Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:38   #16
BHPian

NIce set of wheels, i am really impressed by quality of exhaust manifolds, really a neat & clean job, better than OEM.
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:46   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Quote:
Make a long trip and keep above 3500 for some time...it'll be metallic blue.
Speaking from experience on Ajmats Vtec, are we?

Quote:
Also being from the old school of thought I like cars like this which do not shout out that they have been modded.
Totally! I dont really like overtly-done up Hondas with body kits et all. Understated is cool.

Quote:
Loud or a rumbling kind of sound ?
Good question. I got the sound changed a second time from Automech to deep rumble. A little bit on the loud side.

Quote:
Can that not be addressed by using KONI shockers ?
Maybe. But I am more keen on Psychos "magic-potion" suspension which Ajmat already has on his car.

Quote:

i was about to say "wash the engine bay" when i saw the air filter pic but then i guess you did by the time you got the headers fitted??
Hehehehe. Nope. Need to take care of that. There is some marginal work left on the car, so will have a complete wash job done once the auto-shops are done with it.

Quote:
Did you eventually settle for steel/MS for the Automech ?
A combination of both.

Quote:
Final query - what abt strut braces on ur VTEC ?
How much do they really help? Want to test-drive a Honda with braces first before opting for a set.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd May 2007 at 10:48.
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
.... the headers were on the way. Vivek asked where I wanted the power delivery improved (Low / mid / high rpm range).
First off GTO, the wheels look cool man.

Just a question, maybe psycho can answer it too.

If the headers are bolt on (assuming they come in 4x1 or 4x2x1 design) how does one choose the power delivery range like low-mid etc ?

I am assuming the header unit is one final piece where all pipes are already welded together and ready to be plonked in. Only thing needed is a straight pipe with end can to complete the FFE job. Please clarify.

P.S. Psycho is this SS Greddy header available for the esteem too? Can u let me know the price please? Thnx.
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

boy oh boy....excellent pics and an awsome car. loved the headers. how does the car sound now? do you have a video or something?

take care of her
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:02   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This photograph says it all. Just incredible looks, that too from an OHC. The NHCs should run for cover or drown themselves in an Oil sump. Send this pic to Honda Siel, let them eat their heart out, their hat or anything else.
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:05   #21
BHPian

Where did the 1.2 lac went to, usually such a job ( FFE and k&n) costs less than 30,000 rs . please give details.
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:17   #22
BHPian

Is there any difference in mileage after FFE done.
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Lovely alloys - complements the car colour perfectly.
What brand are they ?

An OT question and somewhat of a dampner maybe given the fun you are having with the car - do headers and FFE affect the 'pollution certificate' readings ? If so, can the car be tuned to stay within legal limits ?
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:19   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If the headers are bolt on (assuming they come in 4x1 or 4x2x1 design) how does one choose the power delivery range like low-mid etc
Its a 4x2x1 header. The piping diameter (from header onward) can have an effect on the powerband.

Quote:
boy oh boy....excellent pics and an awsome car. loved the headers. how does the car sound now? do you have a video or something?

take care of her
Excellent idea! Will find a way to record the sound at high rpms.

Quote:
This photograph says it all. Just incredible looks, that too from an OHC. The NHCs should run for cover or drown themselves in an Oil sump. Send this pic to Honda Siel, let them eat their heart out, their hat or anything else.
Man, you have gone ballistic! Thanks!

Quote:
Where did the 1.2 lac went to, usually such a job ( FFE and k&n) costs less than 30,000 rs . please give details.
Please read the post again. The cost includes everything : exhaust, intake, paint, wheels and ICE upgrade.
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:43   #25
BHPian

Man, thats one cool ride.. the alloys really complement the body colour!!
fantastish!!
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Awwssum choice of wheels....!!! Absolutely matching the looks of the car..!!!

The 4 year old baby is still a stunner..!!

What did u do of the stock alloys??
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:51   #27
BHPian

Could you give exactly how much was spent on FFE alone, also please tell whether there is any drop in mileage.
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:59   #28
BHPian

Great work GTO! Looks amazing!!

Was it just the over-coat or the carz under gone full repaint (i mean scrapping the OE paint and then repaint) ?

also try putting a black rear central roof antenna (la Octavia/Astra TDi style)...will definately enhance the looks...what u say

Last edited by zakaaaaasss : 3rd May 2007 at 12:03.
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations GTO, the car looks fantastic!! The Alloys really look good & fill up the arches very nicely, hope you're enjoying the rejevunated beasts's high-rpm sojourns!
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:13   #30
Team-BHP Support

Long time coming this, but worth the wait! Finally, FINALLY the Vtec gets the rubber it deserves! No, I don't buy the line about how much fun bald, rock hard bridgestones are! The car now actually handles like it should! It even goes around corners in the direction its supposed to.

Those alloys compliment the colour perfectly, and what can I say about the header. Well, nothing, coz 'm still waiting to try them out!

As for the ICE...ummm

Most Viewed