Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2021, 01:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)

Thanks for the reply. Actually the car was parked in the shade for an hour while I finished some errands but it's possible the panels were still hot so I'll keep it in mind next time.

I did put teflon tape before putting on the nozzle. Actually the solution was leaking from the front adjustable part of the foam nozzle as well as dribbling a bit from the hole itself. The pattern was too wide and misty with the adjuster fully tightened and loosening it a bit to get more forward projection resulted in more dribbling.
It is also possible that I made the pin hole too big since I used a heated pin vs just poking it so I'll patch the old hole and make a new smaller one and add some teflon tape to the adjuster but threading also
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 11:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
My suggestion would be:-

1.Try to wash the car in the shade or when the panel is cold. A hot panel will dry the soap solution fairly quickly as against a cold panel leaving streaks.
2.Use a little more product than usual.
3.I usually spray 1 or 2 sprays on the MF towel used to dry the panel. Just to make it more absorbing. This is only required during the 1st wipe only.
4.I am suspecting the panel is not getting cleaned in the 1st pass so when you wipe using the MF towel it very well could be dirt still left behind which might look like minor streaks. I have seen that happening.
5.If possible can you share some pictures as that will give a better idea ?
I think the mistake I did is - I cleaned all the panels first- then as the last step used dry MF on the cleaned panel. During this process- the cleaned panels slight water dries up leaving streaks.

Maybe I should wipe the solution on a panel and then immediately use a dry mf cloth.

No point in taking a picture because on checking the car today - it has water spots which have come from somewhere. So much for the cleaning effort yesterday! -_-

Keeping cars clean and shiny is hard
PankajKara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 00:03   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post

Maybe I should wipe the solution on a panel and then immediately use a dry mf cloth.
This technique worked better! Also I might have used more solution than the recommended amount last time, diluted that mix. Used solution on the Hood to clear some bird poop, clean the hood. Wiped it with MF, then as soon as I was done wiping the entire hood, I used a MF to buff it. Sprayed a little solution on the dry mf also to get rid of stubborn stains. This worked for me.

I’m keen to pick up the WFC for tougher stains later but damn content with the finish/cleaning I’m getting with Raw CX.

Also someone mentioned that they used a mix of Raw CX and WFC. Would like to learn more about that.
Old 6th January 2021, 05:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
Also someone mentioned that they used a mix of Raw CX and WFC. Would like to learn more about that.
Glad that you found the ratio that works for you.
WFC+Raw CX will impart a clean surface with a shine offered by CX.
I have an ONR Wash and wax bottle laying with me so I am planning to use WFC + ONR(W&W) and hoping to see similar results.
Another observation that when you use the regular or CX version of the waterless wash(not WFC) the end result is a smoother surface than if you use WFC alone. Does anyone agree with that?
Old 8th January 2021, 14:33   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Another observation that when you use the regular or CX version of the waterless wash(not WFC) the end result is a smoother surface than if you use WFC alone. Does anyone agree with that?
I can't comment about WFC but I gotta agree with the smoothness part of the CX. I have bought it recently and tried it, this product really provides a lot of smoothness/slickness to the paint.
Old 8th January 2021, 14:38   #51
BHPian

Some pics after the RAW CX clean up today.

Looks stunning

But I’ll also attribute to the looks because the car is new

Pics after RAW CX clean up today
Attached Thumbnails
The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-50ce5e2c4d494f52bd86353760cb6149.jpeg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-c1c24194fe794c9882c31ff5a000ff1a.jpeg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-7d102b8966724ef5b1e0a6945e983c2b.jpeg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-e576b4ffa7394e05af8f40a7c7a0cb48.jpeg  

The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-3129340fdf30476a906d987ba90700d2.jpeg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 15th January 2021 at 23:11.
PankajKara is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 20:54   #52
BHPian

Hello everyone
Please advise which foam solution should I buy to create a good foam using Karcher k4 / vmtc canon
I have just bought proklear xtreme CX realised it has to be used with manual spray not a pressure washer
Old 17th January 2021, 04:51   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
Hello everyone
Please advise which foam solution should I buy to create a good foam using Karcher k4 / vmtc canon
I have just bought proklear xtreme CX realised it has to be used with manual spray not a pressure washer
There are multiple options available in the market as far as the foam shampoo is concerned. What matters is how much money you are ready to spend.There are indian brands like AutoSpa, Proklear, Waxpol, etc and then there are international brands like Turtle Wax, Valetpro, Gyeon, Poorboys, Meguiars, etc. Since you are starting off with foam washing, I would suggest starting with an Indian brand like Autospa or Proklear (all available on Amazon) and then gradually moving on to international brands once you get the hang of the process. Proklear Snow Foam Wash is a nice product to start if you want.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th October 2022 at 07:43. Reason: Typos
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 09:37   #54
BHPian

I bought Kwazer foam sprayer from autofresh and tried it. Other than being very sturdy build, the operating principle is no different from the DIY foam sprayers, i.e it also has a hole on the tube and it costs 10 times more.

The end result was a flop. I could not get the thickness of foam as shown in the product videos. Also, it created a white haze on the paint after wiping off the foam, which took quite a effort to buff it off. Not sure what is wrong.
Old 17th January 2021, 20:53   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sram View Post
I bought Kwazer foam sprayer from autofresh and tried it. Other than being very sturdy build, the operating principle is no different from the DIY foam sprayers, i.e it also has a hole on the tube and it costs 10 times more.

The end result was a flop. I could not get the thickness of foam as shown in the product videos. Also, it created a white haze on the paint after wiping off the foam, which took quite a effort to buff it off. Not sure what is wrong.
I bought the Kwazer Venus Foamer Pro and so far i have used it with Proklear WFC and with carzspa foam shampoo and the results were OK.I think your dilution ratio is the culprit.I have used 15ml of PROKLEAR Wfc in 1000ml water and blue tip and the foam was just ok for a wayerless wash.With shampoo its a different story and you need atleast 60ml of shampoo in 1 litre of water and it produces a good foam.Now please dont compare it with professional foam lances .Moral of the story is that with manual sprayer the amount of soap concentrate to be used is more than regular amount.I think you have to try different dilution ratios and the settle for the one you like.
Old 2nd April 2021, 20:31   #56
BHPian

I followed the process depicted in the YouTube video to convert sprayer into foam maker, but I was not getting any foam. It was just soapy water. How can I get it to make the foam? I added 10ml of Proklear WFC Raw to 1liter of water in the sprayer, pumped it fully, still no foam. I cleaned my scooter with this, sprayed the solution and wiped out using microfiber towel. It worked as expected though, there's some shine to the color and body panels are smoother to touch.
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 22:45   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
I followed the process depicted in the YouTube video to convert sprayer into foam maker, but I was not getting any foam. It was just soapy water. How can I get it to make the foam? I added 10ml of Proklear WFC Raw to 1liter of water in the sprayer, pumped it fully, still no foam.
I have a query and two suggestions to make it work:-

1.Did the foam or the soap solution leak from the foam nozzle while using as if the fitting is not tight enough onto the spray bottleneck?
If yes then that's where the problem is. I used some tape and wrapped it around the neck and then screwed over the foam nozzle to ensure there is no gap.

2.Use 15 ml in 800ml of water roughly and it should work. Basically, the whole bottle should not be full, and there should be some air still remaining

3.Are you pumping it to the max to create enough pressure?
Old 3rd April 2021, 17:15   #58
BHPian

Quote:
1.Did the foam or the soap solution leak from the foam nozzle while using as if the fitting is not tight enough onto the spray bottleneck?
If yes then that's where the problem is. I used some tape and wrapped it around the neck and then screwed over the foam nozzle to ensure there is no gap.
I didn't receive the foam nozzle with solution. All I got is the bottle. I inserted a piece of scotch brite scrubber inside the nozzle. There is no leakage though.
Quote:
2.Use 15 ml in 800ml of water roughly and it should work. Basically, the whole bottle should not be full, and there should be some air still remaining.

3.Are you pumping it to the max to create enough pressure?
I added 10 ml of solution in approximately 1300 ml of water. I pumped it till I felt pressure and couldn't apply any more pressure. Yes I pumped till max. Does the solution needs to be shaked well so as to mix it well with water?
Old 3rd April 2021, 17:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't receive the foam nozzle with solution. All I got is the bottle.
Thats strange because i ordered twice and both times i got the nozzle which you see in the photos i shared.

Quote:
I added 10 ml of solution in approximately 1300 ml of water. I pumped it till I felt pressure and couldn't apply any more pressure. Yes I pumped till max. Does the solution needs to be shaked well so as to mix it well with water?
800 ml to 10 ml of solution works wonders for me.Also you need to shake well to allow the froth to be produced and the solution to mix
Old 17th May 2021, 18:55   #60
BHPian

Dear all,

I own a Kwazar Venus foamer and both Proklear WFC and RawXtremeCX. Have been using it on my white Ecosport for a while. Recently sold off the EcoSport and purchased a Starry Night Tucson (Blackish Blue). Tried the combination for the first time on the Tucson and the results have been very good.

Two observations :
1. Inspite of immediate buffing with the dry micro fibre cloth, there were water drip marks in 3-4 places in different places. This seems to be the Achilles heel of this setup. But definitely liveable given the shine you get with just close to two litres of water and 20+10ml of concentrates.

2. This is regarding my Venus foamer. Some how it doesn't build pressure/foam after the water reaches close to the 450-500ml mark. Have any of you observed similar behaviour? Have to use 25% of the solution without foaming it because of this - I have been using the un-foamed liquid on the tyres and alloys now.

Here is a clean car picture. This cleaning was a good distraction to my four year old, in an otherwise grim lockdown.
The poor man's foam maker : Proklear WFC (waterless foam wash concentrate)-img_0892-2.jpg

Thanks for reading and stay safe!
ramprakashr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed