Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you repaint a brand new car?
Yes 28 6.59%
No 397 93.41%
Voters: 425. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2021, 05:30   #61
BHPian

Re: Repainting a brand new car | Is it a bad idea?

IMO you can do whatever you want with the new car as it is YOUR car.People do worse things to their brand new cars.Also , if you are the petrol pump or let the gardener wash car kind of person , it won't make any difference in the long run.
Old 17th March 2021, 09:46   #62
BHPian

Repainting a car anyway reduces the resale value of a car,over that it's a premium SUV so the loss in resale value will be massive. 5 years down the line when you try to sell your car, dealers and potential buyers will try to shy away from purchasing your car. Repainting a car to a completely new colour is a tedious and time consuming job. Various body panels like ,windscreens, doors, boot lid, hood, door pads, speakers, few electrical wirings, seats, rubber bindings, front shock absorbers has to be removed to gain access to remote areas which still have the old colour.All together it doesn't make sense to completely strip down a new car and paint it in a completely new colour. My advise would be wait for few more months to get the colour of your choice or else get the car wrapped in the current available colour.
Old 4th March 2023, 20:38   #63
BHPian

Sorry to re-initiate this old thread, but wanted to add a couple of points on the legal aspect (Atleast in Karnataka)

Before repainting a car, we need RTO permission.
After repaint is done, we need to register the new colour.

However, this option is not available anymore in the updated Software in Bangalore RTO. Even the RTO was clueless last year, when I was trying to rerigster my Red Alto as White. So, if you already have repainted, it is a deadlock. Even the best of agents won't be able to change the paint colour in your RC.
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 12:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
However, this option is not available anymore in the updated Software in Bangalore RTO. So, if you already have repainted, it is a deadlock. Even the best of agents won't be able to change the paint colour in your RC.
I'm in the same boat now, I had already applied for an online application for alteration (color change) and paid the fees. But RTO isn't ready to process it further for inspection and RC update.

Awaiting more info on what can be done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks