Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 11:24   #181
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
@GTO, that was a surprise since you maintained the VTEC so well :-) And it was completely trouble free as well. Hey, I (like most others) liked you keep your car for more than 5 years thread so much, that this is a bit unexpected (I am driving a Apr '03 Lancer).
Thread on the beauty of lateral upgrades coming up . Upgrade for not so much more money. And hey, I do still have a 12 year old Jeep!

Also, because she is in good shape, I got a reasonable price. I think it's a win-win deal. I got a slight premium because of the way I kept her. And the buyer got amongst the cleanest Vtecs of the country for a good price. I & Dippy quite like the guy who is buying the Vtec. It's his first car (HECK of a first car), he's a Vtec lover and (I hope) will keep her well. In fact, I'll take personal interest in him keeping my Vtec well by recommending places / people / work to be done. I think we petrolheads are NUTS!

Quote:
BTW, I hope that you have some Civic rear suspension mod planned ;-)
That, and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
in that case i will let you know if i spot any good accords for sale.
Thanks Akshay, much appreciate. Do also let me know of some super-clean Civics. Budget not a problem for the right car. I'd paid a huge premium for my Vtec, just because she was a 3,000 kms run example. Used cars anyways offer great value, I don't mind paying some $$$ more for a car that's special. 50 grand more at the start can save a lot of $$$ in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
The R18 is nowhere near the D when it comes to aftermarket mods or options, you can't even have something as simple as headers. It's a dream as far as bolt-on exterior stuff goes since we have the JDM version, but I assume you mean performance mods.
RD box + sports suspension to start with
Old 15th January 2010, 12:57   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread on the beauty of lateral upgrades coming up .
That one should be highly interesting :-)

Quote:
And hey, I do still have a 12 year old Jeep!
Quote:
I think we petrolheads are NUTS!
Can say that again!

Quote:
That, and more
That's another interesting thread on the mods I'll watch out for!
Old 15th January 2010, 13:14   #183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Thanks Akshay, much appreciate. Do also let me know of some super-clean Civics. Budget not a problem for the right car. I'd paid a huge premium for my Vtec, just because she was a 3,000 kms run example. Used cars anyways offer great value, I don't mind paying some $$$ more for a car that's special. 50 grand more at the start can save a lot of $$$ in the long run.

gto check out carwale too. i just looked and there are at least 3 civics which have run below 10k kms.
Old 15th January 2010, 16:49   #184
Senior - BHPian

i guess you are sitting on another fence with Accord on one side and the other side with Civic. Good example Civic sells for what price in Mumbai now a days? Good luck with your hunt. I'm sure you will hit a steal of a deal with all your gyan on Autos. I'm already feeling envious!! enjoy...
Old 16th January 2010, 12:52   #185
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Kutlee, seeing Civics for anywhere between 6.4 (for 2006 early models) to 8.xx for the later ones.
Old 17th January 2010, 15:11   #186
BHPian

I just sold a friend's 2006 Civic 1.8s Silver Colored, single hand driven for 7.5 lacs, here in Delhi, to an acquaintance. The car was of the first lot & was bought, next day of its launch.

Price was higher as it has done only 7900 kms & was literally showroom condition !

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 17th January 2010 at 15:18.
Old 18th January 2010, 19:00   #187
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dude came by and took delivery of the Vtec this afternoon. Had a lump in my throat as I saw him starting the Vtec, then driving her away. Gave her a goodbye kiss (, I know I'm nuts but.....), a faithful companion of many years. I landed at the Mumbai airport post-MBA in '03 and went "Vtec". Took 6 months to find her. She reliably drove me to work to my then-new companies in '04, the start of my own career (and Team-BHP as well). Not to mention all those saturday night dates and joy rides . In the 6 years that I had her, she was always there. The Benz would have its own complex issues, the Jeep its shoddy Mahindra build quality and frequent tantrums, the Indigo, well, inexistent and some niggles....but the Vtec was always there. Only one scheduled visit to Linkway each year (usually for 24 hours) and solid service for the other 364 days. Not to mention, the cheapest annual cost of ownership (lower maintenance bills than even the 3 year old Indigo). If there was one car that was in the service station for the LEAST amount of time, and served day after day without a single complaint, it's the Vtec. A car that was built to be high-revved and one that redefined the meaning of "driver feedback" in my dictionary. A rare breed of automobile that appeals to the head as well as the heart.

You gonna be sorely missed, pal. Pic taken with new owner in the driver seat. Thanks for all those smiles and wonderful memories. Chapter closed.

Report with Pics: Refurbishing my 1st-gen Honda City Vtec. And some mild performance mods!-18012010120.jpg
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2010, 19:06   #188
Senior - BHPian

Rush I can quite relate to the feeling mate. When I saw my baleno being driven away the day it was sold I was literally in tears. I simply went back home and changed the wallpaper on my desktop to the baleno's pic I had shot. She still sits there as my wall paper.
Old 18th January 2010, 20:25   #189
SRK
Senior - BHPian

After going through the last pages of this thread I felt really sad :(
Old 18th January 2010, 20:55   #190
Senior - BHPian

How i wish that i was that dude!
Old 19th January 2010, 17:33   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

If I ever even remotely think I should sell my Swift, I'll consciously become a hermit instead!
Old 15th March 2010, 16:06   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
If I ever even remotely think I should sell my Swift, I'll consciously become a hermit instead!
I guess that day comes for us all:

Team-BHP Classifieds - 2000 Mitsubishi Lancer GLXI - Phoenix - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

I just hope I get a buyer who will treasure Phoenix as much as the VTEC's new owner does the VTEC.
:(
Old 13th May 2012, 12:47   #193
BHPian

re: Report with Pics: Refurbishing my 1st-gen Honda City Vtec. And some mild performance mods!

Greetings all. Kinda an old thread to be resurrecting but I am in the market for one of these Vtec's and curious if/ where I can find some of these performance enhancements.

1) Greddy headers - I'm a long time fan and former user of Greddy. I'd pick their products over a custom job any day.

2) Cold Air Intake - I didn't find anything over at K&N's website and would prefer a mass produced solution over a custom job any day. Plan B is a higher flow panel replacement I guess

3) Catback exhaust - I hear Automech is still the best place to get one of these?

4) Strut Brace - A cheap and very effective mod

I realize this is an 11 year old car and hence difficult to chase down parts for. Any leads/ suggestions would be appreciated
Old 29th April 2015, 11:29   #194
BHPian

re: Report with Pics: Refurbishing my 1st-gen Honda City Vtec. And some mild performance mods!

Sorry for bumping an old thread,

I own a 2001 City Vtec (yes it has the low rpm jerk issue)which has clocked 135000 kms. I bought it 18 months back when the ODO reading was 120000 kms. The car was bone stock when I bought it. I have recently changed the head-unit and speakers and the car runs on Yokohama Earth1's.

The car roof has lost its base coat and it looks patchy (is it called oxidation??) and a small dent as well. Also the car has small dents and scratches all over the body. I am considering going for an overcoat (heather mist). And also rebuffing the alloys. The painter is coating Rs. 23000 for all this.

Also plan to go for free flow exhaust (Automech) costing Rs.12000. Is it necessary to go for CAI along with FFE? How much would it cost?

Also it would be of great help if the GURU's could tell me what all needs to be checked or changed as the 140000 kms servicing is approaching.

I plan to get the suspensions also checked. Is it advised to changed the suspension at 135000 kms? Is still running on stock shocks. How much would it cost to change to new OEM shocks?

Last edited by KaandBaaz : 29th April 2015 at 11:37.
Old 29th April 2015, 12:02   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
I own a 2001 City Vtec (yes it has the low rpm jerk issue)which has clocked 135000 kms.
Check the coils, coil wire and plugs. Then do a clean up of injectors if issue still persists.

Quote:
The painter is coating Rs. 23000 for all this.
Reasonable i would say.

Quote:
Also plan to go for free flow exhaust (Automech) costing Rs.12000. Is it necessary to go for CAI along with FFE? How much would it cost?
Yes if you are going for exhaust then a after market exhaust would definitely add few horses. A good CAI system would cost around 8-10k.

Quote:
Also it would be of great help if the GURU's could tell me what all needs to be checked or changed as the 140000 kms servicing is approaching.
Ask dealer to see if they can fish the service records out and give a thorough inspection and work quotation.

Since this is a second hand buy, good idea to get all fluids & filters changed. Do complete overhaul of brakes. Inspect all rubber hoses and belts. Timings belt and tensioner replacement if you don't have a history available and was not replaced recently.

Quote:
I plan to get the suspensions also checked. Is it advised to changed the suspension at 135000 kms? Is still running on stock shocks. How much would it cost to change to new OEM shocks?
Do you face any issues with suspension? I would suggest inspect and change parts.

New OEM complete replacement can cost you about a 80k to a lakh, including shocks, lower arms, tie end, bushes etc. Again if it comes to this, why not try for after market shocks atleast, will give you a good improvement wrt ride and handling.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks