Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2007, 07:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Using 15" alloy rim on Honda City Zx

Getting Honda City Zx (Exi) within weeks..thinking of trading the stock wheels with a 15" Alloy rim. I hated the way the city looks with small wheels.. just couldn't digest it very much... Otherwise a superb car.. The city comes with 15" wheels as standard in SouthEast Asia (Thailand, Malaysia etc) and hence, don't think it should be a problem using one here... I was following the tyres modification that can be done on NHC.. but couldn't find any reference to the use of 15" rim..

Wanted to know:

* Which alloy rims (15") should I get? and from where? (resides in delhi)
* What tyres will go great with 15"?
* Will the use of 15" rims void the warranty of the car?
* I am sure that it may affect the mileage. How much should I expect in city condition?
* How much can I expect for my stock tyres (in exchange)?
* In exchange, does it include the stock rims as well?
* Exi lacks a mp3 player.. and 2 speakers only ... Which mp3 player to get? And advice on upgrading the speakers to 4 or 6?

Please BHPians... help me out in making my city looks yums...
Old 28th April 2007, 14:32   #2
BHPian

Use the search function i just posted a thread regarding 15" alloys recently. Have a look

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...zer-250-a.html

I upgraded like 1 week ago..if you want help let me know am from delhi too.

Plus the VTEC has a 2DIN player, i'm selling that off just in case you're interested PM me
Old 29th April 2007, 15:17   #3

get the BSA 248 rims .....i m not sure if they come in size 15........i saw 16 inch on a honda city but they look cool.
Old 29th April 2007, 19:48   #4
elf
BANNED

Hi iTNerd.

Remember that all your accessories & modifications are a very personal choice, depending upon whether you, your dog, your wife, your neighbour or your accessory-wallah like them or not. Budgets often play a large part in the selection process.

In response ...
  • Which alloy rims (15") should I get? and from where? (resides in delhi)
    Alloy rim design will depend entirely upon you. I suggest you go to a known tyre dealer if possible & select whatever he has there. Usually available cheap are Chinese, Korean, Malaysian, Thai & Indian rims. The European & American rims are way more expensive & also sometimes harder to come by. You can contact any Delhi members via PM (request iraghava - he's sometimes nice enough to help out noobies )
  • What tyres will go great with 15"?
    Well, the smartest response would be 15" tyres. 14" may be a damn tight fit & may require some banging on your new rims. 16" will leave you a flub-flub sound & may make you unhappy.
    If you're asking for a brand, then that too depends upon your requirements - whether you want ride / handling, or longevity / grippiness, or a compromise between all. I personally swear by Goodyear Eagle Venturas. But I'm the only donkey on the forum doing so. I might as well be flogging a dead horse with that suggestion.
    For a tyre upsize calculator, check out this link:
    http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
  • Will the use of 15" rims void the warranty of the car?
    You'll have to check with Honda in your case. It shouldn't, & maybe other owners can answer that better.
  • I am sure that it may affect the mileage. How much should I expect in city condition?
    Well, if you go in for thicker tyres than stock, expect a drop between 1-2 km/litre. This is on the presumption that you've upsized correctly & that your overall wheel / tyre circumference stays within 1-2% of OE (see above tyre size calculator for details).
  • How much can I expect for my stock tyres (in exchange)?
    Frankly, cr@p if used. Like 150 bucks per tyre & wheel. Unless you go straight to the dealer from the showroom. In which case it again depends from dealer to dealer. I suggest you shop around for a bit & then come back here & ask if the deal seems right before you get your car & close the deal.
  • In exchange, does it include the stock rims as well?
    Again, depends upon your deal. Some finicky people prefer to keep their OE stock wheels & tyres for use during the rains or when they want to sell the car, so they don't bother going in for an exchange.
  • Exi lacks a mp3 player.. and 2 speakers only ... Which mp3 player to get? And advice on upgrading the speakers to 4 or 6?
    A 6 speaker system would always be nice. Components up front with a nice pair of ovals at the back would give you decent sound. The system again is your choice. I prefer Infinity with Alpine, you may prefer JBL with Kenwood or Sony with Pioneer, or an all JVC system, depending upon your likes, dislikes & budget.
Old 29th April 2007, 20:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hello Elf, Thanks for your valuable comments.. really helps.. Would be soon in touch with some tyres dealers in karol bagh and for post their quotes.. hoping to at least redeem 1/3rd of the whichever 15" tyres I get
Old 30th April 2007, 03:14   #6
BHPian

If you get your tyres changed asap you should easily be able to get more than 1/3th the price of the same

@elf- I managed to sell of my worn out bridgestones + 4 rims for around 1200 to a small shop. Not bad, I say.
Old 30th April 2007, 08:48   #7
elf
BANNED

And I managed to sell of 4 Bridgestones along with the Lancer's OE steel wheels for 75 bucks a pop to my local tyre repair-wallah.
Old 30th April 2007, 09:45   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
And I managed to sell of 4 Bridgestones along with the Lancer's OE steel wheels for 75 bucks a pop to my local tyre repair-wallah.
75 bucks and that too with OE steel wheels???? Were you in a donating spree????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks