Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2021, 17:12   #31

Re: Why is the dealer offering the 'Mercedes Me Adapter' for free?

Hey folks,

I had a Mercedes’Me adapter installed on my GLC200. Honestly it’s worth is questionable.

I don’t know find the data useful. It is inadequate at best. It’s attached but I hardly use it now.

If anyone has pro tips on making the best use of it please do share.

Cheers. Make your peace.
Old 27th May 2023, 22:47   #32

Hi, I am a user of the Mercedes Me Adapter along with the Mercedes Adapter App on my Android phone. In my W212 which is an E220 CDI 2012 Model, this is a great way to get real time "Cockpit" Data on the Phone with some great Data elements from the car.

Today when i opened the App i got a message on the Home Page that the Services of this Adapter are ending on August 30th 2023, which meant that they are discontinuing it. Now that really surprises me that how can a brand like Mercedes randomly take a decision to do this ? Needless to say that I really use the App and i have written to the Mercedes Me Support Team with my questions on how shall I be able to use it going forward.

Just wanted to know if other Mercedes owners have seen this message and what they think about this random decision by Mercedes.

Do let me know if anyone is aware of any other way to keep this working or getting the same Data Elements on Phone using an alternate app.

Thanks
scorpion_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 07:08   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blr View Post
Hi, I am a user of the Mercedes Me Adapter along with the Mercedes Adapter App on my Android phone. In my W212 which is an E220 CDI 2012 Model, this is a great way to get real time "Cockpit" Data on the Phone with some great Data elements from the car.

Today when i opened the App i got a message on the Home Page that the Services of this Adapter are ending on August 30th 2023, which meant that they are discontinuing it. Now that really surprises me that how can a brand like Mercedes randomly take a decision to do this ? Needless to say that I really use the App and i have written to the Mercedes Me Support Team with my questions on how shall I be able to use it going forward.

Just wanted to know if other Mercedes owners have seen this message and what they think about this random decision by Mercedes.

Do let me know if anyone is aware of any other way to keep this working or getting the same Data Elements on Phone using an alternate app.

Thanks
Even I got the same message on my app. In my case, my app had logged me out because I literally hadn’t even opened the app for the last few months. This seemed like a weird game from day one itself. I knew they would either discontinue it or eventually make it chargeable. I guess it must not have been monetarily sustainable to offer the app and services free of charge (the app doesn’t even have ads).

It was indeed fun to play around with for a couple of months, but I had completely forgotten about it once the novelty had worn off. The only repeated reminder of its existence was the annoying rattle being caused by the dangling OBD port cover flapping about.
Attached Thumbnails
Why is the dealer offering the 'Mercedes Me Adapter' for free?-1a9dae5e0579431c8e43ee6e2aeac4e5.png  

Last edited by Sanidhya mukund : 28th May 2023 at 07:11.
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 11:27   #34

Yes i agree on the Economics, however the people who bought the adapter for INR6k should definitely rebel on this move. I have written to the support team to see what solution they provide going forward, we should try to push to get a solution. Thanks
scorpion_blr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks