Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:33   #31
BHPian

Re: The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This seems link the best solution: https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-F...motive&sr=1-25

Has anyone tried this?
Wouldnt it create a runny foam as the pressire from hose is generally not enough.2200 for this is too much in my opinion but surely if someone can share their experience we can try to justify the cost for sure.
Old 17th December 2020, 23:10   #32
BHPian

Dear all, Just FYI. I have been trying to buy this Proklear WFC, but it has been perennially out of stock on both Amazon and Flipkart. I’d set up notifications on both the platforms.

Today I got a notification from Flipkart that the product is back in stock and I promptly placed an order (₹499). If you’re keen, please place an order right away, because as soon as I placed the order and navigated to the product page, I can see an alert saying only few units left.

I am planning to buy the Kwazar Venus Foamer on Amazon. Will post details here later. Thanks.

Last edited by ramprakashr : 17th December 2020 at 23:12. Reason: Brevity
ramprakashr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 14:50   #33
BANNED

Thanks for the thread, i finally got it from flipkart when it came in stock. And it was legit the easiest car wash I've ever done with this.
I mixed the WFC and the Waterless wash/wax cx (also from proklear). Got the sprayer from a local garden supplies shop for 180 rupees and the results were very good.
Attached Thumbnails
The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-img_20201227_141946_569.jpg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-20201227_134659.jpg  

agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 20:15   #34
BHPian

Can someone ELI5, what's the main difference between foam wash from ProKlear was their Raw product?

To me it seems the Raw product line also have a wax solution.
Old 31st December 2020, 06:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
Can someone ELI5, what's the main difference between foam wash from ProKlear was their Raw product?

To me it seems the Raw product line also have a wax solution.
Based on my analysis the foam wash solution from ProKlear also caters to tough dirt and grime as against the regular one.
The Raw version only offers cleaning capability whereas the CX version offers cleaning and shine as well due to the presence of wax in it.
Old 31st December 2020, 06:54   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post
Dear all, Just FYI. I have been trying to buy this Proklear WFC, but it has been perennially out of stock on both Amazon and Flipkart. I’d set up notifications on both the platforms.
Today I got a notification from Flipkart that the product is back in stock and I promptly placed an order (₹499). If you’re keen, please place an order right away, because as soon as I placed the order and navigated to the product page, I can see an alert saying only few units left.
I am planning to buy the Kwazar Venus Foamer on Amazon. Will post details here later. Thanks.
Order it from Autofresh. in as they are the official distributors for Kwazer.
Secondly, Proklear is a Chennai based company so availability should not be an issue for you.
Lucky enough I just checked and Flipkart was showing 2 in stock and I ordered one as a backup. Thanks for the reminder.
Also what I have observed specifically for the Proklear WFC that its getting restocked on Flipkart more frequently as against Amazon.

Last edited by Artyom : 31st December 2020 at 07:06.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 01:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

I got mine from Flipkart but haven't used it yet. One question : does a small hole need to be made in the siphon tube of the pump sprayer ?
Old 1st January 2021, 12:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This seems link the best solution: https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-F...motive&sr=1-25

Has anyone tried this?
Works good as shown in the video review in amazon, provided the water pressure is decent enough.

I've tried it in Kerala with a garden hose, with the water tank placed equivalent to a 3 storied building. Had used 3M car shampoo at 1:20 ratio (or maybe more)

I'm yet tro try it in a regular apartment in Bangalore.
vinjosep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 13:29   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I got mine from Flipkart but haven't used it yet. One question : does a small hole need to be made in the siphon tube of the pump sprayer ?
Yes you do need to punch a hole in the tube.
Old 2nd January 2021, 01:53   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Yes you do need to punch a hole in the tube.
Ok thanks. Didn't see it mentioned on the packaging but it's done in all the DIY foam maker videos. Just a tiny pinhole towards the top should do right ?
Old 2nd January 2021, 06:54   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Ok thanks. Didn't see it mentioned on the packaging but it's done in all the DIY foam maker videos. Just a tiny pinhole towards the top should do right ?
Yes Brother. That should do.
Old 3rd January 2021, 19:22   #42
BHPian

Off topic because It’s non-wfc but help is appreciated.

Got the Raw CX and tried that today. Did a nice job at cleaning water spots and some other dirt. Even brought out a nice shine. However after the first swipe off the wet solution and then using a dry micro fiber, there are visible streaks. How to avoid that ?
Old 3rd January 2021, 19:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Yes Brother. That should do.
I tried it today but it was a bit of a flop scene. Whatever adjustments I tried to the nozzle or air pressure didn't help, the liquid/foam mostly dribbled out of the nozzle with very little flying enough to land on the car. Also I found that it dried a lot faster than plain waterless wash, even before I could make my way around the car. It did clean decently though. I'll try again but if nothing else I'll just use it like normal waterless wash
Old 3rd January 2021, 20:50   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
How to avoid that ?
My suggestion would be:-

1.Try to wash the car in the shade or when the panel is cold. A hot panel will dry the soap solution fairly quickly as against a cold panel leaving streaks.
2.Use a little more product than usual.
3.I usually spray 1 or 2 sprays on the MF towel used to dry the panel. Just to make it more absorbing. This is only required during the 1st wipe only.
4.I am suspecting the panel is not getting cleaned in the 1st pass so when you wipe using the MF towel it very well could be dirt still left behind which might look like minor streaks. I have seen that happening.
5.If possible can you share some pictures as that will give a better idea ?
Old 3rd January 2021, 20:57   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I tried it today but it was a bit of a flop scene. Whatever adjustments I tried to the nozzle or air pressure didn't help, the liquid/foam mostly dribbled out of the nozzle with very little flying enough to land on the car. Also I found that it dried a lot faster than plain waterless wash, even before I could make my way around the car. It did clean decently though. I'll try again but if nothing else I'll just use it like normal waterless wash
It could be due to below possible reasons:-

1.The foam nozzle is not a complete fit in your case which is leaving a gap between the nozzle and the nose of the sprayer and that will lead to the product leaking. Try using some plumbing tape on the nose and then try screwing the foam nozzle.PLEASE don't apply too much pressure while fitting the nozzle as it might crack. It happened with me so be cautious.

2.Wash panel by panel and that too when its in shade. If the panel is hot then you have to be pretty quick with the spray and wipe process. Spraying the whole car at once is only recommended wither when the car is in shade

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks