BHPian

Re: Chrome Plating - Let 'em shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
Sudhir Gehani
Kiran Chrome Electroplating

098-22-119949
020-27120149

You can call and check details and technical feasibility with them.
I have plated lots of Lambretta parts with him. He is good at his job, but has become expensive off late. He also does Aluminium buffing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalaap View Post
Can you share the number for KCW?

I'm looking to getting a W203 grill chrome plated. It's in good shape, but there's some oxidization and some chrome has peeled off. It's regular plastic (or whatever that material is). Is it advisable to get this chrome painted or is that for metal only?
He doesn't plate on plastic. Only metal. Retain originality. Go for chrome. If the grill is too rusted that there are some pores out of rusting, you can braze the holes, level them and then give it for plating. You can also remove the headlamp glass from the sealed beam, plate the headlamp reflector and give a new look to the original reflectors (only if it is metallic reflector).
Old 19th June 2014, 16:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if this is out of topic but can someone tell me how i can get rid of chrome plating? I own a Honda CRV and want to get rid of the garish chrome plated grill (of which there are 2 ). I would like to get them blackened. I hear its not as simple as visiting a paint shop as its not easy to conceal the chrome plated surface in paint as it would just flow over the slippery surface.

Please help! I live in bangalore!
Old 19th June 2014, 17:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Sorry if this is out of topic but can someone tell me how i can get rid of chrome plating? I own a Honda CRV and want to get rid of the garish chrome plated grill (of which there are 2 ). I would like to get them blackened. I hear its not as simple as visiting a paint shop as its not easy to conceal the chrome plated surface in paint as it would just flow over the slippery surface.

Please help! I live in bangalore!
There are chemical availavble to strip the chrome. I think bleach works good to remove chrome. How ever I have not done this on real car. I have used Mr. Muscle Kitchen cleaner (which i think is kind of a bleach only)and also the waxpol rubbing polish to remove chrome from plastics of 1:24 and 1:18 scale models. And yes we have to remove chrome before painting over it.

Last edited by manishalive : 19th June 2014 at 17:05.
Old 24th June 2014, 16:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

Can someone let me know a good plating joint around Bangalore East area. I checked if Vijaylakshmi is still located on Millers roads and seems they have moved or shut down.
I know one off Tannery road, but he overcharges and the quality is not great.
Old 30th June 2014, 12:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
There are chemical availavble to strip the chrome. I think bleach works good to remove chrome. How ever I have not done this on real car. I have used Mr. Muscle Kitchen cleaner (which i think is kind of a bleach only)and also the waxpol rubbing polish to remove chrome from plastics of 1:24 and 1:18 scale models. And yes we have to remove chrome before painting over it.
Well, it is not necessary to remove all the chrome or nickel for painting over it. Simply get rid of the shine with a medium grade emery paper or a buffing wheel, and paint will stick to the roughened/dull surface. I have successfully repainted electroplated surfaces on my bike and four wheelers, because re-plating by local shops never lasts as well as the original finish, particularly in humid places like Calcutta, Mumbai or Chennai. In Delhi or other inland locations, chrome lasts long, even if water and grime are not wiped off frequently.

Make sure to scratch all nooks and corners of the CRV grill well, wash away the dust, and paint over.
Old 6th February 2023, 07:54   #36
BHPian

There's an establishment located at Hadapsar MIDC. The proprietor is a chap named Sunny Yadav. He does decent quality work for the price quoted.
His phone number is -
+919881824820
Old 13th February 2024, 10:55   #37
BHPian

Hey Guys

Reviving an old thread, does anyone in Bangalore have contacts for chrome electroplating services. Any leads will be really helpful.

Cheers
Cliff

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks