Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2007, 10:42   #1
BHPian

Best Place in Pune for Performance Exhaust for Swift

Hi,
I have read a lot about the performance Exhaust modification place in Mumbai. Can anyone please let me know what is the place to do the mods in Pune or it is better to drive down to Mumbai and do it there.. I read in some auto magzine about Automech.. So I asked them about it... Mr. Vivek told me that the components that will be fitted in the Swift will be the header, expansion chamber, intermediate pipe and the rear muffler. All these will be in Mild Steel for Rs 8500. The only Stainless Steel option is the rear muffler, which will add Rs 3500 to the total cost of the installataion. It is the price OK or is he charging more... Or if anybody has done in from other place then please let me know the price of the above mentioned component....There is one place in Pune they deal in Remus and the cost is Rs 17900/- . I want to go in for full change rather then just change the Muffler only ...Please help me...
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:32   #2
Team-BHP Support

IMHO avoid Sohail. I haven't met this guy but heard about him through fellow members Edmund and Payam who have got work done from him. They are highly disappointed and curse him to the core. After this, I do not know of any expertise in Pune. I have tried Automech but will not recommend them to anyone again!
Old 23rd April 2007, 13:58   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the advice.... I think I would go for Viper.... I just spoke Jignesh and he told me that it can be delivered to Pune by GATI..... I did not speak much as he was driving.... If you know any place where they can just install it in Pune that would be great help..
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:08   #4
Team-BHP Support

I can try. Will PM you my number. We can get it fixed over the weekend. Will Viper provide a bolt on setup (i.e. no welding required packet)? If that is the case then it shouldn't be difficult.
Old 23rd April 2007, 16:29   #5
BHPian

It is a bolt on Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I can try. Will PM you my number. We can get it fixed over the weekend. Will Viper provide a bolt on setup (i.e. no welding required packet)? If that is the case then it shouldn't be difficult.
Just got confirmation from Viper that it is a Bolt on Setup...
Old 23rd April 2007, 20:01   #6
BHPian

so he has decrease his prices,i paid 9500 for the same he qouted you,let me tell you kumar just avoid sohail if you want a proper FFE that gives you a good performance,his FFE has just given me sound and nothing else.agree go to viper as i have heard he is the best now adays
Old 24th April 2007, 10:17   #7
BHPian

Yesterday when I surfing the net I found that there is N1 Racing Equiptment based in Mumbai that deals in number of imported performance product. There was MagnaFlow, 5ZIGEN and Borla Exhaust and I just enquired about the MagnaFlow and they told me that they have end can for swift for Rs. 9500 + 450 for installation. Then he said something about the CatBack system in Stainless steel...
Stainless steel piping Rs. 6500
Magnaflow resonator(pre-muffler for catbacks) - Rs. 5500
Hence the entire catback will cost Rs. 9500 + 6500 + 5500 = 21500 incl of 12.5%VAT and installation. If someone has some info please let me know how is MagnaFlow and the CatBack system
Old 24th April 2007, 10:34   #8
BHPian

Thanks for Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
so he has decrease his prices,i paid 9500 for the same he qouted you,let me tell you kumar just avoid sohail if you want a proper FFE that gives you a good performance,his FFE has just given me sound and nothing else.agree go to viper as i have heard he is the best now adays
Thanks for the advice... I am already in touch with Viper and he told me that he can send the FFE by GATI and I have to install it in Pune. Do you know any place where they can fit the FFE in Pune as this would be a Bolt on Steup.
Old 26th April 2007, 02:02   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
hey payam I think you need to explain him better what you are looking for ..
I have a few questions ..
1] what performance are you looking for ? bottom end, mid range or topend ?
2] it depends on your car also .. how much power are you having currently ? BTW which car do you drive ? the power gains/powerband gains may not be perceptable so much depending on your car's BHP possibly.
3] and how much of a performance are you expecting with the FFE system ?
4] which parts did you get from him ? headers ,catback,axle back, do you still have the cat or a gutted cat ? did you add any custom tip to the end of your muffler ? did you change the dia of all the pipes ?

dude I'm just curious why you feel the FFE has only given you sound and no pereceptable difference.. the powerband should have moved somehere in the rev range ...

Last edited by chetanhanda : 26th April 2007 at 02:15.
Old 26th April 2007, 09:50   #10
BHPian

Can you help..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
hey payam I think you need to explain him better what you are looking for ..
I have a few questions ..
1] what performance are you looking for ? bottom end, mid range or topend ?
2] it depends on your car also .. how much power are you having currently ? BTW which car do you drive ? the power gains/powerband gains may not be perceptable so much depending on your car's BHP possibly.
3] and how much of a performance are you expecting with the FFE system ?
4] which parts did you get from him ? headers ,catback,axle back, do you still have the cat or a gutted cat ? did you add any custom tip to the end of your muffler ? did you change the dia of all the pipes ?

dude I'm just curious why you feel the FFE has only given you sound and no pereceptable difference.. the powerband should have moved somehere in the rev range ...
Can you please suggest me what kind of setup will be required If I want to get the mid range or top end performance.. I do not wish to be too loud just to be a silent (as possible) killer machine.....
Old 26th April 2007, 19:24   #11
BHPian

chetan here are your anwers:
1.top end
2.i am drivng a palio 1.2 which is 72 bhp stock, as i said before i dont obsee any power gain by FFE only 5 to 6% gain i have got by k&n
3.7 to 8% which is sensible if i would have got it
4.i got header,axle back and cat is removed and he added custome tip
what i say is that see sohail doesnt calculate for making headers the pipes are too small that suite 800,straight pipe is not there lots of bending.
i said the FFEIS given me only sound is true and if there is any power gain it is so neglible.
Old 27th June 2007, 12:38   #12
BHPian

Dude,
When you find someone to put 'Remus' in your car in Pune please PM me, I will be there with you to get my car done as well...:-) esp. if its a local guy in Pune it will be much of help.
Thanks a lot...
Old 27th June 2007, 16:45   #13
BHPian

Which Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Dude,
When you find someone to put 'Remus' in your car in Pune please PM me, I will be there with you to get my car done as well...:-) esp. if its a local guy in Pune it will be much of help.
Thanks a lot...
Which car do you want to install Remus?
Old 28th June 2007, 14:08   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
Which car do you want to install Remus?
Looking to install it on a Skoda 1.8Tpi.
Thanks,
Old 15th March 2009, 10:02   #15
BHPian

i got my free flow done my my 2000 honda city 1.5 from sohail(kondhwa) rs 6000/- flat and honestly i have never been more satisfied-with his service and the exhausts performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
Hi,
I have read a lot about the performance Exhaust modification place in Mumbai. Can anyone please let me know what is the place to do the mods in Pune or it is better to drive down to Mumbai and do it there.. I read in some auto magzine about Automech.. So I asked them about it... Mr. Vivek told me that the components that will be fitted in the Swift will be the header, expansion chamber, intermediate pipe and the rear muffler. All these will be in Mild Steel for Rs 8500. The only Stainless Steel option is the rear muffler, which will add Rs 3500 to the total cost of the installataion. It is the price OK or is he charging more... Or if anybody has done in from other place then please let me know the price of the above mentioned component....There is one place in Pune they deal in Remus and the cost is Rs 17900/- . I want to go in for full change rather then just change the Muffler only ...Please help me...

Most Viewed