Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2017, 22:58   #691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Plus one should always check or inflate tyres when it is cold, and they never remain cold by the time I reach any fuel station.
Nitrogen doesn't get that heated up I guess. So for people like me who fill up only nitrogen, there is no alternative than going to a fuel station to inflate tyres.

Though I do carry a small foot pump to help out flat tyre till I could reach a puncture shop.
Old 6th November 2017, 13:23   #692
BHPian

Help : Coido Air Compressor

I have been using a Coido 6312D Fully Automatic Tyre Inflator since Aug 2015.

https://www.amazon.in/Coido-6312D-Au...keywords=coido

Last week while topping up my car, it showed up with a problem. When we press the ON/OFF switch, the air pump switches ON but immediately dies in same way as the automatic cut off works.

I tried by setting the desired pressure to much higher value - 38 but still it cant be steady in the ON state, immediately the auto cut-off happens.

Has anyone faced similar issue in their air compressor? Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance,
Rajat
Old 7th November 2017, 10:41   #693
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
Has anyone faced similar issue in their air compressor?
Have experienced similar behavior in Windek unit. Workaround that I used was to press On/Off button at different points & keep it pressed to let inflator pump air into tyre. Please check if this workaround works in your case.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 10:53   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Have experienced similar behavior in Windek unit. Workaround that I used was to press On/Off button at different points & keep it pressed to let inflator pump air into tyre. Please check if this workaround works in your case.
Thanks. I will try again.
I also tried similarly and kept the switch pressed but the compressor dies down :(
Old 7th November 2017, 11:00   #695
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijayakrishnan View Post
Nitrogen doesn't get that heated up I guess. So for people like me who fill up only nitrogen, there is no alternative than going to a fuel station to inflate tyres.

Though I do carry a small foot pump to help out flat tyre till I could reach a puncture shop.
It is not the Nitrogen, but the moisture which is the culprit. Water vapour expands a lot with heat. It was a big problem since when service stations were in vogue, the compressor used to work in a very damp environment. Things are much better now. So I do not use nitrogen, or rater I use 70%+ Nitrogen (ie Air). What I do is to use my own electric pump at home.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 08:30   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
Thanks. I will try again.
I also tried similarly and kept the switch pressed but the compressor dies down :(
The Air Compressor is working fine. The problem is with its meter which has gone faulty and shows higher air pressure. As a result, the automatic cut-off gets triggered prematurely. So the workaround for me is to set a much higher target pressure, say 40 PSI and check with a separate and reliable gauge.

Thanks.
rajatmakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 16:24   #697
Senior - BHPian

I have a basic query. I have a foot pump. When I fill in the air in my bicycle tire, sometimes while removing the pipe from the tire, it gets stuck and removes all the air from the tire in progress! Very comedic to viewers and frustrating to me.

It has some lock that looks like this:

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-414njg4shxl.jpg

How should it be used? I connect it as it looks in the picture, bend the pin so that it locks, and after the air is filled, I unbend the pin to make it straight and remove it. Am I doing it right?
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 16:32   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Very comedic to viewers
If you were closer, I'd come and watch!
Quote:
How should it be used? I connect it as it looks in the picture, bend the pin so that it locks, and after the air is filled, I unbend the pin to make it straight and remove it. Am I doing it right?
I'm sure you're doing it right, yes. It may indeed be funny to watch, but I feel your frustration and sympathise. Do you give it a bit of twist after opening the lever? Maybe you have to pull harder?

But... If it was me, I'd be worried to pull too hard, as damaging the tyre valve would be a real pain in the neck.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 16:38   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
When I fill in the air in my bicycle tire, sometimes while removing the pipe from the tire, it gets stuck and removes all the air from the tire in progress!
Which valve does bicycle tube use? This behavior is quite common with Dunlop valve if one doesn't pull out quickly, not so common with Schrader/Presta valves.

Quote:
Am I doing it right?
You are doing it correctly, just do it quicker.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 18:41   #700
BHPian

So finally went ahead and ordered the Windex 1902 based on the feedback shared in this thread.

https://www.amazon.in/Windek-RCP_AL1...=tyre+inflator

Got it for Rs. 1853. Will be delivered tomorrow. Will share the feedback once I use it.
Old 2nd January 2018, 19:18   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
So finally went ahead and ordered the Windex 1902 based on the feedback shared in this thread.

https://www.amazon.in/Windek-RCP_AL1...=tyre+inflator

Got it for Rs. 1853. Will be delivered tomorrow. Will share the feedback once I use it.
Even I went for the same model. Got it for 1600 INR approximately. Used it once to test it, and the pressure being shown is just off by 0.3 PSI, with my Bushranger digital gauge, which I believe is accurate.
HappyWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 11:06   #702
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been using a local brand tire inflator which was tested to the max yesterday when I had a full flat tire. It took close to 15 minutes with multiple pauses to inflate my 205/75/R15 tire back to 30 PSI.

Spent a lot of time yesterday looking at various reviews and have narrowed it down to the following:

Looks like a lot of folks here use the ResQ tech or Windek. Had some specific questions:
1. How long does it take to pump 5 PSI?
2. How hot does the air hose get (my current local branded rubber air hose get very very hot)
3. If anyone has tried filling air from 0 - 30 PSI, how long does it take and can it be done in a single stretch? Or do we need to pause, let the unit cool and then start again?
4. Warranty/Customer support - does it exist in case something goes wrong?

Planning to use this for regular air top up plus in case of a flat as changing the spare of TUV is a really arduous process.

OT: Anyone here purchased from industrybuying? they are offering the ResQ tech heavy duty at 2.1K. Never purchased from them and hence feedback will be appreciated.
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-ib.jpg
Old 8th January 2018, 11:34   #703
Senior - BHPian

Will answer for Windek, as that is one of the model I have from this list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Looks like a lot of folks here use the ResQ tech or Windek. Had some specific questions:
2. How hot does the air hose get (my current local branded rubber air hose get very very hot)
I deflated my Safari tyre to 25 PSI and it took the Windek close to a minute and half to fill it back to 33psi.

Did not notice any heating up of the tube, but for that to happen, I will have had to use it for longer. But, yes, air compressors do get heated up a lot, on long usage. If low quality hose is used, the first point of failure is right near where it gets connected to the compressor! Not sure of the quality of the hose used in the Windek due to it being covered.

Quote:
Planning to use this for regular air top up plus in case of a flat as changing the spare of TUV is a really arduous process.
Should serve you well, if this is the primary use. Would suggest you also get a repair kit as well. Easy to use and a life saver when the need arises.

Quote:
OT: Anyone here purchased from industrybuying? they are offering the ResQ tech heavy duty at 2.1K. Never purchased from them and hence feedback will be appreciated.
Believe there was someone who did by from Industry Buy and who posted it here couple of pages back. here it is: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4282791
HappyWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 07:57   #704
BHPian

Thanks for the link for resqtech. I have been eyeing for a while but found it on expensive side. By the way, since I have never bought from industrybuying, I did search for reviews and they were not too positive in terms of delivery and packaging. I have ordered on COD to be on safe side and would check if same is used/damaged before. paying the amount.

I shall post review once I receive the same.
Old 9th January 2018, 09:21   #705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It took close to 15 minutes with multiple pauses to inflate my 205/75/R15 tire back to 30 PSI.
It certainly takes more time to inflate a bigger tire and there is no doubt that even the best one from the lot would still be slower. I say this from my own examples of using it on 155/65/13 and 205/60/15.
I am using Coido for almost 4 years now. I had paid less than 900 then till date it has served me well. Indulging myself on a post-mortem, It is no brainer that all these 'inflators' have similar working mechanism with almost same sized tiny compressor that works its lungs out to inflate that tire of yours!

By the looks of it and probably due to regular feedback regarding the time taken to inflate, I am sure this 'Heavy Duty' inflator might have only a bigger cylinder than the usual ones we have picked till now.

Secondly, ResQtech has been a reliable brand since years now and the product is also equally good for the price paid. I would pick this one if I was on a look out for one today.

Quote:
As I said before, It will depend on the size of your tire (volume of air inside). Bigger the slower. For 5 PSI on your TUV's tire, I expect it to be nothing less than 1.5-2 minutes of usage.
Quote:
Never faced this. Usually you can feel the warmth as you hold the hose but it has never heated. Plus, it also matters on how well insulated the hose pipe is and its overall construction too.

Quote:
3. If anyone has tried filling air from 0 - 30 PSI, how long does it take and can it be done in a single stretch? Or do we need to pause, let the unit cool and then start again?
I had done this only once, for my 205/60/15 Tire when it had loss of Air (apparently a slow puncture) and it took me an easy 5 minutes to inflate it to 30. Ideally, I would stop after every 90 seconds of use for 10-15 seconds in between.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks