Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2021, 11:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Fastag for a used car

I have a used car still under the process of getting it transferred to my name.
Due to the nature of my travel had to get the fast tag from day 1.

Like many have mentioned the tag is linked to the vehicle registered and not to the owners name. It would become a hassle with the fleet owners if that would have been the case.
Old 15th March 2021, 15:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raktim_suparna View Post
I recently purchased an used car that came with its own fastag and now I want to put a new one. The previous owner has deactivated it.

May I just get a new fastag immediately? Or, do I have to wait for the name transfer to complete first and then get it?
Apply for a new one & you should get it within a week. And as many already said, no issues as all you need is a valid RC. Some like ICICI bank don't even need that, they check the validity on Vaahan site, all they ask for is car regn # and shipping address.
I've got ICICI fastag linked to my bank account for my dad's car, no issues.
Old 16th March 2021, 19:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raktim_suparna View Post
I recently purchased an used car that came with its own fastag and now I want to put a new one. The previous owner has deactivated it.

May I just get a new fastag immediately? Or, do I have to wait for the name transfer to complete first and then get it?
Had to face the same issue with my new car, it did not get the fast tag, as car was still on temp no, and I went on a road trip unaware of the fact that double toll is being charged if you pay in cash. For one stretch of my journey I initially thought that the toll had actually increased that much. Later on stopped ahead of a toll where these agents were selling fast tags, they linked it to the chassis number of my car, they asked me to send them a copy of RC once I get it so that they will link it to the registration number. The SMS alerts quoted the chassis no and toll amount charged. You can do the same.
HEMIOrange is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 09:01   #19
BHPian

I got a pre-owned WagonR two months ago. The RC Transfer took 2+ months and got the new RC last week. Today I was trying to purchase Fast tag for this car on PayTM, got following message. Looks like the previous owner has not deactivated the earlier fast tag.

FASTag already issued for this number. Please write to CST to reissue in case of lost/broken Fastag Contact us

What are my options?

Last edited by mp417 : 5th February 2022 at 09:02.
Old 27th April 2022, 13:32   #20
BHPian

I'm facing the very same issue! Bought the car via a dealer but while trying to purchase a FasTag via PayTM, the message says 'A FASTag is already issued to this Vehicle Number. To order a replacement tag please tap here'. But I can order a replacement only for the tags that I've purchased.

Can anyone enlighten if I can still purchase a tag directly from a toll booth or so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
I got a pre-owned WagonR two months ago. The RC Transfer took 2+ months and got the new RC last week. Today I was trying to purchase Fast tag for this car on PayTM, got following message. Looks like the previous owner has not deactivated the earlier fast tag.

FASTag already issued for this number. Please write to CST to reissue in case of lost/broken Fastag Contact us

What are my options?
Old 27th April 2022, 13:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
I'm facing the very same issue! Bought the car via a dealer but while trying to purchase a FasTag via PayTM, the message says 'A FASTag is already issued to this Vehicle Number. To order a replacement tag please tap here'. But I can order a replacement only for the tags that I've purchased.

Can anyone enlighten if I can still purchase a tag directly from a toll booth or so?
Try to get tag from another vendor, like ICICI bank or other bank you've account with. But ideally you'll have to get the earlier issued tag disabled for the given vehicle, as that's the rule.
It's easier for ICICI as it doesn't need to upload RC and just needs registration number to validate.
Old 28th April 2022, 02:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Try to get tag from another vendor, like ICICI bank or other bank you've account with. But ideally you'll have to get the earlier issued tag disabled for the given vehicle, as that's the rule.
It's easier for ICICI as it doesn't need to upload RC and just needs registration number to validate.
I tried with ICICI but since I don't have an account with them, I couldn't go ahead. I have an account with Bank of Baroda but weirdly, since my car registration number is 9 characters in total, it showed as invalid (meaning, eg. TN 02 A 2800 is invalid where as if there were two alphabets, like TN 02 AF 2800, it's valid). Couldn't find a way out of this and kept looking for other options. On one such random hunt, went to HDFC website and ordered it without any hurdles.

So, HDFC offers FASTag even if someone's not banking with them. There's such minimal formality that I immediately ordered one today and am expecting delivery of it in 3-4 days. Will update the rest as soon as I receive it.
Old 28th April 2022, 07:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post

What are my options?
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post

Here's what I did and it worked for me. The car came with a KVB tag if I recall correctly. Once the ownership transfer was done, I applied for ICICI Bank FasTag via Google Pay. Everything was done through the mobile app, no physical interaction at all. Had to upload RC copy and one other document, received the tag at the address mentioned in the RC within a week of applying. This was in Kerala by the way. I just removed the old tag once the balance was used up and pasted the new one. I didn't face any issues with the new tag at any of the tollbooths.

I don't have an account with ICICI Bank. I use UPI to recharge the tag, which can be dicey at times. It's better to recharge before your trip for peace of mind. I didn't face any problem with tag detection / validity / balance at any toll booth so far. I have crossed at least 10-12 different booths upto now.

Last edited by longhorn : 28th April 2022 at 07:38.
Old 13th September 2022, 13:14   #24
BHPian

Hello All. Am looking to buy a pre-owned vehicle. When I tried to get a Fastag with the car registration number from my bank, I got the message 'The given vehicle number is Hotlisted by some other bank' What does that mean and what can I do to work around this?

Thanks in advance
Old 13th September 2022, 14:27   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_babushka View Post
.. a pre-owned vehicle. When I tried to get a Fastag with the car registration number from my bank, I got the message 'The given vehicle number is Hotlisted by some other bank' What does that mean and what can I do to work around this?
Ask previous owner to get his old tag cancelled. If he does that, any dues etc would then be taken care of. Post that, you can get a tag in your name.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 14:37   #26
BHPian

Thank you. Will explore this option
Old 2nd December 2022, 17:33   #27
BANNED

I have sold my car in November 2022 to True Value, and buying new car on December 2022.

I have some balance left in my sold car's Fastag; how should I claim it back?
Old 4th December 2022, 22:25   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingyogi View Post
I have some balance left in my sold car's Fastag; how should I claim it back?
Login to the service provider site and transfer any specific amount linked to that fastag to the wallet and get your new fastag from same service provider to utilize the same.

Or you can apply for closing the account and get the amount transferred to your bank account.

Call / reach your service provider for better update.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks