Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2022, 10:51   #946
BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
If it is in warranty, raise a claim and ask for replacement. Don't tamper with the wires if warranty still stands. Your pump is faulty.
Thank you friend yes the pump is only 5 days old which was ordered from www.boodmo.com the pump is in return period so I have put a request for replacement of the pump as per your suggestion.
Thanks dear

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th October 2022 at 11:04. Reason: Quote content trimmed
Old 10th October 2022, 09:59   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Once you receive the product, please let us know if the package contains any tempting additional offers that coax you into giving a high online rating for additional goodies, cash etc.

One of my friends in the US had told me that he found an offer for $20 voucher for a 5 star rating for a product he got on Amazon, hence a bit cautious about online only vendors.
I received the product and used it twice. The motor is powerful and is capable of filling air quickly on the Honda BRV tyres. The wire length I feel should have been a bit longer. I am doubtful if it would be tight for cars like Innova to fill the rear wheel tyres. The display is bright and clear. Yes, you are right Ajay. What happened is like this. After receiving the product, the box contained a black colour card asking to register as a VIP club member. I learnt from the reviews that I needed to register my product on their website to be able to claim one additional year's warranty. As soon as I did that, in the next screen they said you have won a surprise gift, which is a magnetic mobile holder. I have to WhatsApp to a number and then attach a copy of the bill, my address and a screenshot of the review I posted on Amazon. They did not ask to provide any positive or negative feedback. I gave a 4 star. The carrying case provided with it is pretty tight and winding and unwinding of the wire from the products storage chamber is time taking. I am not using the case now, it is kind of useless for me. As informed, they shared the details that the free gift was sent by Delhivery courier. I tracked it and on Sunday I found that it was delivered, but I didn't receive it. I received an OTP as well, but no one called me to verify that. I informed the same to the WhatsApp number but no response after that.

Last edited by indranilmuk : 10th October 2022 at 10:03. Reason: One information missing
indranilmuk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 03:14   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indranilmuk View Post
As informed, they shared the details that the free gift was sent by Delhivery courier. I tracked it and on Sunday I found that it was delivered, but I didn't receive it. I received an OTP as well, but no one called me to verify that. I informed the same to the WhatsApp number but no response after that.
TUSA asked me through WhatsApp if I have received the free gift. Once I said I didn't and requested them to check with the courier, they were silent
So, I myself went ahead and raised a complaint after downloading and activating the Delhivery app on my mobile. With that, I got a response from Delhivery that they are looking into it, meanwhile they want me to share my contact number and alternate contact number. Once I did that, the same day a person called me and said he had put the product in a delivery box near our security gate. I said both myself and the security searched all boxes for hours. He said he will check and get back. After a couple of hours he called me again and said Sir, it is in the delivery box. I asked him to kindly come and hand it over to me by visiting my flat. He did that and I received the item. As asked for an ID proof as he needs to update it to his company. I shared my DL and he took a photo of that. So, finally I received a surprise gift that I would have never bought myself The magnetic mobile AC vent holder looks impressive, but I am afraid of whether the mobile would slip down on bad patched roads. I am not sure if I should take that risk or not.
If I do, I will keep you posted of the mobile holder as well.
Old 18th October 2022, 18:30   #949
BHPian

I happened to buy tis model named TIREWELL TW-7001. It was cheap at close to 1800/- but so was the performance. Item died its natural death in 3 months. I did not try to raise warranty issue either. May i request if someone can post a reliable model or provid a link for same. Grateful.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-useless.jpg
his-xc-lnc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 21:05   #950
Distinguished - BHPian

Woscher tyre inflator:

Limited-time deal: Woscher Pro Power 802D Digital Car Tyre Inflator Air Pump with Digital Display, Auto Shutoff https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07K5KV9V4/...YAVMVK9Y578VPJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Thanks for this. I didn't need this, because my years old resqtech and Windek were still working fine. But hey, shiny Digital thingy!!
No, actually, matching up pressures used to take a long time in the analog versions, so I guess this should take care of that problem.

Incidentally, this is the fastest I've ever bought anything, even from a store. I ordered at 1130 am, and received it at 230 pm. It would have taken me longer to drive out and get it from a local store!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
3 Month review after about 10 top-ups.
0-2 PSI topups take about 30 seconds per tyre.
The unit cuts off at input given, but the TPMS shows 33.5 for 32 on the unit. SO, i have started with the units set to 31. TPMS then shows 32-32.5.

Overall, happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
May i request if someone can post a reliable model or provid a link for same. Grateful.

Attachment 2369810

Over a year of constant use, and is still going strong.
Recommended.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 16:24   #951
BHPian

I have purchased an iGrid portable tyre inflator for bikes and cars, this one found to be better when flow is considered. Found to be very useful and it is Lithium ion battery powered. I had Mi in my mind and have seen my friend’s Mi portable tyre inflator. But when I saw Portronics tyre inflator which is nothing but the same as of iGrid, labelled differently, it looks like (all functionalities are same) and it fills air faster than my friend’s Mi. So I went ahead and purchased iGrid as Portronics was unavailable on Amazon.

More details are my posted video below, where I have shown in practical and it’s accuracy of measurement which I have re measured using an accurate tyre pressure gauge:

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 25th October 2022 at 16:26.
yogeshnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 18:33   #952
BHPian

I have a windek portable tyre inflator bought in 2017 and working fine. The only pain point I have is screwing and unscrewing the pipe to the tyre nozzle. I see that some inflators come with a clip type connector so that we can attach/detach the tube to the tyre quickly.

Does anyone have used any adaptor to convert screw type connector to clip on type?
Old 25th October 2022, 20:34   #953
Senior - BHPian

My trusted LIMI Tyre Inflator of decade (bought in Dec 2011) gave up end of last year due to a simple problem which has been pretty big to resolve. Even LIMI is quoting very high to give spare part to make it working. We see these ditto inflators online as Windek or Amazon branded.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20180312_21_58_53_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20180312_21_59_21_pro.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20210703_202347.jpg

The problem is essentially the Piston Washer gone kaput.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20210703_202513.jpg

Has been an impossible task to find a matching washer to make it functional again. Rest of machinery is working absolutely fine.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20210303_081943.jpg

Finally bought this guy about an year back

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has been working fine so far.

The quality seems pretty similar to LIMI and the nozzle is especially of damn sturdy quality.

But the big problem is the nozzle is quite a bit long and leaks pressure quite a lot while screwing and unscrewing on the tyre valve.

Thereby, I keep about 2 points up to adjust for the air blow leak while unscrewing the nozzle and having observed it to be bit under inflated compared to fuel pump gauges.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20211103_125916.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20211103_140212.jpg

Also bought this costly but very good quality power adapter for usage at home or elsewhere other than car.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20211103_130150.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20211103_130312.jpg

Additionally bought few months back this clip on nozzle to avoid the nozzle problem. It is costly, but damn good heavy quality, made of brass.

Working like a charm and its a breeze to plug unplug inflator now.

https://www.amazon.in/Inflator-Conne...d_bap_d_rp_1_i

parsh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:24   #954
BHPian

Came across this 4-in-1 Inflator on indiegogo. Quite interesting product.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/l...ower-station#/
What they say:
1. PM4-12 can pump up to 4 tires from empty to full based on a complete battery
2. Peak current is 1500A, with a 12000mAh battery and a QC3.0 18W outlet
3. Wide use range with cars, motorcycles, bikes, basketballs and so on.
Wish something similar is made by a renowned brand like Michelin etc.
Attached Images

ramotra3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 23:46   #955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramotra3 View Post
Came across this 4-in-1 Inflator on indiegogo. ...
Might be brilliant, but seems to me to be such a solved problem with so many different products available, that I'd stay away from crowd-sourced gadgets.

Added to which, the only time I tried buying like this in recent years, an audio gadget, the deal seamed good, but I was stung by import duty of nearly 100%. At double the price, the deal was very from good!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 10:21   #956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quick Review of "AmazonBasics Compact Portable Digital Tyre Inflator with Carrying Case"

I am using a Michelin Air Compressor (Michelin 3140C) since 2016 and very happy with that. This model is no longer available and is replaced by newer Michelin models. But nevertheless, it still works well and and I am happily using it regularly. Here is the Amazon link for the product details, although it is not available any more: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00X74QYQ0

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-michelin3140c.jpg

I top off air in the tyres of my two cars every couple of weeks depending on my long drives and the driving conditions. For that, this compressor has been working very well without a single issue in 6 years of regular use.

However, I was using the same compressor for two cars, and it was a pain to frequently move it from one car to another. So decided to buy one more air compressor, so that I will have one in each car permanently.

This time, just to try it out, I got this AmazonBasics unit: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B074DDJFTH

The main reason I got this is because it is quite compact, and will take less space in the boot. Also, recently, I have had a good experience with a few AmazonBasics products and have started to trust this as a brand!

This unit is indeed quite compact. It comes in a nice case (something that I did not get with my old Michelin unit), and is has a nice square shape which makes it much easier to carry and store (in contrast, the Michelin unit has a very odd shape that makes it hard to store in a bag).

See how compact this unit is (I have a kept a pen in the picture to give an idea of the size):
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20221202_184826.jpg

Comes in a nice case and the square shape makes it easy to carry/store:
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20221202_184324.jpg

I have used it a couple of times so far, and so far very happy with this unit. A short summary below:

Positives:
  • Very compact in size and nice square shape makes it easy to store in the car. It is quite light in weight too.
  • Comes with a nice case.
  • Not very noisy. Definitely less noisy than my old Michelin unit.
  • Does not vibrate much. I could easily hold this unit in my hand (it is that compact and lightweight) when filling the air.
  • Fills air quite fast. From 30psi to 32.5psi was very fast, in what felt like no time at all. I do not know how fast it will be for 0-32psi or so, but hopefully that would be a very rare need.
  • Has a built-in LED light that is very useful in the dark.
  • The cable is long enough to reach all four tyres easily, when plugged into the 12V socket near the gear lever in the car.
Negatives:
  • The pressure reading display (the small LCD display) is not backlit. It is virtually impossible to see the pressure values in the dark (such as in a poorly lit basement). But for daylight use, there is no problem. In contrast, my old Michelin unit has a nice backlit display.
  • The compactness means that at the back, there is a very small compartment/hole where the wound up cable is stored. Once I took the cable out, I find it hard to wind that up so tightly to fit it back there. Putting the long cable back in that tiny compartment is certainly a pain.
I have no idea about reliability or longevity of this unit yet, since I just got it. Will use it for some time and let us see. But definitely happy with this purchase for now.

It is a very nice compact unit that works well, and is also very reasonably priced, at around Rs. 2,500 to Rs. 2,800 depending on the Amazon deals from time to time.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 9th December 2022 at 10:43.
Dr.AD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 12:25   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
My trusted LIMI Tyre Inflator of decade (bought in Dec 2011) gave up end of last year due to a simple problem which has been pretty big to resolve. Even LIMI is quoting very high to give spare part to make it working. We see these ditto inflators online as Windek or Amazon branded.

Finally bought this guy about an year back

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has been working fine so far.

Attachment 2371780

Attachment 2371781
Extremely disappointed to report that the very good sturdy looking Tyrewell Inflator with sturdy Brass Screw On plug (TIREWELL TW-7001 12V Digital Tyre Inflator Auto Cutoff Portable Air Compressor with LED Light and 3 Different Nozzle (TW-7001)) bought just an year back has gone kaput as of today morning while topping up air on first tyre itself.

Extremely disappointing to see it go bad so soon. From the noise of it, I reckon, it is the same problem of Piston Washer degraded so soon and jammed inside. While it lasted almost a decade on my LIMI inflator, this one gave up in infancy.

Have tried to raise issue on Amazon to the seller, although as per the terms, warranty of 1 year is over just a month back as I checked the invoice.

We have other inflators in other cars from Windek, 1902, quite similar rather ditto to my old LIMI which is still working fine since many years.

Time to scout for better ones. LIMI sells in shops for about Rs 2500/- last I seen at CARAX Pune.

Potential candidates I may buy now

Woscher Pro Power 802D Digital Car Tyre Inflator
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07K5KV9V4/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

WINDEK 1902 Digital Tyre Inflator
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0156M173A/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Last edited by parsh : 15th December 2022 at 12:27.
Old 18th December 2022, 10:07   #958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Extremely disappointed to report that the very good sturdy looking Tyrewell Inflator with sturdy Brass Screw On plug (TIREWELL TW-7001 12V Digital Tyre Inflator Auto Cutoff Portable Air Compressor with LED Light and 3 Different Nozzle (TW-7001)) bought just an year back has gone kaput as of today morning while topping up air on first tyre itself...

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B078NPHN43/...v_ov_lig_dp_it
There is still no response from Tirewell support email or tel contact.

What has gone wrong with this inflator

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20221217_200448.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20221217_202509.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20221217_202517.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20221217_202602.jpg

It is difficult to fathom how do these companies test or use such critical failing components. Rest of the motor, sensors, pressurised air pumping all working fine as tested by holding firmly parts together. The piston looks solid though unlike LIMI inflator. Trying to find spare part or how to glue them together and hold them firmly together.

Last edited by parsh : 18th December 2022 at 10:10.
Old 19th December 2022, 17:39   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
I happened to buy tis model named TIREWELL TW-7001. It was cheap at close to 1800/- but so was the performance. Item died its natural death in 3 months. I did not try to raise warranty issue either. May i request if someone can post a reliable model or provid a link for same. Grateful.

Attachment 2369810
I had communication with the Tirewell person on WhatsApp for my inflator. Mine is out of warranty and they can't provision spare part as it is an imported unit as a whole.

If yours is still under warranty, you can contact them, send them the item and they will send back brand new replacement piece. You should be able to courier using India Post easily. However, do all the process only after communication with them alongwith your invoice.

https://www.tirewell.in/product-category/tyre-inflator/

Contact Number
+91-9313132789

Quote:
Please send back the inflator to us on Allin exporters C-38 Sector-63 Noida -201301 UP , we will replace it
Old 27th December 2022, 23:05   #960
Senior - BHPian

Finally bought the ResQtech MC01 Tyre Inflator from their site only, comes at Rs 999/- with free shipping and no question asked 1 year warranty as they told me. It costs more on Amazon, sold by them only.

https://resqtech.in/product/resqtech...tor-rsq-ac101/

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20221224_153349.jpg

Feels absolutely handy tool, fits in palm, comes with really useful plug and play cables for various vehicles and 2 adapters.

Issues:
- unsure reliability of the switch which is already loosening,
- unsure reliability of the screw on valve which is feeling loose and keeps on rotating even after screwing on the tyre valve fully, feels like it will come off soon
- the air tube is utterly short when tightening on the tyre valve
- stuffing back the cable in its tiny holding compartment is a pain
- the heavy duty brass clip-on adapter I have is useless now with this as it does not fit properly, the inflator's valve just keep rotating, leaks air while filling and have to keep holding in angle to not leak the air
- incorrect pressure gauge

Last edited by parsh : 27th December 2022 at 23:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks