Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
How will xenons look on the Dicor??

Godfather
It will look good on Dicor. (Indigo)
Old 2nd June 2007, 00:59   #47
BHPian

Godfather -
I was stuck in a traffic jam one evening in the IRR (along with most guys from the Embassy Golf Links). But the one thing that kept me cool was the sight of the Red Safari Dicor next to me with Xenon lights! trust me.... it was one awesome looking ride......
Old 2nd June 2007, 11:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

So how far have we gotten on the face lift part of the story mate?
Do post pics once you have done up something.

Goddy please don't kill your Safari dude. It looks charming and wicked the way it is now.

IMO check-out Safaris personally with Xenon's and see if you like 'em.Then take the plunge .
Old 3rd June 2007, 08:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Goddy please don't kill your Safari dude. It looks charming and wicked the way it is now.

IMO check-out Safaris personally with Xenon's and see if you like 'em.Then take the plunge .
Ok Rj.. Thanks.. I am really happy with my 130/110 rallye.

Godfather
Old 3rd June 2007, 12:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Put 2 additional bulbs for the rear brake light that Maruti has omitted to cut costs. Atleast then, they will look good when lit up.

Also, a bee sting antenna in the rear helps distract the attention from the fat rear. IMHO, spoilers dont suit the Baleno rear at all. They make the fat rear look even fatter.

Another cheap mod I have done on my Baleno is to put wire mesh on the grille and part of the front bumper.
Old 3rd June 2007, 12:41   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Put 2 additional bulbs for the rear brake light that Maruti has omitted to cut costs. Atleast then, they will look good when lit up.

Also, a bee sting antenna in the rear helps distract the attention from the fat rear. IMHO, spoilers dont suit the Baleno rear at all. They make the fat rear look even fatter.

Another cheap mod I have done on my Baleno is to put wire mesh on the grille and part of the front bumper.
where exactly do u put the bulbs in the rear brake lights? Any idea about the specs of the bulb? I was thinkin about spilling some cash and gettin the clear indicator lights..... i think it looks a lot better.....
And i dont think the front of the Baleno needs much souping up..... it looks pleasant enough....
Old 3rd June 2007, 12:49   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I hvnt done much work on the car yet... just got myself a decent audio setup (Pioneer HU and 5-way rear ovals, kenwood 110W up front and Sony Xplod sub and amp). Someone was suggesting that I go for component speakers up front..... wht do you guys think?

Also, I have put on G-Sport seat covers... it looks really neat, but I feel like kicking myself on putting the covers everytime I get into the car after it has been lying in the sun for a long time.... does everyone else also have the same issue?
Old 4th June 2007, 09:15   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
Also, I have put on G-Sport seat covers... it looks really neat, but I feel like kicking myself on putting the covers everytime I get into the car after it has been lying in the sun for a long time.... does everyone else also have the same issue?
I have G-Sport, never had the problem of seats getting heated up, even though the fake MOMO steering wheel gets heated up and it has metallic parts.

Re the brake light bulbs, Not sure of the specs, but its shouldnt be a big deal, just go to any authorised Maruti service centre and get it fitted.
Old 12th June 2007, 09:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Posting the pics of the stuff I have done on my car so far

Pioneer Head Unit

G-Sport seat covers

Sony Xplod Sub and Pioneer 5-way speakers

Sony Xplod Amp (in trunk)

Old 12th June 2007, 10:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

Nice Seat covers...!!
Whats that i see in your avatar?? Which fog lamps are those?
Old 12th June 2007, 11:50   #56
BHPian

Leo the car looks neat...must say you have maintained the car really well.
About the problem of seats getting heated up, do you have sun film, if not get them installed, sun film should solve the problem of interiors and seats getting heated up.

Cheers
Hellcat
Old 12th June 2007, 13:57   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice Seat covers...!!
Same here to.
How much did it cost you?Also why dint you get the door trims done?
Old 12th June 2007, 18:18   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Nice Seat covers...!!
Whats that i see in your avatar?? Which fog lamps are those?
It is a pair of Lumax fog lamps, made for the Baleno. It got it from JC Road, Bangalore, for 2000 rs. I am pretty satisifed with it. Even Hellcat has a pair. I replaced the parklights with white LEDs. I took the pic with only the parklights switched on and the fog lamps.

Hellcat -
I already have sunfilm stuck to my windows. But there isn't any on the rear windscreen. I had initially stuck sunfilm on my rear windscreen. But there were a lot of air bubbles. I took it back to the accessories place and he told me that the bubbles were due to some glue on the wind screen that was left there when Maruti guys stuck the de-mister. He said he could scrap off the glue, but there is a risk that the de-mister line would get cut, rendering it useless. So I just got him to remove the sunfilm for the rear windscreen. Is it possible to stick the sunfilm properly without any issues?
Old 12th June 2007, 18:19   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Same here to.
How much did it cost you?Also why dint you get the door trims done?
Initially, I got the stock door trims replaced with G-Sport leather trims. But I was not satisified with the job done. So I refused to pay up and asked the chap to do something about it. So he replaced the leather with a velvet door trim. It looks better than the stock trims, but I still think that beige G-Sport leather trims would look awesome if done properly. Can anyone recommend a good place in Bangalore where this can be done?

By the way, I paid Rs. 8000/- for the seat covers. Didn't pay for the door trims
Old 12th June 2007, 19:39   #60
Senior - BHPian

For the door trims check with NIP , he has some awesome work done in his scorpio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks