Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2021, 13:59   #31
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: Coverwell car covers

True - No soft material inside. But if you would be able to keep your car clean before putting on the cover, the water-proof cover is really not rough inside and doesn't slip around much. At least I found it better in also keeping the car starch free.

The basic covers are more like synthetic woven materials, the waterproof has rubberised layer inside.
SLK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 20:35   #32

I am looking to order one from the website, But I don't know what to choose from. I'm inclined towards the waterproof one but still having second thoughts on the Indoor material one. If anyone purchased the indoor material one, Please post some pictures and review it. I also want to know if the price is worth it for the Indoor material cover.
Old 8th February 2021, 21:49   #33
BHPian

I have bought the most basic one which sells for about 2400. The cover is good. Although at first impression, it might feel like a normal cover, but it does its job well enough. The dust is kept well under control. Although waterproofing is not the best. I was once cleaning some bird poop from the cover and the water seeped in, though, on a positive note, the liquid from the bird poop wasn't able to make its way through the cover onto the paint.

It has been 1 month now since I have been using it. And I am pretty much satisfied. Will try to post the pictures soon.
abhi9044 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 05:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

I must update that when I foam washed my waterproof cover last weekend, it leaked water inside from the seams. I will be contacting them for this.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 15:23   #35
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I must update that when I foam washed my waterproof cover last weekend, it leaked water inside from the seams. I will be contacting them for this.
Yes, some water does get inside. In case if its getting in through the seams, I guess that bit is expected to happen, I had pointed that our earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Also there is always a possibility that a few drops of rain get through the stitch lines in heavy downpour.
I feel some tiny bit of water does get through otherwise as well, which is not ideal, but I'm just happy about the fact that because it gets in, it dries on its own too and the mist that builds up overnight specially in North India, dries on its own.
SLK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 01:55   #36
BHPian

Got my cover, for my SX4 based on the review on this thread. I spoke to the owner before putting in my order. Only enquired about the difference between the difference between the cheaper variants. I picked up the cheapest one because I street park and dint want to buy anything expensive, because you never know when it can get stolen.

Quality is very good and fit is excellent. I was super annoyed by the previous car cover that I owned which was a generic fit and kept flying all around.
I put in the order at around 2 pm in the afternoon and it was shipped by evening. Quick service.

Review: Coverwell car covers-1.jpg

Review: Coverwell car covers-2.jpg

Review: Coverwell car covers-3.jpg

Last edited by frewper : 11th February 2021 at 01:56.
frewper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 23:01   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_bishop View Post
Thanks for the details, looking forward for pictures of your new coverwell just one more question, will this basic cover have soft material inside? To avoid scratches?
Received the cover yesterday, Cover fits really good. It is the basic dust and heat proof cover, It took 4 days to deliver in BLR. Overall a good purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Coverwell car covers-d1888e25f03f41b38dba186f9f140ca3.jpeg  

Review: Coverwell car covers-3edf2517b7064f95a1478c41b913be70.jpeg  

im_chandan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 11:54   #38
BHPian

Bought waterproof one for my Harrier. I was looking for sun and water proof covers and the guy from the Coverwell suggested me to go for waterproof one
Review: Coverwell car covers-0163e1cfde6a48ab830218418cbae160.jpeg
The cover looks durable and this is cheaper compared to TPH pilot version ( this is more heavier and multiple layers of fabric ) which I was my other option
greyhound82 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 12:21   #39
BHPian

Visited Coverwell today for a cover for my cheetah, met the owner a very passionate and professional gentleman.. Inspite of lockdown he helped me out of respect for the armed forces.
I am updating his new domain id as the previous one has become invalid due to service provider going bankrupt.

His new domain id is
https://coverwellindia.in/

Telephone numbers and address remains the same..
RajeVenu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 13:23   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Visited Coverwell today for a cover for my cheetah, met the owner a very passionate and professional gentleman.. Inspite of lockdown he helped me out of respect for the armed forces.
I am updating his new domain id as the previous one has become invalid due to service provider going bankrupt.

His new domain id is
https://coverwellindia.in/

Telephone numbers and address remains the same..
Can you update which cover did you choose for the Cheetah, even I would want to pick up a good car cover for my Cheetah with below requirement -

- Main requirement is paintproof (may be with some soft material which doesn't cause any paint detects)
- Lightweight, dustproof, heatproof
- Mostly would be parking with a parking with roof (not completely covered)
- Parking outside will be very less

Thanks in advance

KK
Old 2nd May 2021, 18:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

My red waterproof has faded on the top surfaces since summer has started.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 18:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsingh View Post
Many thanks to senior Bhpian SLK sir for this thread. Had a pleasant experience at Coverwell car covers today.

I'd been looking for a cover for our Ciaz (ever since our colony stray dogs had torn it apart from multiple places) and I decided to get in touch with Mr. Rajesh Saigal (owner of Coverwell). He is a well-spoken gentleman who listened to my requirements and suggested me to go for the "2x2" model. The 2x2 cover is lightweight and durable and it has an almost rubberised pattern on the inside (which helps protect against swirl marks).

I was impressed with the fit and happily paid for the cover. I was charged lesser than the website price (just asked him the cost and paid without negotiating as I felt the rate was quite reasonable). Would definitely recommend his service for all BHPians!
Hi kunalsingh - Which one did you select out of the below options appearing in their website? -

Review: Coverwell car covers-111.png

I am inclined to select 2nd opiton UV Protection Plus cover for my below quoted requirements after spearing with Mr Rajesh over call yesterday, can someone share the images of the 2nd opiton on the outside and inside material, plesae. It would help me decide the right cover for my Cheetah.

KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Can you update which cover did you choose for the Cheetah, even I would want to pick up a good car cover for my Cheetah with below requirement -

- Main requirement is paintproof (may be with some soft material which doesn't cause any paint detects)

Thanks in advance

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 2nd May 2021 at 18:57.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 20:09   #43
BHPian

Since the cover has no strap in bottom and just elastic, how long will the elastic last so it has a snug fit. I too park out on a road and without any protection for snug fit, it will just blow away.

Ps- I have a Polco cover for my Linea and over the time elastic has stretched completely. Along with strap I also put rubber band in mirror and antenna section of car to prevent it from blowing away.
Old 2nd May 2021, 22:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hi kunalsingh - Which one did you select out of the below options appearing in their website? -

Attachment 2151629

I am inclined to select 2nd opiton UV Protection Plus cover for my below quoted requirements after spearing with Mr Rajesh over call yesterday, can someone share the images of the 2nd opiton on the outside and inside material, plesae. It would help me decide the right cover for my Cheetah.

KK
Hi KK, I went with Option1 : Dust/scratch proof and water resistant cover (grey colour). Option2 also looks good if you are looking for a higher level of protection against the elements. Speaking of the elastic, it has been holding up quite well in the limited time that I have had the cover. It also extended very deep below the car bumpers (almost to the wheel wells) and provides a snug fit. There's also a provision (double cutout holes) to tie ropes under the car if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Since the cover has no strap in bottom and just elastic, how long will the elastic last so it has a snug fit. I too park out on a road and without any protection for snug fit, it will just blow away.
Hi abhi_tjet, the cover does have a provision to tie ropes under the car (if needed) though I highly doubt I will have to ever go that way as the cover is very tight and grips under the car up till the wheel wells, essentially negating the chance of it blowing away.

Last edited by kunalsingh : 2nd May 2021 at 22:05.
kunalsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 22:19   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Can you update which cover did you choose for the Cheetah..

KK
Hi, I went for the waterproof one in grey (black/brown) also available, it has some rubberized coating on the underside, be aware that the cover is heavy the one for cheetah weighs around 5 kgs.. I chose the waterproof option because my car is parked outside battling the elements for next 2 months or so. The owner confirmed that although the material is waterproof but there will be some water seeping through the stitch lines. If you just want dust protection as your car will be inside it is better to go for the basic one. Can’t confirm about paint protection as of now but the rubberized material has some adhesion to the surface hence doesn’t sway in wind due to this adhesion + good fit+ weight. He had some material specifically for indoor use or garaged cars which although looked classy but won’t weather the elements as per him.. The paint was hot but bearable to touch with the cover on but nowhere near how it would be without the cover so can say it is heat proof.. Also I had tried to rip a piece of the material with my hands but couldn’t as it is pretty strong..

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
I saw the elastic he uses, actually it isn’t the ones you see commonly(fabric +rubber), this elastic is actually a strip of rubber almost 2cm wide and a mm or two thick, so in my opinion should last. Moreover since the fit is good there won’t be much space for wind to get inside and make it a parachute..
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks