Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2011, 00:05   #121
BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Thanks for the info sagarpadaki.

Would be great if you could tell me,
how long its gonna take to fill the air completely on a deflated tyre using this (assuming person is continuously foot pumping, without getting tired )?
Also, how much it costs in India?
Old 11th March 2011, 10:49   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
Thanks for the info sagarpadaki.

Would be great if you could tell me,
how long its gonna take to fill the air completely on a deflated tyre using this (assuming person is continuously foot pumping, without getting tired )?
Also, how much it costs in India?
I have not tried to fill in a fully deflated tire but it fills up a inflated tire pretty fast.also the stand on which it lies is very good.it grips the surface pretty well and does not jump around in recoil as most pumps do.you can mail michelin india to find out the cost or its availability in your city.
Old 11th March 2011, 11:48   #123
BHPian

I am also interested in the Michelin foot pump. I will try emailing Michelin India today to find out more about it. In the meanwhile, if anybody does find out about its cost and availability, please post here. Thanks.
Old 13th March 2011, 00:52   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
I have soldered the wires back & the contraption's working now, I've also added a switch near the motor. This "compressor" could've been packaged much much better. It's as sophisticated as a child's toy & I don't think it deserves its asking price of ~ Rs. 600...
Even looking at the exteriour quality, it does not seem to be worth 600. But some sellers are selling at bit lower on eBay.in at least.

Quote:
The piston was very lightly greased, & it was the cylinder itself (more than the motor) which was getting hot. I've now lubricated the piston with lithium grease & done away with the cowling, it appears to be working much quieter & cooler now.
Hmmm... if thats all it took to make it quiter and cooler, then shame on the manufacturers for not doing it. But really, how long will the grease adhere to the piston/cylinder? Does not sound remotely reliable for even moderate amount of use. But users like sgiitk have reported 5 ish years life, which sounds li'l reassuring. But that will depend on how much time it runs in that time.
Old 13th March 2011, 01:04   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Does not sound remotely reliable for even moderate amount of use. But users like sgiitk have reported 5 ish years life, which sounds li'l reassuring. But that will depend on how much time it runs in that time.
Mine is still working after 5 years. Only use it for emergencies though. Bought from ebay for some 750 bucks or so.
Old 13th March 2011, 02:08   #126
Senior - BHPian

^^^Thats might be the catch. I need one that will at least keep 8 tyres topped up. Don't know if this li'l thing will be upto it...
Old 13th March 2011, 12:59   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^Thats might be the catch. I need one that will at least keep 8 tyres topped up. Don't know if this li'l thing will be upto it...
No, this is not a replacement to the regular top-ups from petrol pumps. Use it for emergencies and it will serve you good.
Old 13th March 2011, 13:12   #128
BHPian

I think only the Tropicool one looks sturdy and can be used for regular use. But it is almost 5 times the price of a normal cheapo one. Anybody has any experience with it? Good part is it has 1 year replacement warranty. I desperately need an inflator for regular use (once in two weeks or so).
Old 13th March 2011, 13:41   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
I am also interested in the Michelin foot pump. I will try emailing Michelin India today to find out more about it. In the meanwhile, if anybody does find out about its cost and availability, please post here. Thanks.
Here you go:
Find Your Merchandizing Items / Michelin Boutique / About Michelin / Home - www.michelin.in

Price: Rs 3190/-
Old 13th March 2011, 14:38   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Here you go:
Thanks for the link.
Here in Paris, Pricing is good (30 EUR). Also, this looks sturdy and reliable than other foot pumps.
I will be getting one while coming back to india
Old 13th March 2011, 14:58   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
That is super expensive. Around Rs. 3190/- for the foot pump and another 2440/- for the pressure gauge. The Tropicool powered inflator looks better for Rs. 3200/-. What do you guys think?
Old 13th March 2011, 15:09   #132
AWD
BHPian

~3k for a foot pump is robbery! One can get such items for ~200/- in market. Ofcourse there's difference is quality but 3k is just too steep.
Old 13th March 2011, 17:38   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
That is super expensive. Around Rs. 3190/- for the foot pump and another 2440/- for the pressure gauge. The Tropicool powered inflator looks better for Rs. 3200/-. What do you guys think?
Michelin foot pump comes with a Pressure gauge.
Old 13th March 2011, 17:51   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
Michelin foot pump comes with a Pressure gauge.
......and will last a lifetime.

I was going to get one. But unknowingly after driving around for a month with 4 nails in my tubeless tyre I gave up on the plan. Tubeless tyres always give you a distance of at least 100+ kms to drive before losing air. So pump not really needed in my case.
Old 14th March 2011, 02:40   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
No, this is not a replacement to the regular top-ups from petrol pumps. Use it for emergencies and it will serve you good.
I need it for regular use... else its of li'l use to me. Anyway, my usage will not be frequent as I need to top up only once in 2 months or so in case of car and maybe once a month for bikes. Lets see how it handles that...

Its too much hassle to fill in petrol pumps. Besides I usually go late, and even in 24 hr bunks the air is never available for 24 hrs. Often they simply shut it down at 6 to 8 pm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks