Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Lovely wheels. Excellent choice of alloys.
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
An OT question and somewhat of a dampner maybe given the fun you are having with the car - do headers and FFE affect the 'pollution certificate' readings ? If so, can the car be tuned to stay within legal limits ?
You are removing the catcon. So, the pollution factor will be there. I got a pollution certificate done the day I got the FFE installed. Next bother is in 6 months, will see then ;-)

Awesome (cant find another word for it) alloys GTO. Just wondering how it is going to gleam once you get the wash and clean up done to the bay and components. It already looks awesome (there again. I should take English classes from Navin)
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:21   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is there any difference in mileage after FFE done.
Umm, dont know. Didnt check before and didnt check after. But I gotta tell you....a good exhaust will keep you revving just to hear the sound. To hell with FE

Quote:

An OT question and somewhat of a dampner maybe given the fun you are having with the car - do headers and FFE affect the 'pollution certificate' readings ?
Yup, the PUC will surely be higher than before since the cat is history.

Quote:
What did u do of the stock alloys??
Sold them back to Saifee. Got 8 grand for the set. Not bad considering two alloys were bent.

Quote:
Could you give exactly how much was spent on FFE alone,
Mid-Twenties

Quote:
Was it just the over-coat or the carz under gone full repaint (i mean scrapping the OE paint and then repaint) ?
More of an over-coat though there was damage / too many dings to count. So the exterior was totally refurbished.

Quote:
No, I don't buy the line about how much fun bald, rock hard bridgestones are! The car now actually handles like it should!
Well, we couldnt agree on your kwackers exhausts either, could we?

Thanks guys! Making the Vtec feel real good.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd May 2007 at 13:23.
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Aha - finally we have the decked up beauty out !

GTO - The alloys are killer man, absolute killer. And finally the OE tyres come off , phew !!

The headers and exhaust job looks neat too. the paint job is nice but I would have preferred BLACK. That would be a complete GANGSTA car with some rocking DISCO ice.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 3rd May 2007 at 13:27.
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Just a question, maybe psycho can answer it too.

If the headers are bolt on (assuming they come in 4x1 or 4x2x1 design) how does one choose the power delivery range like low-mid etc ?

I am assuming the header unit is one final piece where all pipes are already welded together and ready to be plonked in. Only thing needed is a straight pipe with end can to complete the FFE job. Please clarify.

P.S. Psycho is this SS Greddy header available for the esteem too? Can u let me know the price please? Thnx.
The headers are pre tuned for Mid to Top end and no the free flow would not make a diff until the dia is altered, I had already specified the dia to be used.

Sorry they are only avaialble for the Honda's.
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:00   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
how much fun bald, rock hard bridgestones are!
Khaadu , v1p3r and myself would vouch for this .. Maybe GTO will too .. Its a fun of a different kind .. However even more scarier is taking a VF750 slightly sideways because of hard rubber ..

Gto , congrats on the mods .. And specially the tires .. I am sure now you are having fun of a different kind ..
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:06   #37
BHPian

Very nicely done. Just the way i would want to do it. I like the way the colour of the wheels blend in with the rest of the car. You will be happy with the Yokos. Currently running the same on my ride and have to say that i was pretty impressed.

Rains are around the corner, otherwise i would have suggested a CAI. You will be amazed at the difference it makes, especially with the VTEC.

I fail to understand how the Automech guy can tune for power after the headers. Maybe I am getting it wrong. Did Keshav send you the headers or the header design ?

If you can get your hands on Disc brakes for the rears it will be a worthwhile investment. Should'nt be too difficult to source - Malaysia, Singapore , Thailand etc.

Congrats once again. Drive safe.
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:15   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the paint job is nice but I would have preferred BLACK. That would be a complete GANGSTA car with some rocking DISCO ice.
Funny you should mention this. The Vtec is my only non-black car. But somehow, I feel the colour is perfect. And not so common.

Quote:

I fail to understand how the Automech guy can tune for power after the headers. Maybe I am getting it wrong. Did Keshav send you the headers or the header design ?
Thanks for the compliments Sideways. Psycho did send me the headers, but I believe the rest of the piping (wrt diameter) can affect performance? Or can it? Smaller pipe = better low end. Larger = better high end?

Quote:
If you can get your hands on Disc brakes for the rears it will be a worthwhile investment.
You boys downsouth have much better infrastructure and expertise than us Mumbai'tes for such modifications. As of right now, I dont see anyone with the expertise out here for such a major modification. Period. Because what matters most to me is reliability and peace of the mind. (Though I would love to improve the braking and handling just so much!)

Last edited by GTO : 3rd May 2007 at 18:45.
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

All I can say is - S*W*E*E*T!
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude. Your car was fast to begin with. Now that it's modified, it's really gonna be fun to drive.

Any plans of getting the suspension stiffened?

Shan2nu
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:35   #41
Team-BHP Support

the color is perfect, i was even referring similar shade for viper in his post for repaint.

Ajmat had strut brace before suspension jon and he can give a real life feedback of the same.
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:40   #42
BHPian

GTO,
Congrats on the car revamp..
Finally all that matters is ur happy with what has been done.. And I am Glad that u r enjoying her every bit..
Cheerssss
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:42   #43
BHPian

Most people will follow the same dia i.e. at exit point of headers - When they become 1. Personally I prefer upsizing form there onwards atleast from personal experience I have found it to be much better. From the little experieince I have it is the tuned length which matters most.

With regards to the brakes, I think the kits you get form abroad are pretty straight forward and dont involve too much of modification drama. I can find out and let you know if you are interested. Better still, you can talk to Jitu. I know his stuff is high end but you will atleast get an idea of how much work is involved.

Last edited by Sideways : 3rd May 2007 at 14:43.
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

So you pimped your ride GTO Very nicely done. The Alloys are stunning & gel really well with the colour of the car. I like the understated looks, its always good to make people turn head by performance than by lights & decals.
Old 3rd May 2007, 15:14   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

LOVE ur HEADERS man .... spot on .... u got it just right .... congratulation on ur set of mods ....
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks