Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2017, 21:48   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnjdnght View Post
I got my Michelin MN 12266 inflator delivered today from Amazon. The instructions seem to have a note of caution - "Do not use for filling space saver tyres". A lot of cars these days have space saver donut tyres. I have one too. I am not able to deduce why they would have such a caution. Would love to hear from you all about reasons, experiences etc. Thanks in advance.
Perhaps they mean that it should not be used on the space saver while it is in the boot and not mounted on the car. There will be a difference of pressure which could lead to tyre failure eg if you fill 30psi in the boot, once its mounted and cars weight comes on it, it could go up to 50 psi and so on
Old 27th September 2017, 17:49   #677
Senior - BHPian

Currently I have a coido inflator which works off 12v DC.

http://www.coido.com/english/01_prod...ail.php?AID=60

using it since last couple of years.

The gauge is wayyyy off on this thing, typically by 10 psi. So during topup fills I have to check using a slime analog tire pressure gauge which gives good accurate readings.
Old 27th September 2017, 18:23   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Does the Resqtech PSI reading match with Michelin gauge?
Sorry, never saw that question as it was not notified by an email !
Yes, Michelin shows the same value as ResQtech, I tried only on 2 cars, both were same. Today I also cross checked with the vehicle information display of Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, it was 100% accurate to what Michelin showed. Happy with the purchase and highly recommend it !
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 14:20   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Yes, Michelin shows the same value as ResQtech, I tried only on 2 cars, both were same. Today I also cross checked with the vehicle information display of Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, it was 100% accurate to what Michelin showed. Happy with the purchase and highly recommend it !
Assuring to know Resqtech reading is pretty accurate 👍Thanks for the feedback.
Old 28th September 2017, 16:01   #680
BHPian

Just bought the Michelin 12266 last week and it seems great so far. Expensive compared to the rest but this seems to be a proven product abroad as well (from all the google search and youtube videos) and that prompted me to go ahead.
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-mich1.jpg  

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-mich-2.jpg  

rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 16:29   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Currently I have a coido inflator which works off 12v DC.

http://www.coido.com/english/01_prod...ail.php?AID=60

using it since last couple of years.

The gauge is wayyyy off on this thing, typically by 10 psi. So during topup fills I have to check using a slime analog tire pressure gauge which gives good accurate readings.
I'm also using same tire inflator since a year or so. It is working flawlessly, albeit, a shaky & errorful pressure meter gauge on it.

I'm overcoming this error by using seperate digital tire pressure gauge.
Old 30th September 2017, 18:07   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
2. MGA Tyre Pressure Gauge-Part No. 990J0M999W0-040 MRP Rs.490/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
The dealer told my dad that these come in lose packing. The LCD display is quite scratched, and am not sure if a used piece has been handed over to my dad. We have been billed 450 bucks for it.

While i have not yet tested it, not sure if it is worth the hassle of returning the same.

Cheers
Ajay
Shashi & Ajay,
How this MGA Tyre Pressure Gauge is performing?

Since ‘Pricol’ and ‘Yankee’ do not make any tyre pressure gauge and Tire-tek etc are very costly to import, I am thinking to buy this MGA product instead of China made products from Amazon/ Snepdael.
Old 30th September 2017, 18:12   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Shashi & Ajay,

Since ‘Pricol’ and ‘Yankee’ do not make any tyre pressure gauge and Tire-tek etc are very costly to import, I am thinking to buy this MGA product instead of China made products from Amazon/ Snepdael.
Its working great. Just had to replace batteries once, few days ago, when the readout became weak. The batteries are easily available in any watch repair shop.

Price has probably increased by 50 or 100 rupees I guess. And please ensure that you get in a closed box. Many dealers are known to sell loose and used stuff.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 19:39   #684
Distinguished - BHPian

A New Thought
(To me, at least)

What would be the cost of a small compressor, as in real compressor with tank, that would do other stuff than just fill tyres? This would almost certainly be mains powered and house-based, not at all portable. It would be a nifty thing to have, right?

Along with this thought, I'm also thinking that there are dangers that go with compressed air and its equipment, pipes, etc. So is this something anyone would do here, for their home? Or has done?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 20:03   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
A New Thought
(To me, at least)

What would be the cost of a small compressor, as in real compressor with tank, that would do other stuff than just fill tyres? This would almost certainly be mains powered and house-based, not at all portable. It would be a nifty thing to have, right?

Along with this thought, I'm also thinking that there are dangers that go with compressed air and its equipment, pipes, etc. So is this something anyone would do here, for their home? Or has done?
Well, the thought did cross my mind.
The reason being I practice carpentry as a hobby, and there are quite a few tools available which use compressed air (paint sprayer, nailer etc). Would have been a 2 in 1 equipment for me.
But after much deliberation I moved over, as we have an open garage on the ground level (means the compressor would have to be put inside), and my workshop is on the 2nd floor level attic, so the distance is big, and I was not sure about running lines that long.
Using a airless HVLP sprayer for my DIY painting needs.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 14:08   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Its working great.
Thanks for quick response.

How you ensured the calibration? What difference you found between ‘digital air compressors’ at fuel stations and this?

Is there any source of on line purchasing?

Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 19:54   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for quick response.

How you ensured the calibration? What difference you found between ‘digital air compressors’ at fuel stations and this?

Is there any source of on line purchasing?

Thanks
Never felt the need of any calibration. I use it once every month or two, and for a frequency that low, I never felt any need of calibration. I have that air inflator and a couple of other gauges too, always felt the MGA one has been very accurate.

Regarding air inflators at fuel stations, atleast in my city, they are all very inaccurate and most of the time fill inconsistent amount of air. Plus one should always check or inflate tyres when it is cold, and they never remain cold by the time I reach any fuel station. I have stopped using them since 2011 I guess.

You can purchase the MGA gauge at any Maruti or NEXA dealership in your city. Never saw an online link for the same.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 11:38   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Shashi & Ajay,
Have not been using mine. I end up losing a psi or two before the pressure shows on the display. I have a heavy duty resqtech inflator that has a digital display so use that instead.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 13:50   #689
Senior - BHPian

I bought Windek 1902 Digital Tyre Inflator at 1650/- from industrybuying.com. It has auto shut off, the digital pressure reading, inbuilt storage for cable & air pipe, LED torch etc. I bought this six month back but never used it. My neighbours are aware that I own a portable tyre inflator and all of them use it regularly. It is a small but powerful device. It topped up my neighbour's Toyota Fortuner's flat tyre in 12 seconds.

It is the best buy at industrybuying.com at 1426/-.

http://www.industrybuying.com/tyre-i...yre%20Inflator
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 15:34   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
A New Thought
(To me, at least)

I too had thought of it but abandoned the idea.

Actually I can get a secondhand small compressor (pressure up to 100 psi) at Rs. 2500. I have a place too in my house. But this gadget won't be useful on outstation trips. That is the sole reason I did not go for it.

I do not see any safety issue since I regularly use compressed air in the industry.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed