Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2024, 10:54   #61
BHPian

Re: My experience & review of after-market CNG Kits | Why you MUST periodically change the filters

Quote:
Originally Posted by justadiz View Post
The car is old, by 12 years and 95,000km on the odometer. I wish to keep her for a couple of years(or until the 15 year re-registration)
My Kizashi is also 12 years old now but gives very good mileage on CNG (~20 km/kg). You can easily re-register and continue using unlike me as I'll have to scrap it after 15 years. Otherwise i would have kept it forever because of CNG.
Old 16th February 2024, 12:36   #62

Re: My experience & review of after-market CNG Kits | Why you MUST periodically change the filters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
My Kizashi is also 12 years old now but gives very good mileage on CNG (~20 km/kg). You can easily re-register and continue using unlike me as I'll have to scrap it after 15 years. Otherwise i would have kept it forever because of CNG.
Wow, the Kizashi has a 2 litre engine if i am correct, you get that much mileage out of it????

That gives me some optimism :-), the dealer said my santro is expected to give about 25km/kg on cng, most users here report they get around 20-22km/kg on santro with cng.

In any case, i gave it to the fitment center today morning, they said they are gonna take a look at it. Ill update here when i do get it fixed.
Old 17th February 2024, 13:01   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, the Kizashi has a 2 litre engine if i am correct, you get that much mileage out of it????
Its 2.4 litre engine with 175 PS. On CNG i believe this would reduce significantly. Also since the car is old some of its original horsepower would've been lost by now. But with some light footed driving it easily crosses 20 km/kg mark.
Old 17th February 2024, 20:47   #64

Quote:
Its 2.4 litre engine with 175 PS. On CNG i believe this would reduce significantly. Also since the car is old some of its original horsepower would've been lost by now. But with some light footed driving it easily crosses 20 km/kg mark.
So, is it a conventional kit or a sequential kit you have in there?

Oh, as for the santro, i got it fixed, the fitment guys gave my car back yesterday, runs on Petrol and CNG, there is a slight jerk when i switch between the two, other than that, it was fine......until today morning, when i started my car and discovered i have a vacuum leak in the intake manifold from one of those rubber pipes, so i had to drive my car in Petrol the whole day, because the moment i switch to CNG, it starts revving up and idles at around 2500 rpm or something.

Yesterday, the cng guys told me its a coolant issue and i need to get my radiator cleaned, it sounded like a lie, nevertheless im getting a service at HASS this monday where i intend to clean my radiator as well as get the vaccum leak fixed.
Old 18th February 2024, 18:41   #65
BHPian

Quote:
So, is it a conventional kit or a sequential kit you have in there?
It's a sequential kit since all obd2 cars require that (i think).
Old 19th February 2024, 06:49   #66

Quote:
It's a sequential kit since all obd2 cars require that (i think).
I see.

I found the vaccum leak myself using smoke from incense stick, it was leaking from the cracked plastic base of the IAC Actuator, i fixed it myself using Mseal.

Still has to get the Radiator cleaned, the Car misfires while on CNG, makes that "phut phut" sound through the exhaust, any tips to get rid of it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks