Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2007, 18:48   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Is it from ebay(tri phase)
Nope. A friend of mine is selling his, since he is going in for a remap. I went through all the threads on triphase here and i was pretty excited to get one for my own till i called up my tuner here who said its a "total waste"...

I would like to know if someone in here has tried plugging this to a palio 1.6?? Calling out to all you palio gurus... need some urgent help...
Old 21st April 2007, 19:43   #92
BHPian

What does your friend claims about its performance ?
Old 21st April 2007, 20:03   #93
BHPian

@16V100BHP, have you tried your luck at Palio Users Group and Fiat Club India?
Old 22nd April 2007, 08:40   #94
BHPian

dude,is this the same tri phase which is our own viper is the dealer of that?if you are looking for that and i am not wrong pm him.
Old 22nd April 2007, 23:04   #95
BHPian

yes . itts the same palio 1.6 u bought in india.
the values are from the workshop manual.not the owners manual.
and yes the compression ratio is what i stated.
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:30   #96
BHPian

u cant get 720 bhp just by changing the cams.

u cant get 720 bhp just by changing the cams . lot more is required to reach up to that values.. but the cams and then valves are the two things that are really hindering the performance of 1596 engine
Old 23rd April 2007, 16:54   #97
Senior - BHPian

720 bhp... holy smokes, i will definitely buy those cams! man, i will be able to smoke a Skyline also with that figure! except, by the time i hit 2 gear, most of my car parts might have fallen off!
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:00   #98
Senior - BHPian

i think hes talking about his imaginary 270 and NOT 720 bhp.
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:01   #99
Senior - BHPian

looks like the numbers go mixed up. its 272 BHP, thats still a craizily high amount.
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:28   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
Ahem!!! Can i have some attention here...
Hi,

Pl PM me or call me for any questions you have on the Tri-Phase.

Viper
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:50   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOSAM View Post
yes . itts the same palio 1.6 u bought in india.
the values are from the workshop manual.not the owners manual.
and yes the compression ratio is what i stated.
Well, that's why Fiat's A.S.S. SUCKS. One thing in the owner's manual, and one thing in the workshop manual. And I still don't believe it. Can you post a pic of the page stating this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOSAM View Post
u cant get 720 bhp just by changing the cams . lot more is required to reach up to that values.. but the cams and then valves are the two things that are really hindering the performance of 1596 engine
Binz, here TURBOSAM himself is saying 720 bhp!

I call bullshiit on all these claims. I'd like to see some proof of 0 overlap, 272+ bhp on a 1.6 in a Grande Punto, or is it 720 bhp, and 10.5 compression. Like I said, BULLSHIIT.
Old 23rd April 2007, 19:00   #102
BHPian

All Fiat gurus,
Can u spread some light on performance of PALIO 1.9D (sport).Is the torque..power and stuffs comparable to PALIO 1.6 ??The multijet 1.9D version is no more available in PALIOs in INDIA as far as I am not wrong..
Old 23rd April 2007, 19:03   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Well, that's why Fiat's A.S.S. SUCKS.
Akshay,
Whats the relation between compression ratios and Fiat A.S.S? Well I dont vouch for any bhp claims here and agree with you about the claims but let us be respectful and choose our words very carefully. It looks more of a personal bashing than a "I want to know" post.

Going by most experiences on Fiat service in Pune I can assure you that it is better than what most manufacturers here. I shall post my experience shortly.

I read about your post about the claimed "fastest Palio in India" which I claim to be plain crap unless of course I drive it, make my own frame of comparison reference and it makes me a moron to say this. But I have my doubts on the modifications done to Harrie's car and there has to be a reason for him to sell it? Can I blindly call it a pathetic mod job? Apparently his suspension did not hold up I assume but assumptions dont lead me anywhere. I haven't heard more than a port polish and free flow job done on the car and Harrie claimed he felt it to be more than 130 bhp on a PM when he got it done.

Rishism: Seeing is believing, touching is convincing .

Lets get back to chill mode and go a bit easy on this.
Old 23rd April 2007, 19:32   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopakr View Post
All Fiat gurus,
Can u spread some light on performance of PALIO 1.9D (sport).Is the torque..power and stuffs comparable to PALIO 1.6 ??The multijet 1.9D version is no more available in PALIOs in INDIA as far as I am not wrong..
I am not sure whether the 1.9D came with the Sport kit (Which more of cosmetic stuff than performance). There was no 1.9D Multijet sold in India but it is similar to the 1.9JTD in base design.

The power and other figures are not comparable to the 1.6 since they stand in leagues of their own. The 1.9D is tad slower in acceleration being a diesel. I love the torque the engine offers.

I assume you own a 1.9D. Just for kicks to test torque do this test:

1) Find the steepest slope in your region which is safe and secluded as far as possible.
2) Reach the base of the slope and facing the slope, slot your car in first gear, turn on the AC.
3) Load 4 people in the car, release the clutch slowly but do not accelerate.
4) Ensure that you have good quality Diesel in your car.

The car should climb the slope on idle without any hindrance. We have done a comparison with the Hyundai Accent CRDi and the Skoda Octavia 1.9TD. The Accent CRDi couldn't climb on idle and the Skoda's AC shut off.

Of course this is a very difference comparison and the Accent as well as the Skoda will eat the Palio raw in acceleration as well as top speed. This test is just to make you feel that you have a fast car .
Old 24th April 2007, 22:06   #105
BHPian

welcome to the real world of workshop manual!!

to all who have doubts @ the technical info @ palio 1596cc engine , please visit the nearest fiat /tata fiat dealership ,, read it again again and again. still if u dont believe in the figures,, then buy one 1.6 engine and open it urself!!!
simple
as am not well conversent with the process of copying it from the manual and posting on the forum, i am helpless .
still ill try!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks