Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 17:24   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim_peter View Post
someone had mentioned earlier that they removed the reverse lock mechanism totally. Once that is done you can fix any after market knobs. Even I want to try that, as I could see lot of after market knobs which looks real sporty and cool.

A question from my side too. Thinking of changing to a short shifter in my Palio. Has anyone tried that on Palio?
Removing the reverse lock is not a difficult thing to do.

Remove the covering of the gear lever (It is just a couple of clips. Can be removed easily). Try to put the gear in to reverse. You can see that a plastic piece protruding which blocks (locks) the gear to put into reverse. File/Cut that part using some sharp tool and you got rid of the reverse lock!
Old 25th August 2009, 19:28   #437
BHPian

cool!! thanks for the tip, will try this weekend. Never thought it would be so simple (sounds simple).
Old 10th September 2009, 12:22   #438
BHPian

Even I am contemplating this idea !! I have changed the gear knob thrice already, and it somehow manages to get loose always, and comes out to my hand while trying to engage reverse gear.. this has become irritating at times.

I lost the spring for the reverse lock and right now it does not have a spring. I just have to slide the lock up and engage the reverse gear. So after removing the reverse lock, is it easy to fix any after market knobs ? Will that change the height of the lever (i mean the reach)
Old 10th September 2009, 12:27   #439
Senior - BHPian

Folks is an aftermarket headlight unit is available? the stock once hav tendency let the water in, presently both the headlights water seeps in...
Old 15th September 2009, 16:35   #440
BHPian

I am exploring following mods on my Palio Adventure 1.6 sports
  1. Extra lights on the front side of roof rails.
  2. Front Strut brace, as there is too much body roll.
  3. Soundproofing the floor, as road noise is a bit on high side.
  4. Extending the rear seat backwards by a inche or two to incease leg space.
Any inputs ?
Old 15th September 2009, 16:40   #441
Senior - BHPian

raghav, i think even i will be interested on the "strut brace"

but what even am very keen about is increasing the leg spac at rear. not sure if its possible?
Old 15th September 2009, 17:11   #442
BHPian

Yuppp it doesnt seam easy
actually the back support part of rear seat finally fits in a hook at both ends which is bolted with the C pillar. So firstly either need to make a new hole, which is not easy or to make some thing like S shaped then the current I shape. where one part of S is ending a bit inches backwards.

second issue is that the same back rest for rear seat also rests on the plastic trims at both end. So either it need to be cut, or removed. Removing it will look ugly. So maybe after cuting the rest of chopped part can be covered by some thick fabric.

And also the rear panel board which covers the boot, just touches the rear seat back support, so the last part of that board cant be fitted properly and have to be left opened.

Too much of things involved and if either one goes wrong it will look real ugly.
Best is to first fasten a S shape bolt instead of I shape one, remove the plasttic trims from the both ends and then see if its working. If not then it can be in original shape.

Once the upper part is doen then the point where the back rest is hinged to floor and the thigh support also, can always pe opened and slightly twisted to move it backwards.
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:39   #443

My Fiat Palio 1.1 SLE / Pics...Falling in love with the twin headlamps!

Easy to fall in love with her eyes....lol
Deepak.
Attached Thumbnails
Palio mods/post all queries and pics here-deeps-palio-1.jpg  

Palio mods/post all queries and pics here-deeps-palio-2.jpg  

Palio mods/post all queries and pics here-deeps-palio-3.jpg  

Palio mods/post all queries and pics here-deeps-palio-4.jpg  

Palio mods/post all queries and pics here-deeps-plaio-5.jpg  

Palio mods/post all queries and pics here-deeps-palio-6.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2009, 12:41   #444
BHPian

Wow, the car looks great! Liked the Alloys esp. felt it suits the color perfectly.

Now for a question, might sound stupid, please hear out a noob.
I want to get some stickers on the rear winshield, my car has a rear defogger. Does having stickers on the outside of the rear windshield affect the defogger lines in anyway? Please help me out!
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:22   #445
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Great looking car there kvdeep. Congrats!

Whats the PCD of the alloys? 98 or 100? I hope you are aware that 100 PCD is not adivisable. If it is 98, plz ignore the question.
You haven't written about the car and the driving experience. Would like to hear that as well.

Last edited by JVH : 23rd September 2009 at 13:28.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:33   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Yuppp it doesnt seam easy
actually the back support part of rear seat finally fits in a hook at both ends which is bolted with the C pillar. So firstly either need to make a new hole, which is not easy or to make some thing like S shaped then the current I shape. where one part of S is ending a bit inches backwards.

second issue is that the same back rest for rear seat also rests on the plastic trims at both end. So either it need to be cut, or removed. Removing it will look ugly. So maybe after cuting the rest of chopped part can be covered by some thick fabric.

And also the rear panel board which covers the boot, just touches the rear seat back support, so the last part of that board cant be fitted properly and have to be left opened.

Too much of things involved and if either one goes wrong it will look real ugly.
Best is to first fasten a S shape bolt instead of I shape one, remove the plasttic trims from the both ends and then see if its working. If not then it can be in original shape.

Once the upper part is doen then the point where the back rest is hinged to floor and the thigh support also, can always pe opened and slightly twisted to move it backwards.
I too would like to increase the rear leg space. For such a long car, it would be great to have good space for the rear passengers as well. Most of the time the boot space is not used much at all.
Also, don't really understand the 'I' and 'S' bolts. Where are they in the Adventure? Thanks
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:53   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Soundproofing the floor, as road noise is a bit on high side.Any inputs
?
After I switched to Michelin XM1s, the road noise has come down drastically. I guess you don't need to sound proof the floor. (?)
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:01   #448

Driving experince

Thanks !
But this car is 10 months old now. Did around 18K in it. Well, to say about the experience, Happy about my choice and madly in love with the machine!
Deepak
Old 30th March 2010, 17:48   #449
Senior - BHPian

came across this palio on the www.fiatforum.com/palio

Palio mods/post all queries and pics here-kl1.jpg

Palio mods/post all queries and pics here-kl2.jpg

Last edited by planet_rocker : 30th March 2010 at 17:50.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:55   #450
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Should be rebranded to "Suicide Palio". Just look at the state of his tyres (front and back). So bald that they look like SLICKS! Not only is this idiot endangering his own life, but even that of others on the road.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed