Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2007, 22:41   #1

Any experienced used (OHC) car buyers???????

hey guyz i am really close to purchasing a used 2002 honda city.Can anyone give me some advice on what to look for , in terms of mechanical faults . What should i look for under the hood? Should i look for anything else specifically for damage.This car is basically a stock car......stock wheels, radio cassette player ,done 100000 kms nothing extra is coming with it. What is a fair price to pay for this car if it has no underlying damage.i appreciate all the help i can get.

gaurav
Old 2nd May 2007, 12:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey jatt...

Before i give out the suggestions, would like to know some info... like:
Which year....type of ownership??... 1.3 or 1.5 or a vtech?

Few points you may want to keep in mind....before buying this car..
Since the car has done about a lakh kms...
- Check Winshiled... you might many sartches.. small cracks...it will cost you about 7k to fix(Winshield Experts)...at *** it will cost you about 10k
- Check the suspensions....it would have got weaker by now
- Clutch....see if it is not rusty....
- Paint... might have got faded....scratches... dents....repainting will easily cost you around 20k..same color
Tyre - Surely it would be on its second set....but do give a serious look...a good set of 5 tubless rubber will cost you about 15+... also rims would have many dents...rust....you may have to change them...

All the above points are made keeping the kms run by the vehicle...though OHC can run very well for over 2 lacs... thier might be many small niggling issues..

Need to rush for a meeting now... will give more info later.. good luck

Most Viewed