Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2021, 20:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Modification Diaries | Maruti Baleno Zeta | Remap, lowering springs, exhaust, audio upgrade & mo

Quite a big set of mods on your Baleno! I think the Baleno RS would have satisfied a good set of those mods though it had not yet arrived on the scene in 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Phase 7 It was razor sharp and I have no words to put my experience. So as every starter guy, I planned to put lowering springs. It was a mixed spectrum regarding lowering springs, as they have equal amount of haters as well as supporters. To my cause, I got bowled for lowering springs as they deliver the stance and better handling at a fraction of the cost of coil-overs. A new brand named MTS Technik emerged into Indian market imported via Stancewerkz, Autopsyche, Delhi.
When driving on a undulating road with 5 people does the car have excessive vertical movement after the lowering? I have put on a set of Cobra springs on my RS and while it works a treat when I drive it alone or another passenger, it's a bit bouncy when loaded with loggage and 4/5 people. Seems that the stock dampers cannot damp the stiff springs properly.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 22:05   #32
BHPian

Re: Modification Diaries | Maruti Baleno Zeta | Remap, lowering springs, exhaust, audio upgrade & mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Damn, that is a good looking Baleno! Love the golden rims & aesthetic enhancements. Congrats to you guys on a nicely done up car.
Thank you so much GTO . The golden rims indeed enhance the look of the Baleno by leaps & bounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Sorry if I missed it anywhere, but how much did the whole project cost ? This thread will be helpful for Baleno owners unfamiliar with modifications and looking to work on their cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Nice choice of wheels. It seems you have spent all your pocket money on modifications. Mind sharing how much have you invested till now?
I would say my friend has spent all his pocket money & some on the car. The total cost of all the modifications done would be around the 3 lac mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaushik View Post
Awesome mods Shankhanil and thanks Chiranjit for giving us the details.
I often see the baleno on my commutes and it always catches my eye and i look for "what new this time"
Will love to personally check it out some day.
Thanks kaushik da, we all should catch up soon (after the Corona situation becomes normal).

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Beautifully done. Love how lowering springs completely transform how a car looks. Has to be my favorite mod here. Any further mods planned for the performance side? Visually the car is complete! Love this car.
Thanks amol4184, glad you liked the modifications. As for the future mods planned, we are looking to upgrade the intake system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Looks like you spent a whole load of money.
How are the Brembo pads compared to stock ? Where did you purchase it ?
He says there is some improvement in braking after upgrading the brake pads, though the difference isn't huge. He got them from Delta5 Performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunin View Post
Lovely write-up Chiranjit! Great work by Shankhanil to do up his Baleno as per his vision. I especially liked the functional modifications like the lowered springs and remap. Although the car is now a little less practical than before (talking mainly of the lower stance and low profile tyres)
Thanks Gunin da. As for it being less practical with the lowered setup, I am certain this Baleno won't be able to reach your workplace .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarG View Post
A superb backstory of a glamorous Baleno! Very aesthetically and tastefully done, unlike so many others. Wish you many many happy pops and bangs!
Thanks Bhaskar da, glad you liked the thread. You should drive the car once & experience the pops & bangs yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Nicely Modded Baleno , thanks for the detailed write up

What was the cost of custom header and decat ? Any CEL post decat ?
Thanks Dr.Naren. The cost of the custom header was around 12k. As for the CEL, we didn't get any CEL. The O2 sensor is still fitted in the new header.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I too have done couple of mods in my Baleno, but more to come .
Your car looks quite lovely, actually my friend Shankhanil is a big fan of your S-cross 1.6. He's also looking to change the steering into something a bit more sportier, maybe we will plonk the Swift steering in his car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vss2110 View Post
A quick question though, would these mods not make this vehicle illegal to ply on our roads? especially the spring swap?
Thanks Vss2110. The car is perfectly road legal & is a daily driver. The spring swap isn't at all illegal, even some OEMs have different springs for different variants of the same car. The Punto in 2012 got an upgrade, the ride height was increased by around 20mm. There are pre 2012 Puntos riding on the new setup, while some new ones are running on the old lowered setup. Then there was the Fiesta 1.6s, a limited edition variant of the Fiesta that had a lowered ride height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver52001 View Post
No other Baleno has got as much love as this one. Great work. I am also looking to replace Ignis Delta headlights with projectors. Saw that Om guy on YouTube. But had a nagging thought about his plug and play claim. Doesn't projector assembly need separate wiring? Some have suggested it might not be a good idea to piggy ride projectors on stock halogen wiring. I'll go for the swap if I get the green light from here.
The setup in my friend's car is working perfectly. He's running the current headlights on stock wiring itself. As per my friend, you can go ahead with the modification.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONG_TOURER View Post
. Love the overall stance of the car and those beautiful golden wheels makes it icing on the cake. I can guarantee that this is by far the best modded baleno in entire Guwahati. Keep updating the thread on future mods on the car. And looking forward to a small meetup to witness how she roars on the streets.
Thank you LONG_TOURER. This Baleno does turn heads everywhere it goes. We should meet up soon, I am also very eager to drive your Tuscon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramgkulkarni View Post
Kudos to you guys for a wonderful writeup. This made my boring wednesday afternoon a treat.

The car looks sharp and I am a fan of gold wheels on any coloured cars.
I always found tyre upgrades a bit of mixed bag, when i upgraded to 15" on Swift from the 14s, it seriously impacted the ride quality in the already bad roads of Bangalore.
Thanks ramgkulkarni. I am also personally not a big fan of low profile tyres, considering our road conditions. But the big wheels give an excellent stance, helps in the handling as well. The Baleno does come with 16" rims from factory, so I guess going one size up is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_404 View Post
Thanks for documenting such a detailed report of the modifications. I was lucky enough to get a chance to drive this beast and boy it did leave quite a impression.
Personally I am not the biggest fan of the Baleno hatchback (rejected it back in 2016 to get a i20), but this car feels special. Sadly due to the lockdown haven't got an opportunity to drive it with the new lowering springs yet, but even without them it handled better than a regular Baleno. Can't wait to get my hands on it for another drive.
Thanks JD_404. I clearly remember that drive, you really enjoyed driving the Baleno. So much so that I have heard you are planning to modify your i20 with pops and bangs and 17" low profile tires. You must drive the car now with the lowering springs, drives very differently now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaboy View Post
Great thread.
Just a doubt, will Baleno take such powerful audio without any jarring in the doors?
The Baleno takes this music system very easily, there aren't any unwanted rattles/jarring from anywhere. There were initially some rattles on low frequencies, which were gone after the damping job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaboy View Post
Also, with the new alloys, tyres & springs - seems the wheel arch liner sits pretty close to the tyre. Is it not hitting, when there are 4+ people in the car?
No scrape or anything like that. Even with 4 people onboard my friend has only managed to scrape the arches only twice or thrice, which is mainly due to the aftermarket alloy's offset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren83 View Post
Only a couple of days ago, I was admiring the Baleno RS experience of a fellow member.

LOVE the steering wrap. I never knew that custom installations can be executed so beautifully. Maruti should hire your installer right away.
Thank you viren83. The installation was not done by any professional installer, it was in fact done by his Mother . The installation has been done very beautifully, looks like a factory fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren83 View Post
Isn't the steering too stiff after the massive tire upgrade? I am sure you guys must be feeling every inch of the tarmac. How's the Brembo braking feel compared with the stock bite? Mind sharing the brake pad pricing here.
There isn't any noticeable increase in steering weight when compared to a stock Baleno, I have one more friend who has a 2020 stock Baleno. The steering feel is certainly better here, especially after the lowering springs went in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post

Awesome thread Chiranjit, and you have gone the whole big in terms of making your car unique. Great passion and taste for modification. Your car looks like one of the cars from KL and not AS . Also an unbiased view on the mods make it even better. Hope the modded Baleno serves you for a long time.
Thanks jithin23. The car indeed looks like it's from KL. My friend was studying in TN & has many car friends from there. He got the inspiration to modify a car by looking at the car culture down south.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 16th June 2021 at 22:17.
chiranjitp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 23:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

I found it funny that the detailing folks tested out their product on a small portion of about 1x1 foot right in the middle of the bonnet. Like how can you now drive around with a white patch in the middle of the bonnet, thus forcing you to get a detail whether you like it or not. Classic tactics!

Attachment 2166842
govigov is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 00:48   #34
BHPian

Oh wow! That's the coolest Baleno I've ever seen! That's a ton of work, I admire the patience; really shows how much you guys love that little car. Congrats on the new look (the front looks amazing, especially), I hope MS finds this thread and showcases your work in some way. Keep us posted on how the ride quality changes with the lowered set-up.
Gaboonviper04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 18:49   #35
BHPian

Greetings,
Looks like South spoiled you for good.
Wicked looking and sounding Baleno.
You have spent considerable amount of time and have achieved a stunningly beautiful machine. Kudos.
The modification bug starts slow and takes over completely, isn't it.
Drive safe.
matchvan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 18:54   #36
BHPian

Nice writeup Chiranjit. Shankhanil's Baleno is the coolest one I have seen yet. The latest addition took it to an another level altogether and literally made it the coolest Baleno on Guwahati roads

My personal favourite are those beautiful wheels and the Pops and Bangs tune.

Eagerly waiting for a drive in this. Hope this Covid scene clears up soon.

DevOnWheels
DevOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 03:11   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive_30 View Post
Hey Chiranjitp, such nice writeup. The mods are wow inspiring here at Guwahati where the modification scene is at a very nascent stage.

The wheels look so awesome.

Could you suggest some good FNG's here out at Guwahati as most of Hyundai ASS have not been able to resolve some of my recurring issues and charges exorbitantly.
Thanks Drive_30. The modification scene in Guwahati is still in its infancy stage, but the scene is slowly improving. As for a good FNG, I still haven't found a FNG that's up to my expectations, especially when it comes to fixing our 99 Omni. Still among the FNGs that I have visited, I would say you could visit SANTONU GARAGE, which is located adjacent to the Radisson Blu hotel. They did my Omni's restoration last year & I was decently happy with the output.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Quite a big set of mods on your Baleno!

When driving on a undulating road with 5 people does the car have excessive vertical movement after the lowering? I have put on a set of Cobra springs on my RS and while it works a treat when I drive it alone or another passenger, it's a bit bouncy when loaded with luggage and 4/5 people. Seems that the stock dampers cannot damp the stiff springs properly.
Thanks shibujp. Due to the shorter spring length, with 5 people on board there is very less room for the springs to play with. So ride is a bit choppy compared to how it's with 2 people onboard. However it's not that bad, it took me a week or two to realize this phenomenon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Looks like South spoiled you for good.
Wicked looking and sounding Baleno.
The modification bug starts slow and takes over completely, isn't it.
Thanks matchvan. The modification bug indeed starts slowly & before we realize, we are on a journey with no end. My friend started with a simple roof wrap modification.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevOnWheels View Post
Nice writeup Chiranjit. Shankhanil's Baleno is the coolest one I have seen yet.

My personal favourite are those beautiful wheels and the Pops and Bangs tune.

Eagerly waiting for a drive in this. Hope this Covid scene clears up soon.
Thanks Devarsi. Hoping the Covid situation becomes normal soon & we can all get back to driving. I am sure you will love driving this Baleno.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 19th June 2021 at 03:14.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 07:46   #38
BHPian

Excellent write-up chirantjitp! Very inspiring to see all the mods, especially the stage wise upgrade.

As mentioned by many, possibly the most tastefully modded Baleno!

Kudos and keep this thread alive.

On a separate note, happy to see good installers availability in Guwahati. Gives me confidence to get things done when I’m there. Will PM you for details.

In Assam for a couple of months, would love to see the Baleno in person.
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 06:07   #39
BHPian

Wow, one of the coolest Baleno in our city. Now have that itch to do the same with my Aspire TdCi.
Really appreciate the extensive time, effort and obviously Vitamin M but every paisa has been worth it.
Guwahati doesn't have very reliable FNG's but few new detailing shops have opened up near Sarusajai stadium - Detailing Bulls is one.
The number of Team Bhpians here is increasing and a meet is needed soon. Hopefully will get to at least touch this Baleno.
Old 16th June 2022, 00:51   #40

Was not a big fan of white colour before but this baleno with those golden rims had me going Gaga.
Such a delightful sight.
Your friend sure has created for himself a sick joyride.
Looking forward to more updates on mods to this beauty.
Old 11th October 2022, 20:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLxGuy69 View Post
Was not a big fan of white colour before but this baleno with those golden rims had me going Gaga.
Such a delightful sight.
Your friend sure has created for himself a sick joyride.
Looking forward to more updates on mods to this beauty.
Some months ago (maybe a year ago IIRC), the Baleno received a body wrap and the wheels were repainted. Stock front bumper was replaced with the Baleno RS bumper. Attaching a pic of the car in its current avatar.

Modification Diaries | Maruti Baleno Zeta | Remap, lowering springs, exhaust, audio upgrade & more-4766dfd00f7b415888af322e92d58d67.jpeg

Pic Source: Owner's Instagram

Last edited by TurboKat : 11th October 2022 at 20:39.

Most Viewed