Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2007, 12:51   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
Payam, Why not a GT wing? . This is available with N1 Engg. visit their site for details.
What's a GT wing? Could you put the link in here?
Old 13th April 2007, 13:00   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
What's a GT wing? Could you put the link in here?
This is a GT wing. Looks too bad IMO but if you like it, go for it. I would prefer a car without a wing/spoiler unless it came fitted from the factory

More pictures

I love these rims and everything else about this car.
Old 13th April 2007, 15:03   #33
BHPian

not so bad,but its not what i am looking for.
hey kiran i know you love the car in stock shape only.

Last edited by payam : 13th April 2007 at 15:08.
Old 13th April 2007, 15:06   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
not so bad,but its not what i looking for.
hey kiran i know you love the car in stock shape only.
Absolutely buddy. Elf calls it a 'Q' car . But I wouldn't mind getting those OZ rims in Black. Hopefully they will look good on my Red car.
Old 13th April 2007, 15:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Yes indeed, the 1.6 engine bay is pretty cramped for any modifications. Ask the guys who try to fit custom headers in the 1.6. The headers are located on the firewall side of the engine bay unlike other cars where the headers are on the front. This makes it a pretty tedious task for the guys and they end up messing up a lot of things in return.
Seen it done, and seen it done well. 1.6 to make you Fiat boys wet your pants. Jappys will wet their too, out of fear.
Old 13th April 2007, 15:19   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Seen it done, and seen it done well. 1.6 to make you Fiat boys wet your pants. Jappys will wet their too, out of fear.
The ride is called the Torqueinstein . Is it sold already?

I know it can be done well but its not everybody's piece of cake. Thats all I meant . It would be great help if you could list out the mods for us.

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th April 2007 at 15:26.
Old 13th April 2007, 16:14   #37
BHPian

beware!!!

hello , engines are the systems... right from the intake snout.. to filter body,, to intake dimensions, cam phasing cam events cam durations valve overlaps , valve lifts, compression ratio, actual compression ratio, <brake mean effective pressure> ignition timing , knock sensors, injection timing, all the possible sensors..and ecu<some of which are smarter than the so called tinkerers!>then comes the car weight, the gear ratio the suspension setup and tyres!!!
and please dont forget that engines dont drink, they breathe!!!
just keep it in the front of ur mind that
1> engine should work most efficiently as a pump,
and
2>engine should work most efficiently as a heat exchanger!!
one change here most probably ruins something at the other end..
unless one does understand the engine one intends to upgrade in totallity <and why part of engineering too>... be sure he is heading to trouble...
very few people have the courage to stand up and accept that though he is considerded as an auto expert actually he $#^@ up the engines.. extracts louder noises from the silencer and convinces the poor owner that thats the 25 bhp gain he is paying 4..
there are more dupers in this line than the population of india..
check the tech. knoledge of the person.. ask the questions.. the right ones.. <i.e. if by fooling the air temp /pressure sensor<in a speed density type management ecu> how can he claims that the c.e.u.is as dumb as the tuner... isnt there a lambda sensor which will correct the mixdure strenght in the next cycle..+possibly a warning light flashing on ur face>>
how can it will increase the volumetric efficiency...<and if yes then whats the range of the sensor above and bellow the stock value..or will it lean out dangerously!!>
there are thousend and one ways of differenting between honest ,knoledgable and trustworthy experts and 15 minutes experts,, who read some superficial articles and claim to be an axpert.
there are one more species who is making the same fundamental mistakes ,every year for thirty years--- and calling an experience!!!
man its a bad world...
free advice is generelly ignored...
dont ignore it..
not ignoring it is good for ur wallet, ur darling and most importantly u dont feel ashamed when ull cal ursely an auto buff in front of a mirror!!!
Old 13th April 2007, 17:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

could anyone suggest a spoiler for the palio adventure. I'm not sure what kind would look good on the vehicle...or even if it would look good at all. Has anyone tried??
Old 13th April 2007, 17:17   #39
Team-BHP Support

Gemithomas, I feel it wouldn't look good on the Adventure. I wouldn't want a spoiler on a station wagon.
Old 13th April 2007, 17:53   #40
BHPian

agree with moral,i think it wouldnt look good on station car,but you can try it by photoshop then you can se how will it look like.
Old 13th April 2007, 19:04   #41
BHPian

payam, thats a neat looking car, how about removing the rear mud flaps?any chance of changing the wheels?
Old 13th April 2007, 19:10   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
payam, thats a neat looking car, how about removing the rear mud flaps?any chance of changing the wheels?
about flaps,thats what i am up to.
wheels
no man,first of all i love them and think they look nice on the car,second getting wheels with 98pcd i slike finding water in hell.

Last edited by payam : 13th April 2007 at 19:13.
Old 13th April 2007, 22:15   #43
BHPian

Here are some pics of modified palios.

Check this 1.8L palio from Brazil its Matt black it looks awasome.Truely Brazailian, Truly Hot.

Old 13th April 2007, 22:48   #44
BHPian

Heres one palio with a GT wing an a wide body kit.

Some more GT wing spoilers these are on the punto but the sure give you an idea.
Old 14th April 2007, 00:21   #45
BHPian

Will adding straight pipe increases power ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I am going to try this for my 1.6 but still not confident of doing so. I will only be replacing headers and getting rid of the Cat using a straight pipe.
I read your posts telling mods on 1.6 are not recommended owing to reliability issues. So i was thinking that just removing the cat will add more power, in addition to that we may go for a muffler also. So no need to touch headers nor any extensive mods.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks