Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2007, 10:47   #1
BHPian

Fiat Palio S10 Green CAI

Hi! My S10 had already completed 35000kms and i really wanted something that can make the car a bit powerful. Then I started seraching the internet for solutions available for Fiat Palio 1.6 but to my surprise i could not find anything that is fitted bolt-on Palio 1.6.So after a lot of time searching on the net and disappointed with the results, i contacted Jyot of Nath Performance, a good friend and a car tuner regarding my query.

As i wanted to play safe and wanted to avoid major modifications to the car, he advised me to go in for the Green universal intake kit, Storm. He also advised me to go in for the dynamisation kit so that the Storm would be a full fledged cold air intake kit.

With lots of confusion in my mind whether to install the filter or not, Jyot gave me confidence to go ahead and install the same.
He ordered a carbon fibre finished filter from Peter, but it took long for Jyot to get the delivery as the filter with Peter was out os stock and the new shipment was on the way.

I was really excited when Jyot called me up and said that the filter had came and it looked awesome. I quickly went and took the delivery of that filter.

Due to my busy schedule, i went to Tej Motors after a few days to get the installation done. Tej Motors is an authorised Fiat worshop, but due to close reltionship with their personnel, it has become my own performance workshop where i perform the modifications needed.

With getting the modification done at Tej Motors, there are two advantages.One is that they have a through knowlege of Fiat Cars so they can do a clean job and other is that the personnel are excited enough to do a challenging job like fitting a cold air intake rather than doing a boring job.

Here are the pictures of the installation,

Removal of the Bumper

Fender removal for better installation

Fender removed

Stock Air Box removed

Green "STORM" Fitted with dynamisation kit

An Air Sucker

Installation Complete

After the installation was completed, we went on a test drive to check whether everything was working fine.After the installation, what i found was that the engine note has improved and it sounds sporty. Engine responsiveness has also improved and it feels a lot smoother than before.
Though you do not experience neck wrenching power, but you do notice a difference of about 6-8% in the power. Will definately keep you update on the fuel efficiency front.
bhavit46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2007, 12:47   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wicked install! How safe is it to keep the CAI under the fender? Also, isnt it recommended to have the minimum amount of curves which may amount to some restriction?

Also check out any free-flow options. The Palio 1.6 engine sounds deliciously deep-throat (no pun intended) with a good exhaust.
Old 28th April 2007, 13:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Great install Bhavit! Thanks for the pics too. You're lucky to have a co-operative Fiat A. S. S. joint handy to help.

Is this one of those Green kits with forced induction (a fan-thing inside?). Real $3xy looking filter!
Old 28th April 2007, 15:28   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wicked install! How safe is it to keep the CAI under the fender? Also, isnt it recommended to have the minimum amount of curves which may amount to some restriction?

Also check out any free-flow options. The Palio 1.6 engine sounds deliciously deep-throat (no pun intended) with a good exhaust.

Hi! Actually the original filter position was located in the fender and as i didnt want to cut metal, i thought it would be best to keep the new CAi there. Moreover, Keeping the intake pipe in the fender prevents water and small stones from entering the filter.

The pipe has steel rolls inside so that the pipe does not bent from the middle thereby allowing maximum air even with more curves.

I installed a Magnaflow muffler in my Palio but it wasnt a perfect fit as i wanted so i sold it off and returned to the original OEM muffler.

Also have ordered Brembo brake discs from Uk and ZF Sachs Suspension from Germany..will keep you updated on this front..
Old 28th April 2007, 15:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Great install Bhavit! Thanks for the pics too. You're lucky to have a co-operative Fiat A. S. S. joint handy to help.

Is this one of those Green kits with forced induction (a fan-thing inside?). Real $3xy looking filter!

Thanks dude. No its not a forced induction. Its just a conical filter inside a heat sheild.
Old 28th April 2007, 15:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

OMG! the filter looks awsome.

just a querry:

wont water get sucked in through the intake pipe from the wheel-well during rainiy season(while the car is in motion)?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 28th April 2007 at 15:47.
Old 28th April 2007, 16:21   #7
BHPian

very good looking filter and nic job,its really hard to do any under hood mods on 1.6 but its a decent job man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavit46 View Post

Also have ordered Brembo brake discs from Uk and ZF Sachs Suspension from Germany..will keep you updated on this front..

wow,what else man??these are amazing mods.
Old 28th April 2007, 17:07   #8
BHPian

NIce install \, but CAI intside the fender and in the wheel arch is a suspect. Also the flexible intake pipe after hte pipe should not be used as it has a tendency to break with age and you wont even notice it. So engine would be breathing in all the dust from the engine bay. how much did the filter cost you?
Old 28th April 2007, 19:01   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
NIce install \, but CAI intside the fender and in the wheel arch is a suspect. Also the flexible intake pipe after hte pipe should not be used as it has a tendency to break with age and you wont even notice it. So engine would be breathing in all the dust from the engine bay. how much did the filter cost you?
Dont worry dude, the flexible pipe has a milliom mile warranty and will not break cause its very high quality and its original Green. The original air box had a outlet in the fender itself... so i dont think there should be much of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
OMG! the filter looks awsome.

just a querry:

wont water get sucked in through the intake pipe from the wheel-well during rainiy season(while the car is in motion)?
i dont think so. As i have installed the piping in the same position as OEM intake pipe, it should be fine. I dont know why FIAT has put the air intake pipe in the fender. I assume that they have engineerined it perfectly and so the natural think to do is to imitate them.
Old 28th April 2007, 19:05   #10
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
... wont water get sucked in through the intake pipe from the wheel-well during rainiy season(while the car is in motion)?
Not if the original plastic wheel-well cladding is replaced. Been meaning to do this on my car as well since ages, not getting time.
Neat job, bhavit46. Congrats!

@Mods:
Could you resize the pics for visibility on 1024x768 screens please? This page is all over the place!

Last edited by elf : 28th April 2007 at 19:08.
Old 29th April 2007, 11:52   #11
BANNED

cool work dude..was planning to fit in an extreme k&n filter in my 1.6....was amazed by the work done in ur ride....how much did it cost u for the entrire setup(including the installation charges?....
Old 29th April 2007, 13:13   #12
BANNED

Wow!! That's an awwesome work. Nicely done.

I know what Hafi has is thinking now.
Old 29th April 2007, 15:30   #13
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Awesome work Bhavit , this is exactly the kinda thing we'd been planning to do too.

Cheers
Old 29th April 2007, 18:05   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
cool work dude..was planning to fit in an extreme k&n filter in my 1.6....was amazed by the work done in ur ride....how much did it cost u for the entrire setup(including the installation charges?....

The filter cost me INR 6000, Dynamisation Kit cost me INR 3200 and the installation charge was INR 500. It was absolutely worth it.
Old 29th April 2007, 23:57   #15
BHPian

Very neat install man....If you are satisfied then its totally worth the money

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks