve) to the negative of electricity socket and with the red prong test both wires. The hot wire will move the multimeter to 220V. If you don't have multimter take it to any electrical shop they will tell you and for a little amount will join the new adaptor.
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 07:10   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
My windek air compressor adaptor which goes in to cigarette lighter in car was damaged. So I cut the cable to add a new adaptor.
I had the same issue with my air compressor. I checked with many of the local stores and none of them had the male plug adaptor. Finally I ended up buying it from Amazon (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...C7KX5SRQ&psc=1) and got it fixed from local electrician.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 10:13   #923

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Got the Xiaomi Portable Air Compressor 1S from mi.com for Rupees 2999/-

It’s really compact, charges quite fast and one charge is enough for four car and two motorcycle tyres before the red light (low battery) starts blinking.

Cheers
This is really a practical one due to several reasons which I faced in the past.

1. Accessibility for the wired ones can be sometimes difficult with the wires connected while in use
2. No need to turn ON (start engine of) the vehicle while using it
3. Portable nature helps to use it even during my bike rides, as long as we ensure the device is charged!
4. This can be used for other silly purposes like inflating a ball or cycle tire

/Govind
Govind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 22:47   #924

Shall we order the Portronics Vayu Tyre inflator having 4000 mAh battery (double the capacity of Mi S1). Hope those having Mi S1 can compare the specs and guide which one should serve me better. As of now, I am inclined towards Vayu.
dhingrasud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 21:00   #925
BHPian

As of today in the market, what is the best tyre inflator/deflator that I can buy? I am not concerned about the size as long as it fits in my Harrier.
Some of them that I've come across are
1. Bergmann Typhoon Heavy Duty
2. Tusa Digital Air Compressor
3. Michelin Analog Single/Double Barrel Foot Pump
4. Amazon Basics Compact Portable Digital Tyre Inflator
5. Michelin 12266/12262

Any other model/brand that can consider? Suggestions and recommendations are highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Livnletcarsliv : 4th July 2022 at 21:10.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 21:24   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
I have this - one with digital readings and man, this thing did ditch me once. It was summers and temperature was around 48 degrees. I had to refill one of the rear tyres as its pressure was around 18 PSI or so. It worked fine till 23-24PSI then it automatically turned off with a weird noise from motor and then again when I tried after restarting it worked for about a minute, then again same thing repeated.

Didn't get to use it after that incident. I don't know if it's my model specific defect or temperature issues, but this thing isn't bulletproof. Just like with other Chinese products, YMMV.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 21:57   #927
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.. what is the best tyre inflator/deflator that I can buy?
Michelin, may be ?

Also check boodmo - they were having an inflator listed.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 21:29   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Which one should i go for my WagonR which has 120w accessory socket, it will be used 3 to 4 times a month.
Thanks for posting the Boodmo link. I came across this video on YouTube which very systematically compares 4 leading tyre inflators available in India - TUSA, Bergmann, Windek 1902 and Woscher 802D. Although TUSA is the best, I guess I'll go with Woscher on Boodmo.

yashg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 08:18   #929
BHPian

I am planning to buy a tyre inflator in the upcoming online sale. Which brand / model would you swear by in terms of hassle free long term use (with a goal that should last for at least 4-5 years) ?

I am seeing a lot of low rated recent reviews on Tusa inflater on Amazon, but the recent reviews on Woscher appear to be much better.

Can anybody comment on either, based on your personal experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I have been using the ResQTech tyre inflator since last few months. Previously, I had the Amazon Basics inflator which stopped functioning after 6 months, however the supplier refunded the money and then went for ResQTech.
Hi nairrk, I saw that you had got a ResQTech inflator a couple of years back. How has been your experience with this in terms of usage, and after sales support ( or warranty support, if needed)?

If there's anybody else who has used this product, please feel free to share your feedback.

ResQtech Heavy Duty Digital Tyre Inflator ( RSQ-AC102)

https://resqtech.in/product/resqtech...tor-rsq-ac102/

Last edited by Aditya : 5th August 2022 at 17:58. Reason: Back to back posts merged
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 22:16   #930
BHPian

Quote:
As of today in the market, what is the best tyre inflator/deflator that I can buy?
Some of them that I've come across are
2. Tusa Digital Air Compressor
3. Michelin Analog Single/Double Barrel Foot Pump
4. Amazon Basics Compact Portable Digital Tyre Inflator
5. Michelin 12266/12262

Any other model/brand that can consider?
Thanks in advance.
I too was in the market for another tyre inflator. Have a Windek since 2016 and touchwood it's still working with no issues.

The toss up was between Bergmann and Tusa after I eliminated the Michelin purely due to the high price.

Decided to go with the Bergmann due to the metal body even though I'm not sure with the 150w it requires how well it's going to work on the Baleno 120w socket.
I just assumed that it won't be working so hard so as to use it's full rated power requirement. I can be wrong though as I don't know if that's how these things work.

Also the Tusa does not have a screw in type connector which is quite convenient- however in the past such connectors on the foot pump would come loose under pressure so didn't take a chance.
Gupts007 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks