Team-BHP - Airconditioner in my Accent CRDi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Airconditioner in my Accent CRDi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/22982-airconditioner-my-accent-crdi.html)

Guys,

I have a 2007 model Accent CRDi. Off late in the scorching Bangalore sun, especially afternoons I found that AC is not cooling enough. My car is 3 months old and have done 4600 Kms. I checked with the Advaith Hyundai service centre and they recommended the AC filter to be removed for the next three months. The works manager said that the new Hyundai cars have this filter fitted and this might reduce the AC efficency during the summers. However he suggested that i fix this back after 3 months.

However I am finding that the AC is still not good enough. i had a Wagon R before which had better AC. Is there a problem with the Coolant? Or is it normal for Accents to have a poor AC...Guys I need your advice before i escalate this with Hyundai....

Accent AC is good. Its not bad. Whats the blower speed you are running AC on ? Sometimes when the car is too hot the AC won't effect in a short period of time.

Abhibh,

The blower is on 4 . The air blown is not cool. The draft is fine.

abhilashvk,

Is it that you are stuck in traffic or driving in slow moving traffic when you find your AC not effective enough? If that's the case, it's expected. AC efficincy is adversely affected in this situation because your engine is running at low overall RPM i.e. less power to AC and on top of that higher ambient temperate and less room for condenser unit for heat dissipation.

Try taking a drive on open roads when outsite temperate is equally hot and see whether you get acceptable cooling...

Go to a reputed a/c service technician.

1. Rule out any blocks in the vent's/blowers/a/c system itself. Ideally the condensor should be removed and soaked in soap solution for at least 2 hours for the dirt to come off. Signs of blockage are water drops (condensation) accumulating inside the cabin (on the floor).

2. Check the quantity of the a/c gas. Low levels can lead to inefficient cooling.

3. Check for any leaks in the plumbing/piping.

Using the fan speed of 1 or 2 with a/c should cool the cabin adequately unless the a/c system is blocked/leaking or if the a/c gas is less.

Hi

Do you use the A/C after the car is parked in direct sunlight ? If yes it is adviseable to roll down at least 2 windows to let the hot air out......inspite of that if there is inadequate cooling it is probably the chocked condenser(unlikely in a 3 month old car) or inadequate gas in the system.

Another off the beaten track reason could be (only if you are a smoker) is chocked condenser / vapourizer whichever is inside the car (pardon my ignorance) only if you smoke with your windows roled up with the A/c on.

Just a wild guess here, are you running AC on recirculation mode ? If not then it will reduce cooling efficiency.

Check the refrigerant (gas), the accent ac is pretty good.

Drifter

I Own Same 4 Months Old Hyundai Accent Crdi, I Am Facing The Same Problem, And I Asked The Service Centre For The Same, They Only Cleaned The Dust Particals From The Ac Filter And Fitted It Again. And Asked Me To Used The Inlet Directions And Use The Blower At 3. Its Working!

Thankyou guys..

Will note the following:

1. Test the AC on a long drive as nispatel suggested.
2. Keep the windows open a few inches after parking in the sun.
3. Get the Gas checked at HSS

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhilashvk (Post 410269)
Thankyou guys..

Will note the following:

1. Test the AC on a long drive as nispatel suggested.
2. Keep the windows open a few inches after parking in the sun.
3. Get the Gas checked at HSS

i had a similar problem with my accent viva crdi recently, the cooling was fine, but the blower speed had reduced considerably, so i stood next to the electrician at hyundai and had him remove the dash board to my surprise there were parking tickets stuck down the pipe that clogged the air.

after this the cooling and the blower speed increased to almost the mint condition, but i still feel that the car's blower speed is a little low!
i just might need to check it with fellow bhpians car mobike008 the next time i meet him so that i get a clear picture of the improvement!

well in your case i suggest you get the condenser checked thoroughly as the wire that goes in to the condenser might be the culprit, just a wild guess though, i say it because when he checked the blower pipes he even removed the condenser and gave it a bath it was then i noticed this plug that goes in to the condenser which the technitian says, is responsible for measuring the temperature of the condenser and cuts of the power to it when the temperature goes below a certain limit, so that it does not develop the ice deposits on it!

just my 2 paise, if its the faulty wiring or one of the faulty eletricals causing this problem or the condensor itself, so better insist and get this check done if some thing is faulty you can still get it changed under the warranty i guess right?

hope this helps.:)

Hi,

My Accent gives very good cooling ..Excellent to be precise and in my opinion feel that it has one of the finest Airconditionings so far. That too its 5yrs old now.

My Switch selector is always set to 3 and in the Recirculation Mode.

As other team members have mentioned below the steps :
Cheers,

Peter.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post. Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support Staff

Oh! this seems strange. Our 4 year old CRDI still makes us freeze, however if the car is fully loaded with 5 in sun, some times we tend to increase the blower to 4 which is also very rare. Donno whether they have degraded the system in newer vehicles :Frustrati.

I believe there should be some blockage or leakage in your system, take it to an expert outside rather than taking it to the dealer, they'll atleast spot the problem better and u can get it done with your dealer.

YEA my accent too have no problem so far with the ac, Is that to do with the last grou p of accent CRDi's ? mine has clocked 1.08 lak kms on the odo and 4 years old..

Same here, 4 year old car (almost) and no cooling issues, even when stuck in traffic... which is *always*