Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:29   #466

Hi Guys,
Some great Palio stuff here, dont know how I missed this one.
Finally after a long wait I have become the proud owner of a Palio 1.6 2002, I have gotten a complete interior detailing done, had to change the A/c assembly - did that, put in a new Exide battery, put in new headlamp assemblys, did a complete oil etc change, put in a simple ICE, got the central locking activated as well which had stopped working, put in new spark plugs NGK's and a new ignition coil as well.
Still a lot of miles to go before we rest, looking to change the tyres to something which would last as I do not intend to sell the car at least for the next couple of years, please suggest me a good set which would not be very expensive and should last for a decent time frame.

Also looking to change the tail lamp assemblies both L and R as they have developed cracks and rain water seeps into them.

Looking forward to doing up this hot hatch to the best of my capabilities with all the help I can get. Thanks

Cheers
Old 25th November 2010, 19:39   #467
BHPian

6.5 is very less.. driving in 2nd and 3rd gear in city shifting at redline, I get 8.

worth trying an ECU reset, i.e disconnecting and connecting the batteries.
Old 25th November 2010, 23:31   #468
BHPian

Thanks for all your replies everyone, have given my car for service today to Fast Cars. Unfortunately, the car got a big shunt on the front fender and driver's door along with a broken mirror today, so decided on Fast Cars due to their expertise in tinkering and painting along with satisfactory general service. Due to the body work, service got pre-poned.

Will get the injectors and fuel pump checked like viper_711 mentioned along with decarbing the engine, as recommended by the service advisor. As for engine oil, is it a feasible shift (in terms of cost-benefit of course) from mineral to synthetic? The car is a 2004 model, done 23,000 kms and I change oil once every 6-8 months.

Also, can you guys guide me towards pricing of Mobil 1, Selenia and Shell Helix Ultra? Is Helix Ultra recommended for Palio? Asking because my other car is Laura 1.8 TSI which prescribes only this oil and is known to consume oil heavily initially. So can use the leftover for Laura in case of emergency.
Old 4th May 2011, 16:26   #469

Re: Palio Stile 1.6 Spares availability in Pune

HI,

I have been trying to source drive shaft boots for my palio 1.6 Stile sport for the last 1 month. The Authorised service centers (Acumen and Pandit) don't have it. I have been following up but get a standard response that they are still not available.

Are there any spares outlet where I can get palio spares - the drive shaft boots to be specific.

Raju
Old 4th May 2011, 22:09   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuhari11 View Post
HI,

I have been trying to source drive shaft boots for my palio 1.6 Stile sport for the last 1 month. The Authorised service centers (Acumen and Pandit) don't have it. I have been following up but get a standard response that they are still not available.

Are there any spares outlet where I can get palio spares - the drive shaft boots to be specific.

Raju
Do check with B.U.Bhandari as well. even though they are no longer a recognised Fiat workshop, they still stock spares and work as an independent workshop for Fiat.
Old 5th May 2011, 17:17   #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer919 View Post
Do check with B.U.Bhandari as well. even though they are no longer a recognised Fiat workshop, they still stock spares and work as an independent workshop for Fiat.
I checked with BUB too. But no luck there.

Spoke with the spares department guys at Pandit yesterday and they mentioned that i would have to go and make an advance payment to 'book' the spare and then they would try and procure the same!!! Still no guarantee it will come as the model is not sold anymore.
Old 5th May 2011, 20:12   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuhari11 View Post
I checked with BUB too. But no luck there.

Spoke with the spares department guys at Pandit yesterday and they mentioned that i would have to go and make an advance payment to 'book' the spare and then they would try and procure the same!!! Still no guarantee it will come as the model is not sold anymore.
Wow!!! that is a cold response. if you have someone you know in B'bay, you could ask them to check at the kurla market. that is the mecca for Palio spares if you ask me.
Old 6th May 2011, 22:26   #473
BHPian

Re: Palio mods/post all queries and pics here

Have no idea how I missed this thread for so long.

I'm in the process of modding my palio stile further with lights now. This is what's on the menu -

1. Interior floor LED lighting (I have two dummy switches inside, I want to hook up these interior floor LED's to that)
2. Underbody LED lighting (Hooked to dummy switch #2)
3. Front daylight running LED (will have to figure out what switch to connect it with)

Any help for this in Delhi will be awesome! I've spoken to the new owner of Driven, and he said he can do it. I'm waiting for a quotation. I've looked at loads of bulbs and lighting on Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Worldwide Free Shipping - DealExtreme (free shipping worldwide)

See these products -

1. $6.83 - 8-LED Vehicle Waterproof Decoration/Signal Lamp Bulbs (12V White) - Visual Decorations

2. $9.72 - 12V 7-LED Front Bumper Decoration Lights for Vehicles (2 Lights Pack) - Car Audio Systems

And I have already purchased this -

1. $3.25 - T10 1.2W 6500K 70-Lumen 5-SMD LED Car White Light Bulbs (Pair/DC 12V) - Car LED Light Bulbs

I plan to swap my parking light bulbs with this, once they arrive. Will keep you Palio lovers posted. Again, if anyone has some tips on my 3 lighting plans as mentioned above, please let me know.

Thank you
Old 9th May 2011, 20:07   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Have no idea how I missed this thread for so long.

I'm in the process of modding my palio stile further with lights now. This is what's on the menu -

1. Interior floor LED lighting (I have two dummy switches inside, I want to hook up these interior floor LED's to that)
2. Underbody LED lighting (Hooked to dummy switch #2)
3. Front daylight running LED (will have to figure out what switch to connect it with)

Any help for this in Delhi will be awesome! I've spoken to the new owner of Driven, and he said he can do it. I'm waiting for a quotation. I've looked at loads of bulbs and lighting on Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Worldwide Free Shipping - DealExtreme (free shipping worldwide)

See these products -

1. $6.83 - 8-LED Vehicle Waterproof Decoration/Signal Lamp Bulbs (12V White) - Visual Decorations

2. $9.72 - 12V 7-LED Front Bumper Decoration Lights for Vehicles (2 Lights Pack) - Car Audio Systems

And I have already purchased this -

1. $3.25 - T10 1.2W 6500K 70-Lumen 5-SMD LED Car White Light Bulbs (Pair/DC 12V) - Car LED Light Bulbs

I plan to swap my parking light bulbs with this, once they arrive. Will keep you Palio lovers posted. Again, if anyone has some tips on my 3 lighting plans as mentioned above, please let me know.

Thank you
Hello,

looking at your profile pic, u have a Silver palio which is a very modest if not sober color. do you really want to jazz up the look of your car will all that?

this is a personal point of view but the DRLs you plan to install in the front will not look good. i see atleast a dozen cars in Bangalore daily, with these and it looks cheap to say the least. the inside lights are your decision as it really wont affect the car's appearance per say.

hope i dint dampen your spirit.

Kiran.
Old 9th May 2011, 20:17   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer919 View Post
Hello,

looking at your profile pic, u have a Silver palio which is a very modest if not sober color. do you really want to jazz up the look of your car will all that?

this is a personal point of view but the DRLs you plan to install in the front will not look good. i see atleast a dozen cars in Bangalore daily, with these and it looks cheap to say the least. the inside lights are your decision as it really wont affect the car's appearance per say.

hope i dint dampen your spirit.

Kiran.
Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and a forum like T-BHP is where you do it.
I modify my car to make it look different in my eyes more than in the eyes of others.

I sort of see your point about the DRL's. But what I must point out here is that a DRL job done tastefully is still beautiful. I've seen cheap DRL's with one or two LED's not working etc, which ruins it. But otherwise, my personal opinion here is, I like it.

Moving on to the underbody lights, I've always loved those. Irrespective of what kind of car it is, floating lights on the road are trippy, and I love that. Interior lights of course, is totally up to me.

Just to go one step further, having a sober colored car doesn't mean you let it stay sober all the way. I've seen car lighting customizations on all kinds of car colors, and as long as the color of the lights isn't in horrible contrast with the color of the car, thats fine.

As long as underbody lights are concerned, the color of the car isn't really a problem.

Motto of the story - I do things for me Let the people judge me.
Old 9th May 2011, 20:23   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and a forum like T-BHP is where you do it.
I modify my car to make it look different in my eyes more than in the eyes of others.

I sort of see your point about the DRL's. But what I must point out here is that a DRL job done tastefully is still beautiful. I've seen cheap DRL's with one or two LED's not working etc, which ruins it. But otherwise, my personal opinion here is, I like it.

Moving on to the underbody lights, I've always loved those. Irrespective of what kind of car it is, floating lights on the road are trippy, and I love that. Interior lights of course, is totally up to me.

Just to go one step further, having a sober colored car doesn't mean you let it stay sober all the way. I've seen car lighting customizations on all kinds of car colors, and as long as the color of the lights isn't in horrible contrast with the color of the car, thats fine.

As long as underbody lights are concerned, the color of the car isn't really a problem.

Motto of the story - I do things for me Let the people judge me.
Sure thing dude. Like i said, no offense. Hope it comes out well.
lucifer919 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2012, 11:38   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Okay here goes! They arent the best of pics, but i still have to click proper ones.

Works on the car include a custom pearlascent white/golden paintjob, two door converion with elongated front doors, bumpers and skirtings, intake and exhaust, black and silver coated interiors with sports seats in bordeaux leather, xenons, 15" BBS style wheels and 205/50 tires.
I just love those seats autopsyche. Would you mind sharing the approximate costs. I live in Gurgaon and am also interested in getting new seats and a few other mods. I have a formula red Palio 1.6.

Does anyone know if the black/dark gray color can painted onto the stock alloys. I like the design of the stock alloys but would love a slightly darker shade. Is it possible?
Old 19th January 2015, 19:58   #478
BHPian

Fog lamps for Original Palio

I am planing for a long drive in an original (first) model of Palio 1.2. I am looking for fog lamp suggestions.

Points to consider.
1. The bumper does not have any place / groove for fog lamps
2. I don't want to put huge fog lamps by making holes and putting rods etc.
3. Am looking for something like sleek DRLs but not white light. It should be warm/yellow and functional fog lamps. I hope they fit in the horizontal grooves in the bumper. has Anyone tried it?
Old 19th January 2015, 21:50   #479
BHPian

Re: Fog lamps for Original Palio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
I am planing for a long drive in an original (first) model of Palio 1.2. I am looking for fog lamp suggestions.

Points to consider.
1. The bumper does not have any place / groove for fog lamps
2. I don't want to put huge fog lamps by making holes and putting rods etc.
3. Am looking for something like sleek DRLs but not white light. It should be warm/yellow and functional fog lamps. I hope they fit in the horizontal grooves in the bumper. has Anyone tried it?
I'm not sure if the fog lamp will hold if you drill and place it. Have to look at how the fog lamp holder works in regular palios. Another option, buy a used GTX bumper from a scrap yard and paint it to match your car's colour.
nim_peter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 16:08   #480
BHPian

Looks like people have moved on to other ones, don't see anything much after 2010.. Myself ended up getting a used 1.1 Slx Stile, though i like power. There were a lot of older models for sale, but not for Stile..

Most Viewed