Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2007, 08:12   #16
BHPian

I am assuming that you got rid of the cat con. If yes then is there any issue with passing the Pollution test?
Old 12th April 2007, 09:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

@payam have you done all these mods on a palio 1.2 or a 1.6? whats the assumed increase in BHp cause of these mods?
Old 12th April 2007, 09:53   #18
Team-BHP Support

Palio 1.6 Free Flow Exhaust . There are power gains in this setup but I do not recommend it. Reliability issue are prevalent for any mod that you do on the 1.6.

Madan, Payam has a 1.2.
Old 12th April 2007, 10:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

oh. ok!! I got a 1.2, and am contemplating a FFE. Just thought i would check. Where did u get your setup done?
Old 12th April 2007, 10:10   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
oh. ok!! I got a 1.2, and am contemplating a FFE. Just thought i would check. Where did u get your setup done?
My exhaust is stock. The car in pictures belongs to determinus and we got it done by Automech. A horrific experience if you ask me. The cost of the complete FFE came to Rs. 9500/-.
Old 12th April 2007, 12:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
I am assuming that you got rid of the cat con. If yes then is there any issue with passing the Pollution test?

dude
cat con is removed and no issue with pollution,the problem is header's pipe are so tiny and narrow while they must be bit bigger.
also the pipe must be straight but there are too much of bending fo muffler pipe.
Old 12th April 2007, 12:10   #22
BHPian

payam I see that you have got an aftermarket spoiler. i assumed its not OEm because you dont have the OEM fog lamps (which come in the 1.6 and 1.2 sports). where did you get the spoiler and for how much.

Secondly Guys is it recommended to get a FFE for a 1.2 . I dont want too many hastles . I know its bad for the environment but just curiousity sake, would getting rid of the cat con improve performance?
Old 12th April 2007, 12:16   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
would getting rid of the cat con improve performance?
I am going to try this for my 1.6 but still not confident of doing so. I will only be replacing headers and getting rid of the Cat using a straight pipe.
Old 12th April 2007, 12:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I am going to try this for my 1.6 but still not confident of doing so. I will only be replacing headers and getting rid of the Cat using a straight pipe.
First of all congrats for the senior Bhpian status moralfibre. I also wanted to ask another thing. I have heard a lot of guys saying that 1.6 under hood area is pretty ramped up to do mods. what do you guys say about the 1.2 . Is it a good specimen for mods.
Old 12th April 2007, 12:47   #25
Team-BHP Support

Yes indeed, the 1.6 engine bay is pretty cramped for any modifications. Ask the guys who try to fit custom headers in the 1.6. The headers are located on the firewall side of the engine bay unlike other cars where the headers are on the front. This makes it a pretty tedious task for the guys and they end up messing up a lot of things in return.

Comparatively, I feel the 1.2 is more mod friendly since the engine bay has lots of space to accomodate stuff in and is more mechanic friendly to work with. What do you intend to do in your car Rishi?
Old 12th April 2007, 13:11   #26
BHPian

I am waiting for the warranty to get over in july and then I want to go for a FFE. I have done the basic mods like High performance filter and Changed the engine oil to Mobil1 supersyn 5w50. I want to go for the NGK iridiums and want to get them from US. But I still dont know the part number for ordering the NGKs.
On the exteriors the car is pretty basic . Added alloys,Fog lamps (from FIAT) , looking to add a spoiler (the 1.2 sports one) but the OEM one is expensive and one has to change the rear windsreen as well (as per the FIAT guys).
Old 12th April 2007, 22:39   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
@payam have you done all these mods on a palio 1.2 or a 1.6? whats the assumed increase in BHp cause of these mods?
my car is 1.2,and about power increased:
k&n just working nice and i assume the increase of 7%-8% on power.
FFE as i said no,it is only giving sound.if there is increased in power it is neglible.

Quote:
payam I see that you have got an aftermarket spoiler. i assumed its not OEm because you dont have the OEM fog lamps (which come in the 1.6 and 1.2 sports). where did you get the spoiler and for how much.

Secondly Guys is it recommended to get a FFE for a 1.2 . I dont want too many hastles . I know its bad for the environment but just curiousity sake, would getting rid of the cat con improve performance?
rishi
i got my spoiler from fiat showroom in pune for 2500,and yes it is not OEM.
about FFE:
as i know you will get more power and performance by removing cacone,but yes it makes pollution
you can find more about your query here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ranties-3.html
or here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-exhausts.html
Old 13th April 2007, 09:37   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am waiting for the warranty to get over in july and then I want to go for a FFE. I have done the basic mods like High performance filter and Changed the engine oil to Mobil1 supersyn 5w50. I want to go for the NGK iridiums and want to get them from US. But I still dont know the part number for ordering the NGKs.
While the Free flow filter is ok. I dont think Iridium plugs would make much of a difference in performance. I would recommend you to stick to stock plugs.

Quote:
Added alloys,
Hope they are 98 PCD? But I doubt whether you get 98 PCD in aftermarket.

Quote:
Fog lamps (from FIAT) ,
How much did you buy it for?

Quote:
looking to add a spoiler (the 1.2 sports one) but the OEM one is expensive and one has to change the rear windsreen as well (as per the FIAT guys).
I know of a guy who added an aftermarket spoiler on his Palio and it was not bolted on the rear windscreen. The spoiler was mounted on two corners and it flew on the expressway at 120kmph. Try to be careful when you get this one fitted.

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th April 2007 at 09:39.
Old 13th April 2007, 12:00   #29
BHPian

rishi
how about giving diffenernt look to your palio,i mean get some costum spoiler which looks different.
i am looking for such a thing,guys if you have any pics or suggest plz help
Old 13th April 2007, 12:39   #30
BHPian

Payam, Why not a GT wing? . This is available with N1 Engg. visit their site for details.

Last edited by rapideffect : 13th April 2007 at 12:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks