Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2007, 17:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Sports muffler / exhaust system for Fiesta TDci

My friends had the car for a few months now and wants some vrooom, so looking at buying an aftermarket muffler and looking to get a custom exhaust system made... he's just not sure since its a Turbo diesel if there would be any complications...?

I looked through couple of the other threads and have gathered that modded mufflers / exhaust systems on diesel cars dont usually yeild the results that petrol counterparts give. Some members though have modded systems for the CRDI's and this seems to be an okay thing to do.
Old 9th May 2007, 20:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
I looked through couple of the other threads and have gathered that modded mufflers / exhaust systems on diesel cars dont usually yeild the results that petrol counterparts give.
Performance gains between petrol and diesel can be different. Also a FFE on a diesel can sound very different from the FFE on a petrol.

Psycho should be able to give u the rite info. Send him a PM.
Old 9th May 2007, 20:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

You can also pm Drifter for a 1st hand report on having a FFE for a diesel and its pros and cons . he had a FFE on his Accent CRDi for a couple of years.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 9th May 2007 at 20:29.
Old 10th May 2007, 10:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Performance gains between petrol and diesel can be different. Also a FFE on a diesel can sound very different from the FFE on a petrol. Psycho should be able to give u the rite info. Send him a PM.
Yep I know its a different ballgame alltogether. I just thought I would ask in the forum so it can be a referance to others in the future, didnt find any concrete discussions regarding this.

If my friend does decide to go ahead with this, most definately I will take him to meet keshav and let them take it from there
Old 11th May 2007, 05:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
If my friend does decide to go ahead with this, most definately I will take him to meet keshav and let them take it from there
Good Idea.. But i always thought that a FFE on a Diesel will make it more loud than the normal Vrooom... Also since it it Turbocharged your FFE will be slightly more expensive than the normal ones.

Godfather
Old 2nd August 2007, 02:08   #6
BHPian

hey souljah did we get anything concrete on this finally - theres lots of diesel cars these days (busa peted swift diesel for eg) and fiat puntos and diesel fabias maybe around soon too

We already know now that performance on a diesel is more predictable with pete's box than FFE but then we also want our diesel hot hatches to sound better

So is FFE recommended for diesels, or is even just changing the end-can for atleast a deeper better sound ok.

cheers,
j
Old 2nd August 2007, 02:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

On a Turbo-Diesel car since Diesels are high compression engines and the fact that they also have to run the turbo from comparatively low rpms, the exhausts are already optimised. Only gain could be at the end-can, but apart from the sound, that won't provide any meaningful performance. Go for Chip tuning/fuel pressure mapping as in Pete's etc for best results.
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
hey souljah did we get anything concrete on this finally
No the guy ended up doing some other stuff to the car with his $$. So no mods for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Only gain could be at the end-can, but apart from the sound, that won't provide any meaningful performance. Go for Chip tuning/fuel pressure mapping as in Pete's etc for best results.
He's more after the sound really but I warned him that exhaust note wouldnt be those nice purring sounds one gets to hear one well tuned benzene cars.

Iv been doing some heavy pitching for the Pete's... lets see

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks