Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2007, 09:07   #106
BHPian

the car looks hot, how much did you pay for the xenons , but how is it in driving .. cause there is huge difference when there are cars coming your way and the light from their cars will diffuse the white beam.. atleast that's what i heard..
Old 9th December 2007, 10:29   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye View Post
the car looks hot, how much did you pay for the xenons , but how is it in driving .. cause there is huge difference when there are cars coming your way and the light from their cars will diffuse the white beam.. atleast that's what i heard..
The kit was put up for sale by a fellow TBhpian. I got it for 7K.

During driving, it is almost the same as normal halogen lamps, if not better. If another jerk comes at u at high-beam, u'll face the same issues as with the normal halogen lamps (not able see clearly, etc, etc, etc). But if the opposing traffic has low-beam or if there is no opposing traffic, I feel that the Xenons do a better job than the halogens.
Old 9th December 2007, 12:41   #108
Senior - BHPian

whats the brand of hid kit you have installed?
Old 9th December 2007, 14:13   #109
BHPian

leodelg-i have a friend whose got a hid kit [10000k]in his accent crdi which is painfully bright when viewed from front and which gives you the impression that this would have very good vision but like mclaren mentioned it is just show and no go,from the inside the vision is so bad.so just wanted to ask,do you have the same issues[in a baleno] if not i would like to install it in my car.about the fog lamps,i have hella micro in my car and have changed it[the bulbs] to"narva"white bulbs which makes it look really good,the so called fog lamps are just for show,so doesnt matter.
Old 9th December 2007, 14:23   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
leodelg-i have a friend whose got a hid kit [10000k]in his accent crdi which is painfully bright when viewed from front and which gives you the impression that this would have very good vision but like mclaren mentioned it is just show and no go,from the inside the vision is so bad.so just wanted to ask,do you have the same issues[in a baleno] if not i would like to install it in my car.about the fog lamps,i have hella micro in my car and have changed it[the bulbs] to"narva"white bulbs which makes it look really good,the so called fog lamps are just for show,so doesnt matter.
No sir.. I dont face any issues with the vision from the inside (please refer to my previous post). For good vision, choose a Xenon bulb within the 4000K-6000K color range. The higher you go, the brighter it would look from the outside, but the worse the vision will be from the inside. I believe this is what even Rahul (mclaren) was saying. If your buddy want better vision, ask him to get 6000K bulbs.

About the fogs, even I have "narva white" H3 bulbs that I picked up from JC Road. It used to look white when compared to the halogen bulbs. But when compared to the Xenons, it looks yellow (as seen from the pic).
Old 14th February 2008, 17:39   #111
BHPian

Hey Buddy, your babe looks supercool.
Congrats
Old 31st October 2009, 12:16   #112
BHPian

Some minor upgrades...

Finally, some decent upgrades on the Baleno that I can actually post over here. I got my brother to upgrade the alloys and change the tyres from the stock ones.
Stock - 165/80 R13
New - 195/60 R14

Alloys - HRS
Tyres - Continental Premium Contact2

Special thanks to Nikhilb2008 for some tyre 'consulting'!

Wanna face lift my Baleno - Suggestions please-dsc06243.jpg

Wanna face lift my Baleno - Suggestions please-dsc06377.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks